Waterfalls now working!

Ignohippo

I'm pretty sure that's not a damn. It appears to be for the construction of the track.

Damn, sure looks like a dam to me!

Seriously though, I'll bet there's a drain to recirculate the water under the bridge and the "dam" is there just to stop whatever water makes it through (and also stop any debris from construction making it into the creek). It doesn't look like it would stop much though. Just next to it, you can also see a wooden makeshift bridge for the construction workers as well.

Rose&Crowner

I'm pretty sure that's not a damn. It appears to be for the construction of the track.
I'm pretty sure it's a temporary dam to keep the water out of the construction area. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the concrete track supports located in the waterway. This could go on all day....

MKCP 1985

That was before the new TDO or Team Disney Obliterators as I call them came on board.
Don't let the voices of a few naysayers make you jaded. You can see for yourself the expansion looks great despite some people throwing out the phrase "TDO" to suggest it would be cheap.

Mike730

I'm pretty sure it's a temporary dam to keep the water out of the construction area. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the concrete track supports located in the waterway. This could go on all day....
OH I see what you're talking about now. I couldn't even see that wood until I zoomed in on a different program.

It does look like a dam. The "river" ends a short distance away though. I see no reason why they couldn't just put a temporary railing around it during construction.

Seriously though, I'll bet there's a drain to recirculate the water under the bridge and the "dam" is there just to stop whatever water makes it through (and also stop any debris from construction making it into the creek). It doesn't look like it would stop much though.
I agree. There's gotta be a drain somewhere.

razza1987

See from 2:08 and you'll see the waterfalls working! :)

That rockwork from LM looks even more amazing from a distance.

This video really gives you a feel for where everything is in FLE. Though I still can't help wishing that 7DMT was opening with the rest of FLE :(

And WOAH those waterfalls are actually going THROUGH and down the rock face. Impressive.

I love the whole forced perspective thing of Beast's castle too.

I love the theming of Storybook Circus and the Dumbos fit in nicely. I love Dumbo so much with the water :) The believe and soar sign is a nice touch.

Casey Jr looks great in the park though I'd like to be able to take my picture with the train without getting wet lmao.

It is looking better and better each time we are shown more of it. Those are all of my thoughts from that video lol. Thank you so much for posting it :)

Patricia Melton

It's sad that these waterfalls are probably going to stop working by the middle of next year.

I'd hate to get a birthday card from you with an attitude like this. I can just picture it:
"Happy Birthday. Getting older is just a little closer to death. Hope you liked the card. I have terminal cancer and this is the last you will ever hear from me ever. Enjoy the gift card enclosed. Sorry it is for Borders and they went out of business last year".

Seriously. Life is short. Don't always walk on the dark and gloomy side of the street.

ExtinctJenn

Saw some additional pictures today (that I can't link to because the site doesn't play nicely with this one) showing both waterfalls on. I know I said it before but, as was obvious in the pictures, this stuff is still so far behind walls so I can only assume it's technically being tested because you really have to look to notice. :D

jjharvpro

Cannot wait to see the waterfalls and all the kinetic elements of FLE. Chris Beatty said last year at the Expo that they're really shooting for that in New Fantasyland, how all the water elements will go together (Beast Castle to Seven Dwarves Mine Train, and Mermaid has its own).

Castle Cake Apologist

It's sad that these waterfalls are probably going to stop working by the middle of next year.

Why even bother posting?

These water features are a huge part of the expansion. It's safe to assume that they will remain operational, much like countless other water features which have somehow managed to continue functioning for 40+ years despite ridiculous people on internet message boards who believe that Disney's main interest is in destroying one of their largest revenue sources.

bubbles1812

Why even bother posting?

These water features are a huge part of the expansion. It's safe to assume that they will remain operational, much like countless other water features which have somehow managed to continue functioning for 40+ years despite ridiculous people on internet message boards who believe that Disney's main interest is in destroying one of their largest revenue sources.

No one ever said they were trying to destroy their largest revenue source. All their doing is trying to cut things down to *just* above the point where the majority of guests would notice. There are many water features that are still functioning, yes, but there are also many that have not. Take a look at Splash Mountain for starters. But also even say Big Thunder...they only just got the gysers back working after how long a time period? And the list goes on. It's not unreasonable to think that due to falling maintenance standards at Disney that the water falls could stop working in less time than it should...maybe the middle of next year is too soon and I hope they do stay on a long long time but to say it's "safe to assume" they'll remain operational is folly. It was also say "safe to assume" that WDI would build a ride properly and yet hey there...look at the yeti...broken for how many years now?

IWant2GoNow

After seeing both areas with the waterfalls running... Is it just me or does the falling of the water look a little unnatural? It's really noticeable to me with BatB's rockwork. Almost like they are forcing too much water at a faster pace than they should? Maybe it looks better in person. Still excited for these water features, just something I noticed.

Kamikaze

Sorry, twitpic app doesn't work with iPhone 5 and I'm staying at a resort this week with no access to my computer. If I head to MK in the next couple days I'll take some pics and try to upload them using the Flickr app or something.

You know you can attach directly to a twitter post now (using the Twitter app) without a secondary app.

Rob562

After seeing both areas with the waterfalls running... Is it just me or does the falling of the water look a little unnatural? It's really noticeable to me with BatB's rockwork. Almost like they are forcing too much water at a faster pace than they should? Maybe it looks better in person. Still excited for these water features, just something I noticed.

That's one problem with water. It really doesn't scale well when it's flowing.

-Rob

Mawg

That's one problem with water. It really doesn't scale well when it's flowing.

-Rob

To keep the perspective they would need to add more water to the water fall in intervals, Does anyone know if they did this? Otherwise it would either look too big at the top or too small at the bottom.

Mawg

To keep the perspective they would need to add more water to the water fall in intervals, Does anyone know if they did this? Otherwise it would either look too big at the top or too small at the bottom.

I guess they could also keep the water very narrow at the top and spread it out at the bottom to look smaller at the top.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why even bother posting?

Ehh.. the removal of water features throughout the park in the last 10+ years is well covered. That's what they are referring to. Heck, even MAJOR fountains (like EPCOT's) were dysfunctional for extended periods of time. The concern is legit. Disney has been systematically removing smaller fountains (converting them to planters typically) and have shown poor performance maintaining other fountains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom