Want to own the original EPCOT prism sculpture?

Montu

DreamerCM said:
I realize that everyone is a fan of Mousesurplus, and I agree that he/she/they offer great items...

That being said...the shipping it OUTRAGEOUS! I bought two Land trays and it was $12.00 for shipping.

It all has to do with the size / shape / how fragile the item is - just like any shipping. My friend in California both three Alien Encounter seats - shipping was $15. EXTREMELY reasonable for how heavy the seats are.

I ship a lot at work, and even if they used a FREE Priority mail box, which the trays would fit into, it would not cost more than about $4.95 to ship. They are pocketing a ton of money in overcharging on shipping costs.

I find it very interesting that you're complaining about this *now* after you'd paid him. If you had such a problem with the shipping costs - why did you not talk to him about it before the final purchase?

I paid almost as much for shipping as I paid for the trays. I wanted to dispute it, but I don't need negative eBay feedback because mine is currently perfect.

What on earth is there to dispute? I bought two Alien Encouter pin/button's the other day. Ending cost was $0.99 for them both. After shipping and insurance, it cost almost $4.50. So I paid almost four times their cost in shipping. That's the seller's fault?

If you notice, his descriptions do *not* mention how much it costs to ship, so you don't find out until after you have purchased the item(s). At that point you either refuse to pay (and get negative feedback) or just suck it up.

So why wouldn't you email him if this obviously bothered you so much? If you had that much concern on shipping cost- you should email the seller and inquire BEFORE YOU BID how much shipping will cost, what methods of payment they accept and where they ship to. It's just common sense. You don't have a leg to stand on in your arguement here, buddy.

I'd request exact shipping costs before bidding on any of their items. Here is the link to The Land trays that I bought--if you look at this page (and also the prism page) you will see that he says shipping costs will be added later, and you can be sure they will be outrageous.

So why didn't you do just that? I hardly find the shipping costs to be outrageous - not that I've had anything mailed to me - I've picked them up myself in person - but $12 is NOT the end of the world. Especially not for large - fairly odd-shaped and easily cracked items. I think you're trying to make an issue out of nothing here - probably because after receiving them, you THEN tried to figure out exactly what you could do with two land trays once you owned them. Just look at how much Disney themself charges to ship things - even pins! You can be well prepared for double the cost if you order anything like that online.

Not only that--but I don't have a lot of faith in someone who lists items using such poor spelling and grammar-- "WE EXCEPT ALL FORMS OF CREDIT EXCEPT DISCOVER OR PAYPAL" I mean, someone who is running this business should know how to spell "accept".

Guess we should all start reading and re-reading every one of your posts to point out every last spelling error as well?

Just my two cents...but I won't be cheated by them again...

I completely agree! Oh - no I'm not agreeing *with you* as you're just trying to cause trouble that does not exsist- though I am agreeing with the fact that you will not be cheated by them again - based on the sole fact that you were never cheated by them in the first place. You bid on an item - won the item - received the item. You choose to have it mailed to you - if you had a problem, you should have contacted Brian and discussed it with him prior to payment - plain and simple.

I've purchased several things from Mousesurplus.com and every single experience I've had with them has been absolutely wonderful. Brian and his entire staff are some of the friendliest and most helpful people you'll ever do business with. It's honestly offending that you'd lable him a "cheat" because *you* are too cheap to spend a measely $12.00!

For everyone else- if there is something Disney you've been looking for to add to your collection - don't let this one bitter person rule out doing business with them. I've already brought several other friends over there to check things out and will continue to recommend others who share the interest.

Montu

Kwit35 said:
I emailed him to ask about the castle prop he is selling right now. He want's $500 to ship it! It is styrofoam! How much could it possibly weigh? If I were to win it, it would be cheeper for me to fly down, rent a truck, and drive it back!

Uhhh - did you look at the size stats on the castle prop?

The thing is MASSIVE. That's why it would cost so much to ship.

Disney themselves asks for $900.00 to ship a Space Mountain ride car. While the cars are large, very heavy and definately an odd shape to be packed, the problem I have with that is that they calculate it would cost me $900.00 to have it shipped from CA to Orlando - and then proceeded to calculate it would cost $900.00 to have it shipped from ther site in CA to Irvine - where my friend lives, less than 20 minutes south of Disneyland. How could that possibly be the same number? Most of that cost is likely to packaging, but there STILL has to be some difference in cost of local versus cross country shipping.

DonickCo

its mine...
i bid... i will find the money

- i must have that...
i will bring it back into the fron gates and put it back where it belongs..

im at my max bid.... i hope i win... im not getting my hopes up

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 207

Irrawaddy Erik

DonickCo said:
its mine...
i bid... i will find the money

- i must have that...
i will bring it back into the fron gates and put it back where it belongs..

im at my max bid.... i hope i win... im not getting my hopes up
NICK!!!!! If you get it I want a picture with it.... :lookaroun

diz420

Good Luck DonicKCo I will keep my fingers crossed for you. And just in case you max out I am more than happy to make a donation to help save this history.

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
Why would you guys want this thing back at epcot? Its ugly and outdated. It used to look cool, but change is good, why do people on these boards resist change so much??? please explain

Bri@n

MOUSESURPLUS

shipping

hi every one it is i mouse surplus im sorry about the shipping problems, we dont make onything off shipping any one is welcome to come to our warehouse and see our shipping bills. we use fed ex it goes by weight and zones, i emailed dream about trays if you would just emailed us we will do anything we can to make each transaction a happy one, i even offered to refund all shipping. now about castle, please relize yes its styrofaom but it takes 6 4 foot by 4 foot palletes to ship this safely, thats half a semi, we also get a 63%discount to to amount we ship by truck so normally it would cost 2000,00 to ship this. as for spelling its sort of our trademark,thanks mousesurplus

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
DreamerCM said:
I realize that everyone is a fan of Mousesurplus, and I agree that he/she/they offer great items...

That being said...the shipping it OUTRAGEOUS! I bought two Land trays and it was $12.00 for shipping. I ship a lot at work, and even if they used a FREE Priority mail box, which the trays would fit into, it would not cost more than about $4.95 to ship. They are pocketing a ton of money in overcharging on shipping costs. I paid almost as much for shipping as I paid for the trays. I wanted to dispute it, but I don't need negative eBay feedback because mine is currently perfect.

If you notice, his descriptions do *not* mention how much it costs to ship, so you don't find out until after you have purchased the item(s). At that point you either refuse to pay (and get negative feedback) or just suck it up.

I'd request exact shipping costs before bidding on any of their items. Here is the link to The Land trays that I bought--if you look at this page (and also the prism page) you will see that he says shipping costs will be added later, and you can be sure they will be outrageous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6509151224&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6#ShippingPayment

Not only that--but I don't have a lot of faith in someone who lists items using such poor spelling and grammar-- "WE EXCEPT ALL FORMS OF CREDIT EXCEPT DISCOVER OR PAYPAL" I mean, someone who is running this business should know how to spell "accept".

Just my two cents...but I won't be cheated by them again...

Cheated????

WHY DONT YOU TRY SELLING STUFF ON EBAY!!!! ITS EXPENSIVE. Shipping and handling costs just as mush through a catalog order or something. If you dont like the shipping costs then get off osf ebay.

I used to sell stuff on ebay and people would always complain about shipping costs!!! TELL THE USPS!!!! Not my fault!!!

Hats off to Montu for a great post!

Jekyll Baker

Way to go Donickco - hope you get it. I could put it on one of my cards, but I might have to put off going back to WDW for a year or so (just got to weigh my priorities :animwink:)

sdguy - it's not that anyone here resists change, but for a lot of us, it's simply nostalgia. We want to remember the good things from when we were younger. I'm sorry you think the original fountain was ugly, we all have our personal tastes. When I first saw it nearly 22 years ago, I thought it was quite beautiful - I even remember watching it for 10-15 minutes straight. The lucite sculpture just seemed to match SSE much better than the Leave a Legacy pillars (I'm not knocking them 'cause I've gotten my little face on there recently too) and I was sad to see that it had gone away. And as far as it being outdated, maybe some of us here are a little outdated too, like it that way, and like the way things were way back when :)

WaltMickey

Please tell us how you get this stuff to sell. I'm sure everyone on here is dieing to know. You don't have to give names, just something on how, who or what you know that allows you to sell these rare items.

MOUSESURPLUS said:
hi every one it is i mouse surplus im sorry about the shipping problems, we dont make onything off shipping any one is welcome to come to our warehouse and see our shipping bills. we use fed ex it goes by weight and zones, i emailed dream about trays if you would just emailed us we will do anything we can to make each transaction a happy one, i even offered to refund all shipping. now about castle, please relize yes its styrofaom but it takes 6 4 foot by 4 foot palletes to ship this safely, thats half a semi, we also get a 63%discount to to amount we ship by truck so normally it would cost 2000,00 to ship this. as for spelling its sort of our trademark,thanks mousesurplus

MOUSESURPLUS

rights to sell

we are a direct surplus vendor, with disney, we are bonded insured, and thru many years we have proven to them our reliabilty, to find a market for things that cost them to store, almost everything we get has some thing slightly wrong or a defect that makes it less them perfect, so it no longer fits disney image, also it takes very very deep pockets this much stuff doesnt come cheap.

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
Typical, typical of you people to jump all over someone. It was stupid for me even to apply for a screen name here. Rudeness is the trademark here. I'm not talking about someone who disagrees in a constructive way--we are talking about name calling here and just general rudeness.

By the way, Montu, I haven't even received my trays yet...so I'm not wondering "what to do with them". Are you assuming that the trays are a piece of crap that I'm going to be unhappy with?

I am also a seller on eBay...so I know what shipping costs.

Why didn't I email them about the shipping costs? Because I have been threatened with negative feedback before on eBay due to my disputing shipping charges. There are many people on eBay who like to add to their profit by totally inflating shipping charges.

You can get off of your high horse-you must be a buddy of his. I was only trying to be helpful to others on here who might want to buy from him in the future. They may want to ask what the shipping costs are *before* bidding. Don't worry, I won't be giving any further information on this board to anyone anymore. If I want emotional abuse I can find that just fine in "the real world"....I don't need to come to a Disney board to find it.

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
DreamerCM said:
Typical, typical of you people to jump all over someone. It was stupid for me even to apply for a screen name here. Rudeness is the trademark here. I'm not talking about someone who disagrees in a constructive way--we are talking about name calling here and just general rudeness.

By the way, Montu, I haven't even received my trays yet...so I'm not wondering "what to do with them". Are you assuming that the trays are a piece of crap that I'm going to be unhappy with?

Why didn't I email them about the shipping costs? Because I have been threatened with negative feedback before on eBay due to my disputing shipping charges. There are many people on eBay who like to add to their profit by totally inflating shipping charges.

You can get off of your high horse-you must be a buddy of his. I was only trying to be helpful to others on here who might want to buy from him in the future. They may want to ask what the shipping costs are *before* bidding. Don't worry, I won't be giving any further information on this board to anyone anymore. If I want emotional abuse I can find that just fine in "the real world"....I don't need to come to a Disney board to find it.

Someone's got drama.

Kwit35

MOUSESURPLUS said:
Holly ________! That is huge! I was bidding on the thing for my N0N-profit school. They gave me permission to spend up to $300 (including shipping). We were going to use it as a prop in a school play, which is a tribute to Walt Disney. I guess I will be going back to plan 'A', which is build my own castle. So much for saving time. I will be keeping a watchful eye on your site, though. You guys have the coolest stuff. (I tried to get one of those trays, but was not able to get to a computer during the last hour, :cry: )

sdguy1234

Account Suspended
Jekyll Baker said:
Way to go Donickco - hope you get it. I could put it on one of my cards, but I might have to put off going back to WDW for a year or so (just got to weigh my priorities :animwink:)

sdguy - it's not that anyone here resists change, but for a lot of us, it's simply nostalgia. We want to remember the good things from when we were younger. I'm sorry you think the original fountain was ugly, we all have our personal tastes. When I first saw it nearly 22 years ago, I thought it was quite beautiful - I even remember watching it for 10-15 minutes straight. The lucite sculpture just seemed to match SSE much better than the Leave a Legacy pillars (I'm not knocking them 'cause I've gotten my little face on there recently too) and I was sad to see that it had gone away. And as far as it being outdated, maybe some of us here are a little outdated too, like it that way, and like the way things were way back when :)

No, no. dont get me wrong I completely agree with you, but why would you want it back in the parks? I love nostalgia as much as the next guy, but this thing is too old for epcot's FUTURE world.

Leave a legacy sucks also.

SirNim

Since the prisms are officially dead, I say they install a kinetic fiber-optic sculpture on the fountain that lights up and shoots a laser high into the air in front of SE like a transparent obelisk. Mind you, this would be a much smaller scale than the Observatron in DL. Just a sort of abstract, laser, kinetic structure. Small and nondetracting. Only adding.

That has more of an eye to the future and discovery both than an empty and desolate platform for seasonal topiaries.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
DreamerCM said:

I'm sure your blanket statements are a fine way to endear yourself to most people here. I'm sure there are many places you could be rather than be offended by us rude people. So glad you can help show me how to write a polite post. :fork:

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
I'm just responding in turn to everyone else. If you think that I'm going to be "nice" to people who verbally abuse myself (and others) then you got another thing coming. I respond to rudeness with rudeness, as most people do.

If you don't like the fact that the shipping costs are inflated, that's not my problem. I found out that they choose to use Fed Ex, and that's expensive. That's their choice, but it should be disclosed in the description of the item.

Too bad, so sad that you don't agree. But do yourself and everyone else a favor--find a place in real life that you can play out your high and mightiness so you don't have to inflict it on people here. I'm sure that you are probably used to people bowing down to you, but it's not happening here. I have seen far too many people get stepped on and take it because they have a need to be "liked" on this board. I don't have that need.

I know your flavor--and it sure ain't vanilla.......

ClemsonTigger said:
I'm sure your blanket statements are a fine way to endear yourself to most people here. I'm sure there are many places you could be rather than be offended by us rude people. So glad you can help show me how to write a polite post. :fork:

uklad79

I have to say MouseSurplus are great :D . I bought a Jacket for $19.95 on 'Buy Now' and shipping to the UK cost $12 and it was well boxed up. I thought that was cheap:sohappy: . They have some great stuff and whenever I have emailed about shipping I have had a cost back. I imagine putting shipping costs on ebay would be pointless as the costs are diffrent depending on where it is being sent. I hope to buy more stuff but can not buy anything too big as I dont think I could have it shipped to the UK. Its the curse of living over the pond :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom