"walt: The man behind the myth" will premiere on february 3rd on cnbc

WDWVito

Original Poster
did not see this posted. (sorry if it was)

Taken from this link

"Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" will premiere on Thursday, February 3rd at 9pm. The two hour documentary will repeat that evening at 12am. "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" is the definitive filmed biography of Walt Disney. Based on over 75 interviews with Walt’s closest friends and collaborators as well as leading historians, "Walt" traces the life and creative achievements of one of America’s most enduring icons in entertainment. In addition to the familiar stories of how Walt conceived of Mickey Mouse and created the first feature-length animated cartoon with "Snow White," the film also reveals the lesser-known saga of how the studio faced near-bankruptcy in the wake of a strike and World War II; how Walt skimped and saved, and even cashed in his family's life insurance, in order to finance the early development of Disneyland; how the Disney Studio broke the Hollywood taboo of early television; and how, in his final days, Walt was fully devoted to building a city of the future near what is today Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
"Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" is a production of Pantheon Studios, Inc. for the Walt Disney Family Foundation.

rodserling27

I was worried this would be one of those Anti-Walt things that tries to paint him in a negative light, or flat-out lie about him. Looks like it's not one of those. Looking forward to watching it!

Tigger1988

I was worried this would be one of those Anti-Walt things that tries to paint him in a negative light, or flat-out lie about him. Looks like it's not one of those. Looking forward to watching it!

It's a Disney produced doc from awhile ago, so no nothing negative lol
http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Behind-________-Van-/dp/B0001AVZWG

will341

WOOOOO we have CNBC up at school:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Looks like I'll be able to watch it thanks for the heads up:D:D

ddbowdoin

I have a Neal Gabler podcast from itunes... wow, if you had never heard of walt disney before this podcast you would have thought he was the devil himself.

lebeau

I have a Neal Gabler podcast from itunes... wow, if you had never heard of walt disney before this podcast you would have thought he was the devil himself.

I read Gabler's book. I thought it was a pretty fair portrayal. He didn't demonize him, but he also didn't shy away from his faults.

Looking forward to the doc.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I read Gabler's book. I thought it was a pretty fair portrayal. He didn't demonize him, but he also didn't shy away from his faults.

Looking forward to the doc.

I've read both Gabler's and Thomas's works. Gabler was the more extensive of the two, but also the more unbiased, even if that meant illuminating the good along with the bad. :)

MissM

I have netflix streamed on my Wii, is it available through instant stream or do you have to put the DVD in queue to have it mailed to you.
This particular one is a DVD only. Though there are a few other Walt documentaries available on streaming. Both El Groupo and The Boys (The Sherman Brother's Story) are on streaming. I watched them recently too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom