Walt Disney World's new marketing campaign - 'The Magic is Endless'

SorcererMC

Using CPI or inflation when talking about a luxury vacation is disingenuous. You simply cannot compare, and I don't care what they did back in the day.
That's not how economics works. CPI and inflation are standard economic indicators. If WDW was *only* a luxury vacation, they wouldn't have a large number of hotel rooms with normal ADR pricing at the Value and Moderate Resorts.

ETA: Not picking on you in particular; it's that I see this assertion being made repeatedly about WDW as a 'luxury' and it is a half-truth.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Can't wait to read 14 pages of the same joke!

Let's get some out of the way for you...

The standby line is endless!

The FastPass+ return line is endless (if the ride just came back online)!

The line to puke in the bathroom after lunch at the ABC Commissary/Pinocchio Village Haus is endless!

The regret is endless!

The waistline of most guests is endless!

The damage to your future ability to secure credit is endless!

The sense of guest entitlement is endless!

The pace of construction is endless!

The ineffable sense of loss is endless!

The crass financial exploitation is endless!

Brad Bishop

Remember when they'd ad new rides as part of a celebration instead of just coming up with a new catch phrase that includes any of the following buzz words: celebrate, magic, dream, wish

That, I think, is why it's turning a lot of us off: They're just regurgitating the Disney buzz words.

May as well be: Celebrate Magical Dream Wishes
- and there are a ton of people who'd just lap that up.

RSoxNo1

That, I think, is why it's turning a lot of us off: They're just regurgitating the Disney buzz words.

May as well be: Celebrate Magical Dream Wishes
- and there are a ton of people who'd just lap that up.
Dream, Celebrate and Wish all ran great campaigns this year, but in the end the people have spoken and this year they decided they want "Magic". Dream, Celebrate and Wish will be back in the running for next year's campaigns.

brb1006

It's one of the things I miss. It used to be so cool to just be wandering around the park and then you'd see Goofy, Mickey, or some other character. A lot of times you'd see "lesser" characters (probably the wrong term, but you get what I mean).

The M&Gs seem to institutionalized, IMO. I get it in that a lot of people want to meet the characters and it's their way of trying to work with that but it misses that odd "Oh, Look! IT'S MICKEY!!!"-bit of excitement and changes it to "let's go stand in line for Mickey."
Before meet and greets guests would sometimes have a surprise encounter with a random character which was also another special thing about the characters at the parks.

Minnie Mum

You act like their will never be another nighttime parade again.

And your crystal ball can confirm otherwise?

I remember when the AK parade went away, ostensibly because of construction walls hampering guest circulation. Never came back. Admit it - NOT having an evening parade is saving them big bucks. I doubt another parade will happen before the 50th anniversary. And maybe not even then.

My Grandson may see a new night parade in his life time, but I'm not sure I will.

Another one for Chris M's list: the waiting for new attractions is endless.

brb1006

That's at least kind of exciting and fun. The new ad lingers on people eating a burger and fries, swimming in a hotel pool, and getting made up to look like princesses. Makes WDW seem kind of like a generic holiday resort and mainly geared toward little kids, honestly.
I remember most WDW commercials made during the late 80's and till the early 2000's were always exciting to watch. When was the last time WDW made a commercial mentioning or featuring any of the nighttime actives besides the fireworks?

pax_65

But there are so many options!

The Magic is endless*

*as long as you plan accordingly
*and so are the standby lines
*there is in fact a finite amount of magic
*have you tried one our new cupcakes?

I love the asterisk. The lawyers should add this to be fully accurate:

*The amount of Magic you actually receive is dependent upon a variety of factors including the amount of money in your wallet, the amount of time you spent planning your vacation, how many upcharges you're willing to pay, how crowded the park is, how many attractions are closed, whether the attraction has been properly refurbished (or just uses a blinking light to simulate movement), how many parades and live performers have been cut, how many cast members have been laid off, and your personal level of tolerance to Disney's cost-cutting and imperfections.

SorcererMC

Makes WDW seem kind of like a generic holiday resort and mainly geared toward little kids, honestly.
I noticed that too - focus on M&Gs, Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique, dining and hotel pool. I could swear that I heard the groan/eyeroll of a thousand teenagers who don't want to go to the theme park for little kids. Commercials like this are also why any adult without kids has to answer the question, 'You're going to WDW? I thought that was for little kids?'

brb1006

I noticed that too - focus on M&Gs, Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique, dining and hotel pool. I could swear that I heard the groan/eyeroll of a thousand teenagers who don't want to go to the theme park for little kids. Commercials like this are also why any adult without kids has to answer the question, 'You're going to WDW? I thought that was for little kids?'
I also really miss these type of commercials where they focused on the family or a child looking forward to visiting WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom