News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Flynnwriter

MASKS MANDATORY!!!! Yipee! Disney has asked for a reasonable request during a pandemic. Anyone unable to gladly comply should stay at home. Anyone who wants to show up and act like an , arguing when they don't want to comply, or when they refuse to comply should quit complaining. You hopefully wipe your butt, shower regularly, pay your taxes, wear your seat belt, are kind to your kids... this is just one more thing that, as an advanced society, we are required to do in crowds right now to stop additional infections and deaths.

aliceismad

You laugh, but I expect food carts and stands to be closed entirely. You can't eat an ice cream cone while wearing a mask, and you'll only be allowed to remove your mask in restaurants, ergo no ice cream cones.
Eating outside is safer than eating inside. I would think QS or kiosks that have sitting/dining areas around them would be open. Maybe Disney will try to discourage people walking around with snacks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We had a trip planned for June 27-30 for Epcot Moonlight Magic. We canceled in April. I'm still glad that we canceled since we can't go to the parks for those dates. Its not worth it for us to leave New Jersey and just go hang out in a hotel when it's summer time. If we were within a reasonable road trip or winter time in NJ to escape the cold, it would be worth it. We'll enjoy the same sun in New Jersey and wait. Also my wife is 4 months pregnant so that probably doesn't make the parks fun either since there a lot of rides she can't ride. Probably won't be going back until our kid is at least a year old. Yikes, how am I going to survive without a WDW trip for at least 18 months?
You would also have to arrive 2 weeks early to serve your FL mandated 14 day quarantine. Nobody from NY/NJ/CT can effectively plan a visit to WDW unless you plan to stay longer than 2 weeks.

oceanbreeze77

MASKS MANDATORY!!!! Yipee! Disney has asked for a reasonable request during a pandemic. Anyone unable to gladly comply should stay at home. Anyone who wants to show up and act like an ***, arguing when they don't want to comply, or when they refuse to comply should quit complaining. You hopefully wipe your butt, shower regularly, pay your taxes, wear your seat belt, are kind to your kids... this is just one more thing that, as an advanced society, we are required to do in crowds right now to stop additional infections and deaths.
I don't feel bad at ALL for people who feel their vacations are ruined because of Masks and social distancing. Talk about first world problems.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This one has already been proven wrong. I'm kind of surprised that they are opening what looks like all the resorts on the 11th, but that may be a detail that hasn't emerged just yet as they work out all the details. With the planned ramp of the parks, the details on this one will be interesting to watch. They will certainly not need all of their room capacity at least through the summer.
They had to do it that way.

The place won’t make any money if they can’t rally it to full rather quickly...which is another reason for a 6 week delay.

The can “hide in plain view” by then is there calculation

Amused to Death

they need to enable payment by magic band not just for resort guests it would make life so much easier.
How so? I've already got half a dozen credit cards with NFC chips and RFID antennas in them. Not to mention Apple Pay on my phone. What advantage would I get out of using a Tragic Band? And especially when I use one credit card for dining (5% cash back) and another for merchandise (2% cash back). I, for one, refuse to wear one, as not only do I find them goofy looking, I also find them uncomfortable in Florida's heat and humidity. On those rare occasions where my wife and I might want an on-ride photo, we'll attach one of our pucks to her purse.

I imagine they want to see the parks plan officially approved before they start sending communication to guests with the full details.
Sea World and Universal are both requiring them. Surely you're not trying to compare WDW to Gatorland or FunSpot...

I am talking about resorts. Hotels. Not parks. Our plan will probably be to stay at a nice resort with upscale pools and a water park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think they picked July to not only give them time to prepare, but also time to make changes if there is another spike. We won't see the results of Memorial Day for another 3-4 weeks and if in fact there is a spike, it would be easy for them to say "we cannot open now."
There’s an obvious advantage to those dates on many reasons...it’s not a coincidence that the extra $600 a week that Uncle Sam is paying is due to expire on 6/30...that is advantageous to Disney to wait until after that date on a number of planes.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Eating outside is safer than eating inside. I would think QS or kiosks that have sitting/dining areas around them would be open. Maybe Disney will try to discourage people walking around with snacks.
I'm not saying what I think they SHOULD do, I'm saying what they said they're going to do. And what they said is that masks and six feet of distancing is mandatory at all times.

Giss Neric

I assume they'll have to keep the verbiage. Otherwise, people will grab a paper napkin and throw it over their nose and mouth and claim they're abiding by the rules.
Disney should let those people ride Characters in Flight for free and make them jump for free. Maybe the head trauma or concussion will fix their brain if they are still alive.

Other things they didn't cover that I've heard:

- Hotels will be phased across booking rates to accommodate all, restaurants as well.
- Facilities Engineers and ancillary maintenance staffing to ramp up next week. (Week of June 1st)
- Cast return for retraining to begin the week of June 8th, in phases to accommodate all. (Train the trainer, training)
- Transportation to reopen in phases, beginning with bus service between MK, AK, and springs. DHS and Epcot added on the 15th and Skyliner may reopen as well (still under consideration)
- Water Parks TBD, not until August.. MAY be after labor day.
Does phased for hotels mean certain ones will be open before others? Consolidating of certain levels of booking rates into different hotels?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom