News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A little surprised they cut 7-9p at Epcot and didn’t trim it off the opening time. 1-9p wouldn’t have been a bad 8 hour operating day. I would have thought those last two hours would have been valuable in festival sales.
Could be that they want to discourage indoor dining since that’s one of the most difficult things to make “safe” for guests. There’s no good way to do it for Disney.

oceanbreeze77

A little surprised they cut 7-9p at Epcot and didn’t trim it off the opening time. 1-9p wouldn’t have been a bad 8 hour operating day. I would have thought those last two hours would have been valuable in festival sales.
Could be that they want to discourage indoor dining since that’s one of the most difficult things to make “safe” for guests. There’s no good way to do it for Disney.
Human nature is a tad more rowdy in the later hours than early hours. Theres more control earlier in the day.

cmwade77

Actor's Equity Union signs memorandum of understanding with Disney for Equity performers to return to the parks
Hopefully Disney brings back the entertainment, if they do, they will see attendance numbers go up and if they can get other states to understand basic math and remove the requirements for those that travel to Florida to quarantine for 14 days when they return, they will see a further attendance increase. Remember that Florida is one of the three most populated states in the country, so of course their numbers will be higher than most other states (except perhaps Texas and California, who have larger populations).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hopefully Disney brings back the entertainment, if they do, they will see attendance numbers go up and if they can get other states to understand basic math and remove the requirements for those that travel to Florida to quarantine for 14 days when they return, they will see a further attendance increase. Remember that Florida is one of the three most populated states in the country, so of course their numbers will be higher than most other states (except perhaps Texas and California, who have larger populations).
The statistics used for the travel quarantine are adjusted for population size so FL having more residents is irrelevant. The most common requirements call for a seven day average percent positive under 10% and less than 10 cases per day on average per 100K people. So FL needs a weekly average of under 2,150 cases. FL was the only state to issue politically driven quarantine requirements against NY/NJ/CT which were not based on statistics and left in place for weeks/months after cases there dropped well below FL itself.

CJR

I personally expect some stuff post-dst, if cases get to decent levels.

It'll get dark about 5:30pm, so really extending hours wouldn't be much of a problem for all, but DAK, which I imagine is lower priority with RoL ending.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I personally expect some stuff post-dst, if cases get to decent levels.

It'll get dark about 5:30pm, so really extending hours wouldn't be much of a problem for all, but DAK, which I imagine is lower priority with RoL ending.
God willing by Nov 1 the case load in FL (and the country) will be much lower and they can add back some stuff and try to have some version of a holiday season. If the situation doesn’t improve much nationally I don’t see the demand being there. Everyone needs to do their part: wear your mask and keep your distance whenever in public.

Jrb1979

God willing by Nov 1 the case load in FL (and the country) will be much lower and they can add back some stuff and try to have some version of a holiday season. If the situation doesn’t improve much nationally I don’t see the demand being there. Everyone needs to do their part: wear your mask and keep your distance whenever in public.
By November I don't think it will matter what the number of cases are at the demand isn't coming back any time soon. A ression is happening and many people won't be able to afford any kind of vacation let alone a Disney one. I have a feeling more cuts are going to happen before any firework display comes back.

DVCakaCarlF

By November I don't think it will matter what the number of cases are at the demand isn't coming back any time soon. A ression is happening and many people won't be able to afford any kind of vacation let alone a Disney one. I have a feeling more cuts are going to happen before any firework display comes back.
The recession was here in March...and, Covid aside, the movement in the background was already a predictor. Covid was just the domino that tipped everything over.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm hoping for Lion King and Nemo...

...But I'm sure HS really needs to push for their BATB and IJESS to get back open. That park doesn't have too much going for it right now outside of star wars. Especially if mermaid is closed forever.

Brooklin Disney Dad

There were people on these boards saying they will get a Starbucks and walk around all day so they didn’t have to wear the mask. I’m guessing this is not only a restatement but tightening it up a bit also.
Such fools are these people! Let’s make a political/constitutional stance at Disney. We can’t go on rides with our coffee, but we can spend our whole day wandering around pretending to drink. Stay home if you don’t like it...everybody wins. Your mask is off and you save $ since you weren’t going on rides anyways. Go bother a beehive if you need to pick on something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom