Waterfront District "Hyperion Wharf" Set to be added to Pleasure Island

MAF

Personally, I think he gets defensive when folks on the boards judge and criticize projects that aren't even constructed yet. .

Sure, but how do negative comments affect him anyways? It's not like he is the one coming up with these ideas. Don't take things so personaly. Disney is about making money and frankly they don't give a damn about what a bunch of fans think on a message board. Plus I don't exactly agree with the idea that you can't express a negative opinion until something has been built, that is just asinine IMO.

SeaCastle

Sure, but how do negative comments affect him anyways? It's not like he is the one coming up with these ideas. Don't take things so personaly. Disney is about making money and frankly they don't give a damn about what a bunch of fans think on a message board. Plus I don't exactly agree with the idea that you can't express a negative opinion until something has been built, that is just asinine IMO.

How do you know he's taking the comments personally? All I see is someone defending something they've seen that everyone else is tearing apart before they know anything about it. He obviously has seen the concept art and details of Hyperion Wharf, we haven't. Why is it wrong for him to be defending it?

I didn't mean to imply you can't express a negative opinion about something like that, but from a reader's perspective, it's irritating listening to people beat Hyperion Wharf to death when all they've seen is a press release or some concept art.

Please be aware of the Silent Majority that appreciate your sharing of your information. :wave:

Hear, hear!

GLaDOS

I can't wait to shop at Hyperion Mall.

And here I thought Disney was about providing entertainment you can't see anywhere else. And yes, I know there are going to be pretty lights. But as the saying goes, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

trr1

And here I thought Disney was about providing entertainment you can't see anywhere else. And yes, I know there are going to be pretty lights. But as the saying goes, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."
please be happy that they are finally doing something with PI and not leaving it as Gilligans Island

FLGal

There are plus sides, even from what little we know -- such as increased jobs and a boast to the local economy overall. Not to mention at least SOMETHING is being done.
We all know the PI we remember is dead and gone. :cry: This announcement just rubbed salt into those not quite healed wounds.
However not being a shopper, I doubt I will return anymore than I absolutely have to. Just as now, there is no reason to go there. But I avoid malls too. :ROFLOL:
They can add parking garages, stores, lights and restaurants. It will basically just be an outdoor mall.
That seems to be the current focus, and that is the way it is.

GLaDOS

please be happy that they are finally doing something with PI and not leaving it as Gilligans Island

I think it's funny that we should all be happy that "something is being done with PI". Sometimes I feel people forget the island was a nighttime entertainment district that was fine until Disney decided they wanted a rent check instead of the hassle of offering their guests interesting entertainment venues.:lol:

Just like in 5 years when the yeti gets fixed, people will be praising the Mouse for fixing something that should have been fixed as soon as it was broken.:lol:

lazyboy97o

People are just judging something that they don't have all the information on yet.
I have said it a few times now, but nobody is getting on the case of people who are excited and yet still know absolutely nothing more than hints at some sort of lighting effects. This announcement is not much more than what has been said since the clubs were closed.

trr1

Well, at least it'll look nice.

Other than that, well my mamma told me to not say anything if I don't have anything nice to say.

I guess you dont listen to your mamma

FLGal

I think they made the announcement just because they are getting ready for a major overhaul.
No sense in denying, even as it is razed and built in front of everyone's eyes (like BLT :lookaroun ).

JustInTime

If you use a quote Sarah Plain has EVER used in her life, you creditability is out the window. Sorry. :wave:

GLaDOS

If you use a quote Sarah Plain has EVER used in her life, you creditability is out the window. Sorry. :wave:

Right, credibility lost for a saying that's been around for a long, long time because one person you don't like said it. Makes sense.:p

And I could have sworn there's a no politics rule here somewhere...:lookaroun

imagineer boy

But Sarah Palin didn't say that. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Mammymouse

It was Candidate for President Obama that said that quote about the pig. Sarah Palin's quote was "What's the difference between a Hockey Mom and a grizzly bear? Lipstick"

Just saying..........:D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Sorry...you lose points on that one. Your credibility goes out he window by judging anyone based upon their use of a saying that another person may or may not have ever said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom