Wand Update: 7/20

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I work for Sims Crane (the OFFICIAL CRANE RENTAL SERVICE OF WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT)...or so says the massive plaque Disney sent us years back.

Disney sent your company a plaque that telling them that you work for Sims Crane? Odd, but interesting, I guess... :p

Figment82

I saw lots of white flashes coming from the junction where the curved part meets the wand as I was leaving tonight, so it looks as though they are doing something tonight and not taking the day off like last week. I stayed for a while but I am just too tired and couldn't pull an all-nighter to watch. Maybe another time.

uklad79

Seems they are working on it tonight. About midnight and 3.30 flashes can be seen. Also looks like lots of shadows on the ground of something large. Not sure if thats the moving of the cut off sections on to trailers. It looks so dark but I imagine close up the lighting must be much better than it looks from afar.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, much of SSE's lighting eminated from the wand (giving that area an amber glow) and many lights were pointed right at the wand and reflected onto the sphere. No wand, no reflecting or eminating light for that area.

cdunbar

Wow Merf, lemme say that you take some excellent photos...but how did you get so close in the one photo? Just curious...any how Arizona was that like a joke or were they serious? Yea yeah stupid question...but I'm seriously curious...hehe:shrug:

diddy_mouse

Thanks as always Merf for the updates! :wave: I also saw pics for the MerfCove in another thread...very nice indeed!!! :animwink:

Disney sent your company a plaque that telling them that you work for Sims Crane? Odd, but interesting, I guess...

What? I think you need to reread before posting. The plaque is one of many Disney has sent to Sims Crane over the years. Major companies like Disney send their trusted and most-used vendors "gifts" of appreciation such as plaques, statues, etc.

The plaque states: Sims Crane and Equipment Co. - The Official Crane Provider of the Walt Disney World Resort. They have also sent framed certificates to the Sims Crane branches that assisted in the immediate aftermath recovery of Hurricane Charley in 2004. It shows the state of Florida, a huge Mickey icon where the resort lies, and the path Charley took when crossing the state. I'll have to take a pic of it one day. It’s interesting to see the signatures’ of all the various resort management figures, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom