Water Mice Accident on Seven Seas Lagoon

ZHoyt

water sprites are one of my favorite things on property. I don't think you have to be a resort guest. I highly recommend getting them from a MK resort, the epcot resort area has much slower boats and less water to explore.

the morning of my wedding i went cruising with my groomsmen around the seven seas lagoon and checked out the wedding pavilion from the water, it was an unforgettable experience for me.

if the new boats really are faster, i could see definate trouble. when the water is busy, it's very easy to get into accidents. i almost had a head on once when the sun was starting to set, blinding lots of people who didn't slow down regardless.

funny story, one time when docking my sprite at the yacht/beach marina the cm wasnt paying attention and didnt secure my boat right. hence, i fell into crescent lake after comically balancing with one foot on the dock, one on the boat, just like a cartoon. to add to the situation, when my pants where drying on our balcony, they fell off from the wind to the next balcony and i had to call houeskeeping to bring my wet pants.

The_CEO

Originally posted by paulcmartens
that sounds like fun.

ever try to sneak in back stage by the GF? I totally want to do that next time.

You know, I did notice that after renting them :lol:

ZHoyt

Originally posted by paulcmartens
you mean like balancing in pirates of the carribean!

wow...that's awkward...but sounded like fun.

EXACTLY like the scene with the balancing pirate, just played out to its conclusion, and without the hats.

johnvree

Anyone know whether the oringial story was confirmed and if so what the detail are. It has always amazed me that there are not more accident involving the water sprites.

Does anyone realise how often this happens? As a castmember that has to deal with these nuscances first hand, I see a collision at least 2 to 3 times a week, usually not as serious...but still. They have also been known to hit Disney watercraft. The gold route is notorious for watermice hitting the launches. You just have to be extra careful there.

JackSkellington

I have noticed each of the water racers has a different name. Does this indicate a area or location of the racer? (ie.. GF has the Water Mice, Poly has the Water Sprites....) Or are they just different names for the theme of the racer?

M. Racer

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Does anyone realise how often this happens? As a castmember that has to deal with these nuscances first hand, I see a collision at least 2 to 3 times a week, usually not as serious...but still. They have also been known to hit Disney watercraft. The gold route is notorious for watermice hitting the launches. You just have to be extra careful there.

Sounds like bumper boats out there!:fork:

tigsmom

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney

I would have to agree here. I find it unbelievable how many people on these will actually ride right up to the boats. They must know they will come out on the losing side. One afternoon last summer (ArchiDanDisney was piloting our boat) there were about six of these that kept buzzing the boat. I give all of you credit, it must be very hard to manuever through the waterways.
While most people are responsible there will always be those few who leave their intelligence behind when they go on vacation.

Any word on the accident from the original post?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by MKBurn15
Oh thank god! I thought they were carrying alcohol, which can affect your brain!

Yes and it was the use of alcohol that loosened the lips of someone who should have known better, that has necessitated the use of subs in the first place. If only they had kept silent about the castle.:hammer:

MKBurn15

Pumbas I have no idea what you are talking about anymore! :lol: Is the castle really storing alcohol too? Or are they storing the alcohol carrying submarines?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I suppose its ok to say now that the cat is out of the bag, the castle used to house several missiles in the turrets as part of a missile defence system. These were upgraded at the time of the great cake scandal. However owing to loose talk on this site their whereabouts was leaked and they have had to be removed. A subject that was covered in some depth in a few threads a couple of months ago. There was some dispute if these missiles were for air defence as their removal has coincided with the no fly zone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom