WDW Fifth Gate

Figment1986

only to real low flying aircraft.... and only really MK I hear....

If you have a real reason and it was fild out with the FAA... they can fly over....

Lynx04

Figment1986 said:
only to real low flying aircraft.... and only really MK I hear....

If you have a real reason and it was fild out with the FAA... they can fly over....
I never understood why they only restriced MK. When the SSE is the biggest and easiest object to pic out of the whole property. I guess some short sided official only thought terrorist would only be interested in hitting MK cause it is the most visited park. Some people don't think that these terrorist are not idiots (unless you are Richard Reed), although incredibly ignorant, however they think these things out before doing these horrible atrocities.

I just hope Disney makes the strongest effort to prevent any type of terrorist attack, because that could be the one thing that could cripple the parks and the entire orlando tourist industry. Obviously, terrorist know that because the I recall reading articles about are troops finding info about the parks in Afganistan and I am sure the terrorist weren't planning a vacation either.

goofyfan13

hakunamatata said:
I thought the air space over WDW was restricted......

Actually, it is just under a "Permanant" TFR, (or Temporary Flight Restriction) below 3,000 ft above ground level. And to even fly over Disney at that altitude you need to be in contact with an Air Traffic Control Tower, I was told to stay in contact with Orlando International. (Unfortunately due to radio troubles I couldn't make it out there and back in the amount of time that I had the plane rented for) TFR's are put up whenever the President or someone of great importance is in town, or there is a big event with a lot of people involved. But even at 3,000 ft AGL you can still see a pretty good amount. :wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
goofyfan13 said:
Actually, it is just under a "Permanant" TFR, (or Temporary Flight Restriction) below 3,000 ft above ground level. And to even fly over Disney at that altitude you need to be in contact with an Air Traffic Control Tower, I was told to stay in contact with Orlando International. (Unfortunately due to radio troubles I couldn't make it out there and back in the amount of time that I had the plane rented for) TFR's are put up whenever the President or someone of great importance is in town, or there is a big event with a lot of people involved. But even at 3,000 ft AGL you can still see a pretty good amount. :wave:

My question would be what benefite would restricting to 3000 feet or higher. If a terrorist were at 3001 feet, took a nose dive at full throttel, wouldnt they hit their target before anything could be done about it, i.e. air force jets, surface to air missels that are in Cindi's castle ( :lookaroun ), etc....

Legacy

hakunamatata said:
My question would be what benefite would restricting to 3000 feet or higher. If a terrorist were at 3001 feet, took a nose dive at full throttel, wouldnt they hit their target before anything could be done about it, i.e. air force jets, surface to air missels that are in Cindi's castle ( :lookaroun ), etc....
There is nothing that Disney could do about that. There is no base near enough with the firepower nessecary to prevent a disaster like that from happening. If terrorist wanted to use a plane against Disney, there would be VERY little (if anything) that could be done.

TheOneVader

Sure, everyone knows about the silo in the Castle, but what about the SAM site in the Rainforest Cafe? It launches HE hollow charge missiles, similar to those in the Roland. It also... Wait a minute... You heard nothing! :lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Don’t forget about the particle weapons located on Mickey’s arm next to Spaceship Earth. Why else do you think that eyesore has been left up for so long? They can lock onto an object the size of a small bird within 2 seconds and……hey guys how are you…why do you have that tazer gu…..

THERE ARE NO PARTICLE WEAPONS ON MICKEYS ARM. MICKEYS ARM AND THE EPCOT SIGN ARE A VERY TASTEFUL AND CALSSY ADDITION TO SPASESHIP EARTH.

goofyfan13

hakunamatata said:

I too have wondered the same thing, because 3,000 ft in an airplane really isn't that high up. Maybe the FAA feels that their background checks of pilots and whatever they do now will be more than enough. :brick: Then again, they could be banking on Disney being able to launch their SAM missles out of Cindy's Castle before its to late...... :lol: :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Master Yoda said:
Don’t forget about the particle weapons located on Mickey’s arm next to Spaceship Earth. Why else do you think that eyesore has been left up for so long? They can lock onto an object the size of a small bird within 2 seconds and……hey guys how are you…why do you have that tazer gu…..

THERE ARE NO PARTICLE WEAPONS ON MICKEYS ARM. MICKEYS ARM AND THE EPCOT SIGN ARE A VERY TASTEFUL AND CALSSY ADDITION TO SPASESHIP EARTH.

ROFL....I think we all know that Master Yoda is now laid out on the floor motionless, and the DBS ( Disney Bureu of Shekanery) is involved. Run Yoda Run!!!!!!!!!!

PurpleDragon

TAC said:
There was a previous thread on this several months back.

Some thought to the 3000 foot restriction is to keep those small airplanes that have those marqee banners from flying around WDW.
That would make the most sense! Since those aircraft could be potentially taking money out of WDW's pocket, by advertising businesses outside of Disney property.

I agree with everyone else, 3000ft. is not high enough for any type of counter measures to be taken if a terrorist attack were to take place.

Glasgow

If terrorists could just take a couple days off at Disney I think they'd see that people can really live in harmony .. of course, they'd probably be pretty ticked off about the new ticket pricing scheme

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Glasgow said:
If terrorists could just take a couple days off at Disney I think they'd see that people can really live in harmony .. of course, they'd probably be pretty ticked off about the new ticket pricing scheme

Good point, you deserve rep points for that suggestion!!!!!!!!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
hakunamatata said:

Talking Chemical and Bio Terrorisim here... powders… anthrax… etc… (think crop duster scenario). At 3000 ft... most of that stuff would be mostly dissipated... or picked up by the wind and dissipated even more... before it even got a chance to hit 1000 ft. Thats why there is a 3000 ft TFR.

Hate to sound gruesome here... but thats why. :wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
DMC-12 said:
Talking Chemical and Bio Terrorisim here... powders… anthrax… etc… (think crop duster scenario). At 3000 ft... most of that stuff would be mostly dissipated... or picked up by the wind and dissipated even more... before it even got a chance to hit 1000 ft. Thats why there is a 3000 ft TFR.

Hate to sound gruesome here... but thats why. :wave:

Excellent point. I failed to think about the bio angle. Good point...

Testtrack321

Knowing WDI and WDC, I guess they are working on like 10 different park designs and will weed them out over the years. I hope WDW dosn't get another park for atleast 15 years, AK is still undergrown, MGM still needs more, Epcot needs lots of refurbishments, and MK still hasn't gotten a new e-ticket for over 10 years now.

speck76

Testtrack321 said:
Knowing WDI and WDC, I guess they are working on like 10 different park designs and will weed them out over the years. I hope WDW dosn't get another park for atleast 15 years, AK is still undergrown, MGM still needs more, Epcot needs lots of refurbishments, and MK still hasn't gotten a new e-ticket for over 10 years now.

Splash was the first E-ticket at MK for about 14 years, so they are still on schedule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom