WDW in September

TxStateMouse

Hello to all you fellow Disney lovers and haters (because it can most def be a love/hate relationship)! This is my first post on this board :wave: (so please do not chew me up and spit me out, I'm still learning :eek:). I am hoping to get some advice from all of you expert members, and I hope I am posting in the right place.

Ok, so I have a trip planned in September 2009. I see all these promotions on television right now that are only good until April or June or something like that. Well what do you guys think the odds are of them extending this through summer and into September? Do they do this just to get people to the parks? Also, I have read that mid-September is a less crowded time, is this true? Because if so, that would be amazing! Also, I am ridiculously worried about a hurricane heading for central Florida right around my time to go on vacation. Is this a bad time to go? (I live near Houston and was nearly destroyed by Ike this summer, so if THIS trip gets ruined by a hurricane I just don't know what I'd do.) Also, for all you Florida folks, what's the weather like in mid-September? Hot enough to hit the waterparks? Also, is MouseSavers a legit way to look for discounts? Do some attractions close in these "value" seasons?

Thank you for all your help, you'd think this was my first trip. And sadly...it's not. :rolleyes:

brent2124

Yes you posted in the right place and yes it is hot enough to do a waterpark. Mousesavers is an excellent place to look for discounts as well as this forum. As far as extended offers that will depend on how the economy is and how good or bad WDW bookings are. One big promotion in September is geting the Disney Dining Plan for free. Just check these sites frequently for the best deal for you. Also you should PLAN PLAN PLAN ahead so you know what you want to do before you get there.

Upvote 0

Adventure

In the past 4 years I have gone in September 3 times and once in October. Each trip in September there were hurricane threats at some point but luckily they blew south or came just prior to our trip. The temps seemed to be around 90 everyday. Last year was the first year that we were able to take advantage of the dining plan. Definitely worth waiting to see if they offer the free dining promo in the spring. The good thing about going in mid-September on is the Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party. A great night for all ages. Last September the only ride that was down that I can remember was Primevil Whirl. This September I know Space Mountain will be down for refurb. I think it's a great time of year to go.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Hello to all you fellow Disney lovers and haters (because it can most def be a love/hate relationship)! This is my first post on this board :wave: (so please do not chew me up and spit me out, I'm still learning :eek:). I am hoping to get some advice from all of you expert members, and I hope I am posting in the right place.

Ok, so I have a trip planned in September 2009. I see all these promotions on television right now that are only good until April or June or something like that. Well what do you guys think the odds are of them extending this through summer and into September? Do they do this just to get people to the parks? Also, I have read that mid-September is a less crowded time, is this true? Because if so, that would be amazing! Also, I am ridiculously worried about a hurricane heading for central Florida right around my time to go on vacation. Is this a bad time to go? (I live near Houston and was nearly destroyed by Ike this summer, so if THIS trip gets ruined by a hurricane I just don't know what I'd do.) Also, for all you Florida folks, what's the weather like in mid-September? Hot enough to hit the waterparks? Also, is MouseSavers a legit way to look for discounts? Do some attractions close in these "value" seasons?

Thank you for all your help, you'd think this was my first trip. And sadly...it's not. :rolleyes:

WoW..we also live right outside Houston..we are planning our trip in September this year..We have gone once in April and 4 times in September..we ALWAYS go in Septmber...The weather is great and the crowds are VERY managable..we have had some hurricane trouble..IVAN got us..there were sandbags around all the doors at AKL and the airports were full of people trying to get out on Saturday..our stay was up on Saturday, BUT we flew in STANDBY sooooo...there was no getting on a flight..rented a car and proceeded a 17 hour car ride through Florida, Arkansas, Louisanna and Texas..with MULTIPLE detours because of previous hurricanes that summer...Everyone I talked to there said they felt it was almost safer to stay there..WDW takes things like that seriously and I was never too worried..other than that one time we have had BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT weather EVERY TIME !!! Hope that helps..maybe we will run into you there...ha ah ha..we are staying at AKL..where you staying ?

Upvote 0

DormaNesbit

We went at the end of September in 2005 and it was great! We never waited more that 10 minutes for any ride and yes it was extremely hot, but we're from very humid south Jersey so we are used to heat. Besides, your hotel pool and the two water parks are great places to visit. Also, for the last couple of years they have done specials stating in May where if you book for the end of August-September you get free dining. Don't forget you can ask any of the Kingdom Konsultants on this web site! I hope this helps.:wave:

Upvote 0

TxStateMouse

Original Poster
Thank you all!

Wow thank you to all that responded! I think I really like this place! (Work might not like me on it, however!) I love the tips and feedback - I am feeling so much better about traveling in September. I'm crossing my fingers for good weather and no crowds, heck maybe even free dining!! Yessss!

All the best!

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

We love September. We don't mind the heat or humidity--we live in Chicago and we are sick of winter already and it just basically began a few weeks ago. We have gone September 1 - 9 (or 10) the last three years. This year, because of hubby's job, we have to go September 20-29. I'd prefer the earlier week, but for this year, we'll just have to change.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Yeah, September is a great time to go. Its right when school starts for most people so a lot of the families don't opt to go there. And the weather is pretty good, not too hot. We just made our reservations this morning for the begining of Sept. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

September is always a good time to go. Hurricane season lasts too long for you to worry about them hitting while you are at WDW.

Upvote 0

WWallaceII

Another September fan here, been twice just after Labor day..crowds minimal, weather lovely (compared to Scotland anyway) and have never been affected by hurricanes. As rsoxguy says the season is too long to worry that your vacation may be hindered by one!

Have fun during your trip, we are booking our Sep '09 trip on Saturday! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

erstwo

They may not extend the "Buy 4, Get 3 Free" offer until September, but they will most likely offer some great deals! In the past they have offered free dining, etc.

Keep checking back to this site!

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

DH and I have gone the past 3 years in Sept for our anniversary and love this time of year! :sohappy:

We have been lucky enough to get free dining each time. The weather was hot and humid each time...warning! 2007 there was a lot of rain but we have not had any issues w/ hurricanes. Lines are not bad at all and we get to do all we want to.

One suggestion: Make your dining reservations as soon as you can, which is 90 days from your arrival date. Sit-down restaurants get booked up fast, especially if there is Free Dining.

I also recommend using Kingdom Konsultants. They are fantastic! They will book with the best deal available for you, and if something better is released they will switch it for you. They can also help with your dining plans.

Have a great time and welcome to the boards! :wave:

Upvote 0

TxStateMouse

Original Poster
Thanks again everybody! I will most definitely book the dining exactly 90 days out. I, for some reason thought it was 6 months out, but now I am reading 90 days everywhere. So I will go with the 90 days. :slurp:

I am feeling better and better about this September trip, I wish I would have know about Kingdom Konsultants earlier - I love WDW, but I love it even more when I can get the discounts! I can't wait to see if they do the free dining again! I'm new, and I'm an addict to these boards already! These 8 months can not go fast enough!

Have a great day everyone.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Howdy!!:wave: I am a native Texan (grew up in Montgomery and lived in Houston - went to school in Austin) and was a Cast Member for a year. September weather there is like September weather in Houston. Get trip insurance.

You can still contact KK - that's what we did. We rebooked and canceled our reservations after confirming everything with Elizabeth (who is fantastic, BTW-she speaks Texan).

jer

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Howdy!!:wave: I am a native Texan (grew up in Montgomery and lived in Houston - went to school in Austin) and was a Cast Member for a year. September weather there is like September weather in Houston. Get trip insurance.

You can still contact KK - that's what we did. We rebooked and canceled our reservations after confirming everything with Elizabeth (who is fantastic, BTW-she speaks Texan).

jer

We are using KK becuase Christine was $500 cheaper than anything I could find online..including booking it myself..which normally I do it because I can get it cheaper..NOPE..she is taking wonderful care of us and I have put her through the wringer with check this, can we do that and such..my inlaws are concerned about cost and have lots of questions so she has been bombarded, but has the patience of a Texan..ha ah ah

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom