Waterfront District "Hyperion Wharf" Set to be added to Pleasure Island

jt04

Thrill Seeker

I do admit I like the little details they are putting into this. I still don't like the name or the fact that it's nothing new, but I'm sure it will be a pleasant change from the empty buildings that currently reside at Pleasure Island.

I'm guessing that AMC is going to change it's name. AMC Downtown Disney 24 is a good guess. I'm also hoping there is some homage to PI within Hyperion Wharf.

djkidkaz

I agree. Its going to depend on what type of shops are there. I know most of you want these exclusive shops, but I actually prefer plain ol' Disney shops. I don't want to see Harley Davidson and Curl while on a Disney vacation, I want to see Disney while on a Disney vacation. The funny thing is, its all the same merchandise, so I dont know why I like strolling through Once Upon a Toy and then going to World of Disney to look at the same stuff, but I just do. As of now, I either skip DTD all together or I just go and visit the Marketplace and be done with it.

lazyboy97o

All of this talk of making Mannequins looks like a factory has me a bit confused. Was not the original Pleasure Island story that old factories were made into clubs? So is not Mannequins already supposed to look like a factory?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The "search" lights you are referring to are the smoke stacks for the factory facade that Mannequins will be turned into. As of now, they won't search.
Hyperion-Wharf_Thumb_12407.jpg

Looks like they are "searching" to me. :shrug:

raven

All of this talk of making Mannequins looks like a factory has me a bit confused. Was not the original Pleasure Island story that old factories were made into clubs? So is not Mannequins already supposed to look like a factory?

Anchored by Raglan Road, the center of the island is fashioned after a dockside wharf with canals, boardwalks and heavily industrialized-looking buildings. The former Mannequins Dance Palace is being repurposed and will be presented as an industrial factory reminiscent of Thomas Edison's workshop, while Paradiso 37 reflects the look of a port authority building or a waterfront receiving warehouse. The third area nearest the West Side has the feel of an amusement pier from the heydays of Coney Island and Luna Park.

Lee

Adventurer
raven said:
The former Mannequins Dance Palace is being repurposed and will be presented as an industrial factory reminiscent of Thomas Edison's workshop
Ok. Fine.
That's all well and good, but the question is what is going in there?
Yet another themed restaurant?:snore:

Mouse Detective

Ok. Fine.
That's all well and good, but the question is what is going in there?
Yet another themed restaurant?:snore:

Well the concept art shows Silk Road going in there. That's an expensive restaurant at CityCenter, Las Vegas. They use the exact logo of that restaurant so have to assume that the artist isn't just making up a nonsense name just to put on there. But Silk Road's "grand-slam" breakfast for $22 is a tiny bit more than Denny's up the road on SR 535 charges.

Krack

Well the concept art shows Silk Road going in there. That's an expensive restaurant at CityCenter, Las Vegas. They use the exact logo of that restaurant so have to assume that the artist isn't just making up a nonsense name just to put on there. But Silk Road's "grand-slam" breakfast for $22 is a tiny bit more than Denny's up the road on SR 535 charges.

Sounds pretty likely. The only other thing I could think of is that this particular piece of concept art was the piece they used to pitch the project to Silk Road (but that seems less likely to me).

FLGal

Oh, haven't eaten in OSF or SW in ages. (The three sauces choice was always my favorite.)
But I do not see that, or anything like that, happening to this new concept.
I think it will be high scale food. Esp with the new high end property not that far away. (Golden Oak/Four Seasons)

lazyboy97o

Anchored by Raglan Road, the center of the island is fashioned after a dockside wharf with canals, boardwalks and heavily industrialized-looking buildings. The former Mannequins Dance Palace is being repurposed and will be presented as an industrial factory reminiscent of Thomas Edison's workshop, while Paradiso 37 reflects the look of a port authority building or a waterfront receiving warehouse. The third area nearest the West Side has the feel of an amusement pier from the heydays of Coney Island and Luna Park.
That really does not answer the question. The existing buildings are already supposed to look like factories, how is it a big deal that they will still look like factories?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Perhaps the factories will actually go back to producing goods.

Wouldn't that be a strange twist of fate. Life imitating art.

MAF

I've noticed that Raven gets extremely defensive and upset whenever someone questions something Disney does. Isn't he just an hourly worker at the parks?

SeaCastle

I've noticed that Raven gets extremely defensive and upset whenever someone questions something Disney does. Isn't he just an hourly worker at the parks?

Personally, I think he gets defensive when folks on the boards judge and criticize projects that aren't even constructed yet. Posters on here seem to immediately degenerate to criticizing and trashing a project that is anything short of the Adventurer's Club, the original Imagination, or an E-ticket. It gets annoying after a while reading people mitching and boaning about something they haven't seen for themselves yet. If I was raven, I probably would have stopped providing all of the interesting tidbits he's sharing due to the constantly negative attitude.

Hyperion Wharf isn't perfect. But everything we've heard so far places it lightyears ahead of the shell of the Pleasure Island we have now.

raven

Just an hourly? Yes. Does that mean I don't care about the company? No.

Not really being defensive. People are just judging something that they don't have all the information on yet. I'm just trying to get a little more info to them...but some people will never be happy and move on to something else to gripe about. Those members will always be a Debbie Downer for everyone here on the boards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom