Waterstar Orlando Project

cjkeating

Does anyone have an update on this? I came to this thread to try and find out how tall the buildings closest to AKL are going to be?

roj2323

Since no one else did an overlay, I made one.
Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 12.38.07 AM.png

UNCgolf

I’m not 100% certain but I don’t think they ever owned this property. I think Disney’s biggest error here was building so close the property line.

Yeah, I don't think it was that they ever owned the property -- I think it was that the property was up for sale not that long ago and Disney chose not to purchase it. I'm sure they would have had to pay a premium, but if they'd really wanted it money wouldn't be an issue. And they should have to protect their best resort.

UNCgolf

Some bamboo trees 🌳 in the right places should help hide most of it, the more annoying thing is the tacky sling shot ride at margaritaville towering above the tree line.

Also curious if Disney ever had the option to buy the land.

Hard to imagine they didn't, unless it was a private transaction as mentioned above. But there'd be little reason for anyone to do a private transaction and leave potential money on the table unless the previous owners of the land are connected to Waterstar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom