News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Seanual757

How so? I've already got half a dozen credit cards with NFC chips and RFID antennas in them. Not to mention Apple Pay on my phone. What advantage would I get out of using a Tragic Band? And especially when I use one credit card for dining (5% cash back) and another for merchandise (2% cash back). I, for one, refuse to wear one, as not only do I find them goofy looking, I also find them uncomfortable in Florida's heat and humidity. On those rare occasions where my wife and I might want an on-ride photo, we'll attach one of our pucks to her purse.

They can add it as an option it's no problem when we are staying at resorts we just use the bad. We have no problems with bands we were then in the summer heat no problem. It's easier to swipe the band than it is pulling a card out of grabbing the phone. I just said I would like to see them enable us to use the card on file and used the bands as well. Other folks can use cards, and phones we like the bands and used them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thousands of DVC members are already blowing up 10,000 on a regular basis. 😥 We are just semi peasants.
...not if you bought when the prices had value 😉

But to your point...i spend a few thousand minimum each trip...eat the bread and drink the wine...

And apparently the fact I prepaid and give them ops fees means they’ll “get to me” whenever people forget the obvious flaws in the system this has exposed.

About 6 months or less based on the average Disney fan attention spans...

Last edited:

Gravydeen

So our existing resort reservations starts July 10th for 8 nights. Anybody have a guess how they might handle that? Will they cancel the entire reservation or give me the chance to modify and come in on the 11th? I wonder if the reservation system will reduce the guest number such that fastpasses will not be necessary. The phased opening has really screwed with the days that we would be in which parks so we will have to change our plan and therefore fastpasses and dining reservations. The wait time to Disney reservations is currently about 2 hours.

Giss Neric

When I was watching their Zoom meeting earlier about presenting their reopening strategies, at the end when the dude was asking everyone to vote, when he asked is there anyone opposed to it, I was slightly nervous someone would actually oppose.

Brooklin Disney Dad

So all of us that have been paying for quite some time, just get told sorry you cant? I get being a fl resident and a AP holder, almost bought an AP oursselves, but thats a bit much...
I think that could be the next announcement. Open to Florida residents/APH until further notice to control crowd levels and monitor Covid spread within the parks. Maybe no resort bookings until after NBA has officially confirmed their resort status? Or has CSR been confirmed.

Seanual757

When I was watching their Zoom meeting earlier about presenting their reopening strategies, at the end when the dude was asking everyone to vote, when he asked is there anyone opposed to it, I was slightly nervous someone would actually oppose.

Nope since they approved Universal it was a no brainer and the governor already approved the deal before it was even announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom