Wand threads reach new level of silliness.

Mansion Butler

Yeah, comparing it to the Berlin Wall is a little silly. Comparing the feelings invested in a physical object makes sense, but the actual importance of the wand needs to be compared to something on a different level.

Like. . . creation of life in the universe or the WWII armistace or something.

raven

And now we have a thread about the threads. Wandmania is rampant!

Agreed. Why do we need a thread talking about there being too many threads on the same subject? :hammer: It's feeding what they don't want.

And now there is a thread that someone wants people to post pictures of the wand. WHY? It's been there for 7 years. Why do we need to see more pictures of it? :confused:

Wilt Dasney

No longer will Future World West and Future World East be segregated by this oppressive symbol. Today, finally, there is just one...FUTURE WORLD!

CThaddeus

My brain hurts:hammer:

Does anyone know of a way to block posts from being displayed that contain the word "wand" in them? :brick:

There's a very simple way...quit opening threads you can quite clearly SEE are about the Wand.
As for me, the death of the Wand is something I've wanted since my visit in 2000 and my initial reaction was, "What the ____?" It dun uglified my favorite attraction. And that's all the reason I need to dance on the Wand's grave. As for comparisons to it and the Berlin Wall or whatever, lighten up. People are happy. Disney is making a good change.

Champion

It never ceases to amaze me at how uptight people can get over a joke. Lighten up. :brick:

The thing is, it wasn't clearly a joke. There were other similar statements made 'best thing to ever happen to Disney' and I know those weren't jokes, so what makes this clearly a joke?

ToTBellHop

The thing is, it wasn't clearly a joke. There were other similar statements made 'best thing to ever happen to Disney' and I know those weren't jokes, so what makes this clearly a joke?
I believe it is most prudent to never take anything on a web forum (featuring thousands of people you don't know) too seriously.

There's the flasher who lives next door!

goofyfan13

Maybe I can pick out hyperbole's easier than others, I don't know. The Berlin wall joke has been floating around for a while, maybe I'm just more akin to it being used as a joke. I know I have said the famous Reagan quote more than once with "wand" substituted for "wall" and "Mr. Gorbachev" substituted with "Mr. Iger".

All in all as Kyle put it...this is a message board, and people take things WAY to seriously.

Mansion Butler

Joke or not, I realize the fact that I'm on a message board dedicated solely to talking about a set of theme parks. In serious huge discussion, we're talk about a relatively frivilous thing the way we might talk about life and death situations in the real world.

This forum, by it's very nature of existence, is silly. I don't take anything seriously.

Champion

Joke or not, I realize the fact that I'm on a message board dedicated solely to talking about a set of theme parks. In serious huge discussion, we're talk about a relatively frivilous thing the way we might talk about life and death situations in the real world.

This forum, by it's very nature of existence, is silly. I don't take anything seriously.

You're correct in that you have to take it within the scope of the discussion.

However. Huge news was recently made in the PC gaming scene when Blizzard announced Starcraft II. Starcraft I has a HUGE following, and is played as a competitive sport in Korea. The game is 10+ years old, and still is one of the most popular games played. That all said, I didn't once see anyone call it 'the greatest thing ever' or 'the best news to ever happen' or 'like the Berlin wall coming down'. All of those things have been said about the wand coming down on this message board.

It is overreacting, regardless of the scope of the discussion.

Mansion Butler

You're correct in that you have to take it within the scope of the discussion.

However. Huge news was recently made in the PC gaming scene when Blizzard announced Starcraft II. Starcraft I has a HUGE following, and is played as a competitive sport in Korea. The game is 10+ years old, and still is one of the most popular games played. That all said, I didn't once see anyone call it 'the greatest thing ever' or 'the best news to ever happen' or 'like the Berlin wall coming down'. All of those things have been said about the wand coming down on this message board.

It is overreacting, regardless of the scope of the discussion.

You don't spend anytime at Gamefaqs. :lol:

Timmay

I like to compare the take down of the wand to the falling of the Sadam Hussain statue. :)

Actually, it’s more similar to a meaningless piece of decoration coming down and people using hyperbole to try and make it something more meaningful than it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom