Wand threads reach new level of silliness.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I read this on another thread and thought it was so silly that I would just ignore it, but then it kept coming back to me how silly the whole wand thing has gotten. These are actual words posted on another thread:

I was young when the Berlin Wall came down and did not get to fully appreciate the significance of it all.

I now understand.

Please.......It's a decoration at a theme park.

Almost 200 people lost their lives trying to escape the wall. It changed the course of mankind's history.

The wand is a decoration...ok, it looms large over our favorite icon of our favorite theme park. It will be gone soon...so what?

This is my first, last and only thread I will start about this subject. I am passionate about Epcot, as you can tell my my screen name, but in the grand scheme of things the wand is as significant as speck of dust in our world. Enough said.

Ricky

comics101

You can't deny it's a new era for Disney and it's theme parks. I just hope the change is a sign of good things to come, and not bad.

Epcot82Guy

Just to play sociologist for a minute. I don't think anyone is saying that the cultural implications of the wand are on par with the separationism of Germany prior to the wall's collapse. But, it is something people are personally invested in. Therefore, when you have the destruction of a physical manifestation of something you are invested in, you "get" in a better way what people likely felt for the wall. It's about personal feelings, not objective cultural implications.

BSikor

My brain hurts:hammer:

Does anyone know of a way to block posts from being displayed that contain the word "wand" in them? :brick:

sittle

Just to play sociologist for a minute. I don't think anyone is saying that the cultural implications of the wand are on par with the separationism of Germany prior to the wall's collapse. But, it is something people are personally invested in. Therefore, when you have the destruction of a physical manifestation of something you are invested in, you "get" in a better way what people likely felt for the wall. It's about personal feelings, not objective cultural implications.

By George you got it!!!

DRIFT

As a side note I've seen my fair share of etiquette posts around here. Thanks to all the webmothers and webfathers for your ideals. With all kidding aside, as much as I applaude your idealism and true thoughtfullness on the subject, people will be people. We all know how we can all act. We aren't angels.... even the ones writing the posts on etiquette or 'rudeness'.

END DRIFT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom