Waterstar Orlando Project

castlecake2.0

I was shocked when we were driving on US 192 last summer to get something at Target that we could see AKL from the road, which meant anyone staying in those rooms could see us too. Seemed very unDisney like, but I guess it’s just new Disney which doesn’t care about sight lines.
It wasnt as visible until the brush on that lot was bulldozed. A berm can fix this, hopefully it’s in the plans.

peter11435

I was shocked when we were driving on US 192 last summer to get something at Target that we could see AKL from the road, which meant anyone staying in those rooms could see us too. Seemed very unDisney like, but I guess it’s just new Disney which doesn’t care about sight lines.
I mean if you consider a choice made in 97/98 to be “new Disney.”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean if you consider a choice made in 97/98 to be “new Disney.”
That was “old Disney” going into puberty to become “new”

a stressful period from accounts and my own observations immediately thereafter.

it was a tale of two cities…the best and the worst.

the lazy take is pre-1996 was the old…post 2005 is the new

peter11435

That was “old Disney” going into puberty to become “new”

a stressful period from accounts and my own observations immediately thereafter.

it was a tale of two cities…the best and the worst.

the lazy take is pre-1996 was the old…post 2005 is the new
Cant disagree with any of that. But the point is the “new Disney” really has nothing to do with this. Heck the new Disney would never have built the lodge in the first place

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cant disagree with any of that. But the point is the “new Disney” really has nothing to do with this. Heck the new Disney would never have built the lodge in the first place
1000% 👍🏻

they wouldn’t have built DAK either…too high of an overhead for diminishing returns

Iger looks like Willy wonka compared to this substitute teacher they have now

lazyboy97o

They planted a berm along the side of Osceola Parkway to block the views toward the maingate complex a few years ago, also the giant berm they built last year around Star cruiser, new berm going around gotg. It seems likely they’ll add some sort of foliage here.
You’re not talking about a berm at this site but retaining walls and stabilization. Possible road relocation as well.

todd23

To be clear…that’s a theory that had some references by players in the game at that time…it also made it into print in the Orlando, Miami, Tampa papers…back when we had papers 👍🏻

and it is directly in the path of the Osceola parkway…a troubled road that the officials felt Disney strong armed them on
What makes Osceola Parkway a troubled road?

Casper Gutman

What makes this particularly sad is that the AKL was the last great resort WDW built, and seems very unlikely to be matched in the foreseeable future. It’s a shame it has to be the resort marred by outside intrusion. Something like the Riviera wouldn’t be noticeably diminished if it was surrounded on all sides by I-Drive.

Lilofan

What makes Osceola Parkway a troubled road?
Isn't that the road that dead ends to Celebration Blvd where several incidents where late night some don't navigate the road and fly into the lake and lost their lives ? One incident was some guys from MA on vacation that disappear for several months only to find them and their car inside the lake.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

What makes this particularly sad is that the AKL was the last great resort WDW built, and seems very unlikely to be matched in the foreseeable future. It’s a shame it has to be the resort marred by outside intrusion. Something like the Riviera wouldn’t be noticeably diminished if it was surrounded on all sides by I-Drive.
It would fit in better on I-Drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom