Wand Update: 7/20

jmvd20

I figured that it would take a few weeks. I was guessing 3 weeks with 5 working days a week, but they are only doing 4 working days. So I would say 3.5 now to get the structure down. They can do the other things at a slower rate it they want as long as it's down.

It is 5 working days a week but you are correct in the timeframe. This is a 4 week job barring anything unforeseen happening.

The segmental steel structure should not take a long time to remove as it is relatively easy to cut and rig as opposed to the odd shaped and unbalanced letters/ribbon/wand.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Today was anti-climatic.. it barely looks different. Anywho, working on uploading pics.

Other notes to tide folks over: SSE vehicles have been moved and now many without front headrests are visible. Vehicle #063 is the one parked right at unload now. The chain seems to continue beyond it.

The star aint dead yet. It's been pushed off to the side, de-sparkled, and it's like they're trying to hide it.

*thinks* And i don't think anything else remotely exciting happened. Pics shortly.

Hummer1676

Today was anti-climatic.. it barely looks different. Anywho, working on uploading pics.

Other notes to tide folks over: SSE vehicles have been moved and now many without front headrests are visible. Vehicle #063 is the one parked right at unload now. The chain seems to continue beyond it.

The star aint dead yet. It's been pushed off to the side, de-sparkled, and it's like they're trying to hide it.

*thinks* And i don't think anything else remotely exciting happened. Pics shortly.

Is this really a 3 hour process for you? If it is, then we all owe you a bit of gratitude. Thanks a lot.:wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*beats up PC* Well, finally i think i got something up..

91293304-wides1.jpg

And some more...

53636835-wides6.jpg

The other side..

32419647-wides5.jpg

Down by the base..

93321974-wides4.jpg

And here's the Star:

87492965-wides2.jpg

Best viewed from the plaza

68481212-wides3.jpg

That's it for the wand, totally not exciting. I'll try to have some ye olde Epcot that was unearthed pics up soonish - but that's a different thread.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ olde Epcot....

drools.... :D

I beg to differ nothing noteworthy happened last night - now the upright is lower than the curve the entire skyline is looking, well, domed again instead of pointy.

-technical terms :lol:

Well if their bringing in a 2nd crane in today to remove the heaver sections , then chances are most of the remaining structure will be gone by Monday :sohappy: :sohappy: Crane rentals aren't cheap. I wonder what this is costing ?

I work for Sims Crane (the OFFICIAL CRANE RENTAL SERVICE OF WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT)...or so says the massive plaque Disney sent us years back. Anyhow, I work in the Miami Branch. Hope the Orlando Branch has an opening one of these days!

I can tell you that Disney has spent quite a bit on crane/lift rentals in the month of July for EPCOT alone. This excludes the rentals in and around the other 3 parks, 2 water parks and rec. areas.

Disney is certainly one of Sims most valued and cherished customers.

Rob562

Does this mean no more red blinking light at Epcot... :cry:

No, it looks like they might have moved it to the top of the walkway of the curved section and bolted it to the railing. The curved part is now the tallest part of the structure, and it looks like the top of it is still above the 200' mark. I'll bet that this curved end will be the next piece to go so that they can stop with the constant blinkie light relocation.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom