WDW Awakens ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know this isn't the frozenstrom thread but just had to post this pic from twitter (EPCOT Explorer), for me it is a perfect snapshot of what is wrong at WDW.
Cgaxg2bWsAA1n46.jpg

This is so wrong on so many levels and most small town department stores would make a better effort than what is on display here from supposedly the leader in themed entertainment.

alphac2005

I stopped reading after you said Force Awakens was mediocre. REALLY??!?!?!!

its probably one of the best scripts that has been written in a very long time, the casting is amazing, the acting was amazing, probably one of harrisons best performances as well and totally blew away my expectations after watching Crystal Skull and thinking he'd lost his touch.

all in all though, i've decided to stop visiting these forums, i loved them at first, but then realised that 90% of people here just hate on WDW and i don't want to hear all the little details that i will notice when i go in May.

Chow!

It's all personal taste and opinion. I thought the film looked wonderful, but I would have really enjoyed a more original script rather than a rehash of the past for movie audiences, but to each their own. That shouldn't invalidate the words of @WDW1974. :)

Mike S

Yeah it was temporary for the festivities this morning.
Thank god.
I would assume it's going to be like the Virtual Races my wife and I have been doing through Make Yes Happen. You log your fitness activity from your device (phone, fit bit, etc) at whatever interval the particular event requires (mostly daily results), and as long as you meet the aggregate requirements in the allotted time period, you get the reward (medal or tshirt).

Scoff at the concept and crack all the jokes you want, but this platform is a great way to encourage physical activity and work toward goals in those who might otherwise not be inclined or discouraged, or don't have the time to train extensively and travel to various races. I can be active and participate on my own time, at my own pace, without some smug elitist looking down on me because I can't run a 16 minute mile.

I just participated in my first-ever running event this past weekend with the Dark Side 5k. I would never have done that in the past, but the Virtual Races have gotten my motivation up to the point where I wanted to tackle it. I'm still early on in my weight loss and fitness journey, but now I want to seriously train for next year, maybe even tackle the 10k.

Please tell me how this is worth being mocked?
To be fair what you described is not what came to my mind at all. Thanks for telling me exactly what these things are.

DisneyDebRob

Seriously? Do you get a medal? I know there are virtual races out there but this surprises me.
Its great that people can run long distances, I applaud them. With my knee issues I'm having, if I can sit at home with a cold beer in my pj's and get a medal for this virtual thing, count me in! Maybe I'll break out my onesie for the race.:cool:

HMF

This. I don't post over there a lot, but I do read that forum. I don't know what it is about the Disneyland crowd.
I think it's because things have been going so right at DL for the past decade while WDW has declined. As for Star Wars Land as much as I love Star Wars, Something just feels wrong about chopping up a part of Walt's park and attaching Star Wars to it . Considering the fact that the other lands are all based on Genres, (Fantasy, Adventure etc. having one land dedicated to one property just doesn't feel right to me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom