Water cup change??

lazyboy97o

Agreed, and it's Florida! Disney would rather people stay hydrated then pass out or get heat stroke.
The issue here is not even the water. By law (even if it is prescribed in one Disney controls) Disney must offer water fountains in the parks. The issue is the fractional difference in cost for the cups. I doubt two small cups costs less than one larger cup, so Disney loses money on people walking up for more cups. That is also more waste which fills up trash cans ever so slightly faster. So while the immediate 1:1 cost of the cups may be in Disney's advantage, a mandate to only offer smaller cups is both a financial negative as well as a customer service negative.

Last edited:

UncleFastpass

Ok because this thread hasn't gotten way out of control yet.......nobody has mentioned that bigger cups of water mean more bathroom breaks which cost money!

Goofyernmost

This whole idea of selling is just you picking and choosing. There is no line item charge for air conditioning or electric lighting but would you be saying people should just shut up if Disney turned those off? They are part of what is sold and in no way similar to a separate merchandise item.

And yes, the water is supposed to be the daily source of hydration. Disney advertises its availability as such because it is an amenity widely available and expected at lesser venues.
So if you were to take up snow skiing, does that mean that the ski resorts should be supplying winter clothing to protect you from frostbite? Is the consumption of water a function that ones body requires, just like keeping warm in sub freezing temperatures? If so then it is up to you to make sure that your body is either sufficiently covered to prevent you from hypothermia or getting yourself enough water to prevent dehydration. If not please explain the difference. Oh, and by the way ski resorts do indeed sell clothing even after costing you an arm and a leg for ski passes. It's a high end entertainment venue as well, but, they don't give out parka's, ski goggles and thermal mittens to people that forget to bring their own. I believe that Disney doesn't require that you buy water either. You are welcome to bring it in with you, It is, after all, your responsibility to take care of yourself. And were does it stop. Hey, I'm hungry, Disney should be supplying free food to everyone. I mean it requires a lot of energy to traverse the parks all day long, these people may drop from malnutrition a high quality place like a Disney park, should automatically just give us food when we ask. There is no way to justify this stand. You take your own medicine when you need it, Disney doesn't buy your drugs, you buy your own food, it's not provided. (other then with a special plan which one way or the other you have paid for) You bring your own clothes or buy some when you are there, they don't give it to you. If you need to stay hydrated to prevent yourself from getting ill, that, my friend is on you. I think you would know that Florida is hot, it is up to you, just like sunscreen, to protect yourself. Take the smaller cup, drink it and if it isn't enough then buy some more... it isn't owed to you.

I also do not remember Disney advertising free water in any amount at anytime ever. In fact, I know that you know that when Disneyland opened they didn't even have fountains working. The sold Pepsi!

lazyboy97o

So if you were to take up snow skiing, does that mean that the ski resorts should be supplying winter clothing to protect you from frostbite? Is the consumption of water a function that ones body requires, just like keeping warm in sub freezing temperatures? If so then it is up to you to make sure that your body is either sufficiently covered to prevent you from hypothermia or getting yourself enough water to prevent dehydration. If not please explain the difference. Oh, and by the way ski resorts do indeed sell clothing even after costing you an arm and a leg for ski passes. It's a high end entertainment venue as well, but, they don't give out parka's, ski goggles and thermal mittens to people that forget to bring their own. I believe that Disney doesn't require that you buy water either. You are welcome to bring it in with you, It is, after all, your responsibility to take care of yourself. And were does it stop. Hey, I'm hungry, Disney should be supplying free food to everyone. I mean it requires a lot of energy to traverse the parks all day long, these people may drop from malnutrition a high quality place like a Disney park, should automatically just give us food when we ask. There is no way to justify this stand. You take your own medicine when you need it, Disney doesn't buy your drugs, you buy your own food, it's not provided. (other then with a special plan which one way or the other you have paid for) You bring your own clothes or buy some when you are there, they don't give it to you. If you need to stay hydrated to prevent yourself from getting ill, that, my friend is on you. I think you would know that Florida is hot, it is up to you, just like sunscreen, to protect yourself. Take the smaller cup, drink it and if it isn't enough then buy some more... it isn't owed to you.

I also do not remember Disney advertising free water in any amount at anytime ever. In fact, I know that you know that when Disneyland opened they didn't even have fountains working. The sold Pepsi!
None of this is in any way analogous.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I can't wait for the pixie dusters to argue next week that those expecting toilet paper (free too!) in a WDW bathroom have entitlement issues.
Disney could just install bidets all around the parks and that then eliminates the need for toilet paper drinking cups and water fountains in one go

lazyboy97o

Yes it is. You just don't like that you were shown the holes in your argument. Disney already provides free water via fountains. They are in no way shape or form obligated to also hand out free giant cups of ice water.
All of it is, you just don't want to see it that way, but, thanks for playing.
No, they are not because cups of water are a widely available amenity at even cheap fast food restaurants. It is not something that was unique to Disney. Nor does this change actually save Disney any money.

daisyduckie

I can't wait for the pixie dusters to argue next week that those expecting toilet paper (free too!) in a WDW bathroom have entitlement issues.

Do they toilet paper dispensers all over the park that I have missed? You know, where I can walk up and grab what I need? Your comparison is a bad one.

I think people are forgetting how spoiled we are by Disney parks. Not only do they give out free glasses of water in addition to having fountains, but they let you bring in all that you want. Many theme parks don't! But nooo, we whine and sob because the free glasses just aren't large enough!!!! Wow.

Heck, near my home we have a festival in the middle of the summer that doesn't allow you to bring in water, you have to buy it or you don't get it.

daisyduckie

No, they are not because cups of water are a widely available amenity at even cheap fast food restaurants. It is not something that was unique to Disney. Nor does this change actually save Disney any money.

I think any Disney restaurant gives you water. That is where your next try at a comparison begins and ends.

21stamps

Do they toilet paper dispensers all over the park that I have missed? You know, where I can walk up and grab what I need? Your comparison is a bad one.

I think people are forgetting how spoiled we are by Disney parks. Not only do they give out free glasses of water in addition to having fountains, but they let you bring in all that you want. Many theme parks don't! But nooo, we whine and sob because the free glasses just aren't large enough!!!! Wow.

Heck, near my home we have a festival in the middle of the summer that doesn't allow you to bring in water, you have to buy it or you don't get it.

That's what amazes me. I think it's awesome that we can bring our own water and snacks into WDW parks! I don't think they should get rid of providing a cup of water if someone asks. What I don't think is people should complain about the size...and what I really don't understand is why it seems like people do not bring their own and rely on Disney to provide all of their drinks for them.. To me that seems more of a hassle just to save a few $.
I'm not the one making ridiculous comparisons.

The ski comparison that was made was very accurate. I don't understand how that could be confusing.

There are a million comparisons that could be made of places charging an admission price, but you are responsible for yourself beyond that. If you can't handle your own responsibility to stay hydrated, and cry because your FREE drink is now too small.. That's a problem where you should need to look in the mirror and figure out what's wrong.

lazyboy97o

The ski comparison that was made was very accurate. I don't understand how that could be confusing.

There are a million comparisons that could be made of places charging an admission price, but you are responsible for yourself beyond that. If you can't handle your own responsibility to stay hydrated, and cry because your FREE drink is now too small.. That's a problem where you should need to look in the mirror and figure out what's wrong.
The ski comparison is bunk because attire is not an included amenity at any level of service nor is it required by law.

This has nothing to do with personal responsibility. The water is available and that is not the issue. There is no positive for anyone involved in limiting water to a small size except that you seem to get some smug self satisfaction over being too good for a cup of water.

JAG107

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but I'm fairly certain that there is a law requiring restaurants to provide water free of charge to whomever asks for it. All this whining about entitled Americans is ridiculous, do you people really think Disney is losing their shirts over some cups and water? Are you aware they get their fountain soda syrup either free or ridiculously cheap in exchange for Coke being the exclusive supplier of soft drinks? At $2.99 a pop, that makes plenty of room in the budget for some cups of water.

21stamps

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but I'm fairly certain that there is a law requiring restaurants to provide water free of charge to whomever asks for it. All this whining about entitled Americans is ridiculous, do you people really think Disney is losing their shirts over some cups and water? Are you aware they get their fountain soda syrup either free or ridiculously cheap in exchange for Coke being the exclusive supplier of soft drinks? At $2.99 a pop, that makes plenty of room in the budget for some cups of water.

No one is saying for Disney to stop providing a cup of water if someone asks..or to take away the water fountains. I think we are all saying- Stop crying About something that is free.

What you pay for item A doesn't have any relation to item B.

21stamps

Problem solved for those who are worried about a small cup. You can refill at a water fountain :)
image.png

I'm not being sarcastic. I love mine and bring it as many places as possible. Greatest invention since the Pumpkin Latte. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom