WDW Dolphin resort

cinderellafan6

So we changed our resort from the ASM to the Dolphin, it was only $45 more a nite so we decided to splurge a little. Has anyone stayed there? We got a Swan & water view with a king... does anyone know if this is a nice view and what its like?

cinderellafan6

Original Poster
Yea I heard the food is expensive so we are bringing a cooler with sandwich stuff, a toaster and bagels for breakfast in the morning, any way to save money. Do they have the refillable mugs there as the other disney resorts?

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

The Dolphin usually gets good reviews.

We have never stayed there though because it's not a Disney resort, with park charging priviledges, and for about the same amount of money we can stay at a Moderate Disney resort.

The location should be handy if EPCOT is your favorite park where you spend a lot of time.

:)

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The food isnt really any more expensive that Disney resorts for comparible food. The food there is a great change of pace. You get REAL silverware, even at the quick serve Pikabu restaurant.

Yes they do have refillable mugs.

Also remember that because of its great location, you are just a really short walk from the Boardwalk. You therefore have all the Disney restaurants theres at your disposal.

You'll love the Dolphon, its a great hotel, one of my favorites at WDW. The pool is one of the best on property.

It's a quantum leap above the ASM.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So we changed our resort from the ASM to the Dolphin, it was only $45 more a nite so we decided to splurge a little. Has anyone stayed there? We got a Swan & water view with a king... does anyone know if this is a nice view and what its like?

PS You will have a wonderful view, looking across at the lake and the Swan.

Have a great time and let us know if you have any questions.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Dolphin usually gets good reviews.

We have never stayed there though because it's not a Disney resort, with park charging priviledges, and for about the same amount of money we can stay at a Moderate Disney resort.

The location should be handy if EPCOT is your favorite park where you spend a lot of time.

:)

You should give it a go sometime, I think you would like it. It's a considerable step up above a moderate, for the same, or sometimes less money.

Upvote 0

StingraySam

As much as I like the Allstar Resorts the Dolphin is a great upgrade it is very nice and the location to EPCOT and DHS is great. At only $45 a night over ASM you did quite well. Usually when I check it's more like $100 a night more. I hope your aware that they do charge (at least they did the last couple of times I was there) between $10-$12 a day for parking. The view you are refering to is not bad, though this is they only view I have ever had there so I do not know what the other views are like and it's better than anything you would have had at ASM (not bashing ASM just my opinion). Depending on what end of the building you are in, if I recall correctly, you may have a partial view of either EPCOT or DHS (the kind of view when you put your head up against the glass and look real hard to the side)

Upvote 0

MichBiv

I have an annual event at the Dolphin so I know it intimately. The view will be great, depending on where you are facing you may be able to view the fireworks from both Epcot and Disney Studios. You can even request a room with a balcony, there are only a few but they usually will give you one if its available at check in.
The location is great, and still has transportation like the Disney resorts. It is just a little less themed than the others. You can also take a boat to Epcot or Disney Studios, and both are walking distance as well.

Upvote 0

cinderellafan6

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for your advice!!! Yes they still do charge $9 a day to park but were only there for three nights so its ok!! Everyone's comment just made me more excited for my trip in 2 weeks..thanks and I cant wait to see the pools!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Also, although the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin are not Disney owned or operated resorts, they do offer the following Disney Guest Benefits:

Complimentary Parking at Walt Disney World Theme Parks is available when visiting by automobile and showing their Key to the World Card or their Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels ID at the Theme Park auto plaza entrance.

For your entire stay, enjoy Disney transportation throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. Disney transportation arrives steps from your door to get you to and from the Disney Theme Parks, Water Parks and a lot more. There is nothing easier.

Extra Magic Hours allowing you to experience the magic of our Disney Parks either one hour prior to the official opening time or up to three hours after the official closing time on select nights.

On-Site Disney Ticket Desks are located in the lobby of each wing. This provides Guests the opportunity to avoid long lines and purchase park tickets before leaving the Resort.

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort Character Dining at Garden Grove located in the Walt Disney World Swan for select meals.

Upvote 0

yankspy

Also, although the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin are not Disney owned or operated resorts, they do offer the following Disney Guest Benefits:

Complimentary Parking at Walt Disney World Theme Parks is available when visiting by automobile and showing their Key to the World Card or their Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels ID at the Theme Park auto plaza entrance.

For your entire stay, enjoy Disney transportation throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. Disney transportation arrives steps from your door to get you to and from the Disney Theme Parks, Water Parks and a lot more. There is nothing easier.

Extra Magic Hours allowing you to experience the magic of our Disney Parks either one hour prior to the official opening time or up to three hours after the official closing time on select nights.

On-Site Disney Ticket Desks are located in the lobby of each wing. This provides Guests the opportunity to avoid long lines and purchase park tickets before leaving the Resort.

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort Character Dining at Garden Grove located in the Walt Disney World Swan for select meals.
I may be beating a dead horse here because I have mentioned it before. This is, in my opinion, is one of the best kept secrets in WDW. It is quiet and it offers a very comparable menu to the other character meals.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

You will love it! We have stayed at the Dolphin once and the Swan twice....

The location is wonderful....so close to Epcot and DHS, Boardwalk, and even Y&BC for meals there. We love the grotto pool.....we were bummed we had so much rain last trip so we didn't get to go too much.

We love walking back from Epcot in the evning and strolling through the Boardwalk.

The beds are the best......you will not want to get up! :snore:

Sounds like you got a fantastic deal....have a great trip!

Upvote 0
We've stayed at the Dolphin several times in the past. We spent our honeymoon there as well. One of our favorite things about it is the location. It's nice to be able to walk to several other resorts, take the boat to DHS and Epcot, etc. We did have housekeeping issues when we were there in September 2007, however that happens anywhere you stay.

Upvote 0

Twain45

Have Fun

We just returned from the Swan last month. (We also stayed there 3 years ago). Can't say enough nice things about it. Rooms were great, and the staff was really on top of things to.

Here are my 5 favorite things about the Swan/Dolphin:

1) Great pools.
2) Great location (boats to Epcot, Boardwalk and Hollywood Park). Short driving distance to MK and AK.
3) Free parking available onsite, but valet is a nice splurge.
4) The Fountain, a great ice-cream/food parlor. Other restaurants are great.
5) Small refrigerators; perfect for some milk, cream cheese, bottled water, etc.

There is also laundry onsite on the Dolphin which is key for a longer visit. Have fun!

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

I've never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin, but I have stayed at the All Star Movies. I can basically promise you that it will be a huge improvement in terms of luxuries. I hear the beds are amazing.

Upvote 0

barrettnichols

Wow!!

Put it this way, Hilton vs. Motel 8. Stayed in them both, will stay in both again, but love the nice places.
congratulations! Imagine, being able to walk over to Germany for a Beer when you want one! Be able to watch Illuminations and then be in your room in 15 minutes.
Check out the security at Storm along Bay, the best motel pool at Disney!

Upvote 0

JEANYLASER

Does the Dolphin has a florida resident for $129.00? I need to know because in September mom,Dad, and I are going to disney and stay in the Dolphin!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom