WDW Fifth Gate

peter11435

Original Poster
I know this is talked about entirely too much, but oh well. I was recently looking on the Reedy Creek Web site. On the site they have a PDF file listing native flora and fauna in the area. Next to each they have a comment section that is often used to show where the species was spotted. Anyway on one particular species in the comment section it says "fifth gate site." It most likely doesn't mean anything, but I just thought it was interesting. I recommend you give it a look. I had no idea WDW was home to black bears.

Lynx04

Disney probably already has the area marked for where they want to put their 5th gate. Building the 5th gate is a different story. Probably wont happen for another 15 to 20 years

peter11435

Original Poster
Lynx04 said:
Disney probably already has the area marked for where they want to put their 5th gate. Building the 5th gate is a different story. Probably wont happen for another 15 to 20 years
Yeah I agree. I just thought it was interesting. It is also interesting to read the land development stats for the future.

General Grizz

FIFTH GATE ANNOUNCED!

50gate.jpg

PrinceDon

This is going to leave a mark

I know I am going to get slammed for even mentioning this, but...

I was talking with someone 'in the know', and he mentioned that the land for the 5th park had already been partially cleared. I took it with a grain of salt, but on our flight out on 12/10, we happened to go over wdw and I saw it. It looked to be about the size of epcot, and not too far from epcot (I think he said it was on International Drive, but that doesn't look right to me). There is a pretty thick row of trees all around it, with a bunch of brush or grass covered land. It wasn't cleared within the last year or so, but it hasn't been very long either. I didn't have a camera with me and I have no further proof so be kind...

Figment1986

Did he also say he hated stitch??

(however even if they hold it off.. the site would most likely be the next even if it is 20 years from now..... They already earmarked it..)

Lynx04

PrinceDon said:

I was talking with someone 'in the know', and he mentioned that the land for the 5th park had already been partially cleared. I took it with a grain of salt, but on our flight out on 12/10, we happened to go over wdw and I saw it. It looked to be about the size of epcot, and not too far from epcot (I think he said it was on International Drive, but that doesn't look right to me). There is a pretty thick row of trees all around it, with a bunch of brush or grass covered land. It wasn't cleared within the last year or so, but it hasn't been very long either. I didn't have a camera with me and I have no further proof so be kind...
If we are going to play the speculation game, which is fun and some times amusing, then I am have a little pic to share. It might not be anything but it caught my eye when I was looking at some satellite photos of Disney. Check out this pic in my photo album

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=12664&password=d7f13434dbcbec5b09faae4ce3a61873&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

If you look just north of the Wide World of Sports complex and just south of MGM, you will see a large portion of land about half the the size of the MGM park cleared. Does anyone know what this is for?

General Grizz

Figment1986 said:
Did he also say he hated stitch??

(however even if they hold it off.. the site would most likely be the next even if it is 20 years from now..... They already earmarked it..)
Eisner didn't like Stitch at all, from what I hear.

ToTBellHop

Having land cleared for the 5th park doesn't really mean anything at this point...there has been a huge plot of land behind Conservation Station cleared for Animal Kingdom's next land for at least 4 years now (I saw it in 2000 and it was already cleared). It just tells us that something is in the works, but we already knew that...sometime in the future I'm sure another park will be built, but it'll probably be awhile.

Pioneer Hall

PrinceDon said:

That wouldn't surprise me at all. We know the location of the fifth gate is planned out, without a doubt. They know exactly where the park is (somewhere near Wide World of Sports), the size of the park, and probably what the park will be. They are 100 steps ahead of us...unfortunately we won't see any of this for a while. Let us enjoy what we have.

DisneyFratboy

Utilities work

The way I drove on the days I worked at animal kingdom, I drove past the intersection in the picture where wide world of sports is and they spent several months upgrading the utilities, mainly the electrical, I believe they added a substation of some sort near that interesection, having worked in construction, granted I had little in electrical work, but I can tell that it was some heavy, heavy duty stuff....maybe some very early prep work? or just routine upgrades? maybe another hotel? just general planning for the future?

oh the possibilities

Indy95

PrinceDon said:

I'm sure they've had the area for the 5th gate earmarked for awhile now. As I recall, one of the perks that Disney was pitching for Celebration was that the residents would be "right next door" to the unannounced 5th gate. Of course, this was before Animal Kingdom opened, so Disney has to get its current parks up-to-snuff in the eyes of the guests before a 5th gate is mentioned ever again. (By the way, when no 5th gate materialized for the residents of Celebration, they turned around and sued Disney. Don't know where that led to, but anyway...)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The RCID PDF Files are very interesting... shame the maps have been removed!

Interestingly, if you dig deeper into the site there is a file regarding development maximums. From 1998 to 2008, the RCID would have permitted one more major theme park, three more `minor` theme parks, another 18,000 hotel rooms and two more 18 hole golf course. Interesting to know what RCID thinks the property is capable of!

DisneyRoxMySox

Wow, thanks for the information. Sound intresting. But I hope it's nothing, I really hope they fix the current parks a lot, before they start building a new one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom