News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Sweet Thing

I'm hoping for Lion King and Nemo...

...But I'm sure HS really needs to push for their BATB and IJESS to get back open. That park doesn't have too much going for it right now outside of star wars. Especially if mermaid is closed forever.

Nemo wasn’t originally slated to come back even before the squabble with Equity. Given the financial woes the company is facing, I doubt Lion King will be back anytime soon.

CaptainAmerica

To further reduce crowding, advanced reservation for select TSR walk ups will soon be available. Availability and estimated wait time will be viewable.

This should aid in groups of less than a certain size having to attend the podium or crowd restaurant entrances whilst waiting.
They should consider letting you make reservations super far in advance if you really know where you want to eat... maybe six months or so.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Nemo wasn’t originally slated to come back even before the squabble with Equity. Given the financial woes the company is facing, I doubt Lion King will be back anytime soon.
That's a shame. I'd bring that show back over all the other shows on property. It is the best show/has the best quality out of all of em. (Lion King could be debated, but I go for Nemo.)

jaklgreen

techgeek

Nobody can read this article unless you subscribe to their paper.

If the link isn't working, try browsing to it from the homepage at tampabay.com - it's currently their headline article. They provide free access for all Covid related stories for 24 hours from publishing.

JohnD

Disney Parks Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D'Amaro talks about the reopening of Walt Disney World

"Josh talks about the use of technology to manage attendance, including Disney Parks Pass, Mobile Order and how it can work beyond the pandemic. "

Will watch soon but sounds like FP+ may be going the way of Splash Mountain.

JohnD

Yeah, that's all we need for this thread to be hijacked with a bunch of people rhetorically rage-asking "how is FastPass racist?"

I do believe Martin has indicated that we'd see the end of Fastpass+ as the parks reopen and adjust to pandemic life.

That’s during the pandemic. The question is post-pandemic, whenever that is deemed to be. What happens to FP+/park pass system/park hopper?

rowrbazzle

"Josh talks about the use of technology to manage attendance, including Disney Parks Pass, Mobile Order and how it can work beyond the pandemic. "

Will watch soon but sounds like FP+ may be going the way of Splash Mountain.

Did he actually say that in the interview? Your quote doesn't mention fastpass.
I will not weep FP+ demise. As a rope dropper, it plays to my advantage better.
As a rope dropper who also uses fastpasses, I will be very sad to see it go. It's made out trips so much easier and more efficient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom