News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Seanual757

I wonder how they'll make that determination. It also seems like a very fluid determination depending on increasing/decreasing cases and/or data that everyone will argue about no matter what.

Pretty sure the governor will decided and then WDW, Universal, and Sea World will have to contact the guests to let them know they cannot travel.

Seeing things are getting better in the NY, NJ, CT area I could see them being allowed back late August or after Labor Day. It could be since Disney knows each guests location they would just need to contact them and let them know due to travel bans at this time we will need to cancel your reservation.

Honestly I am not really worried about them it's the overseas traveler I am worried about. I remember a guy traveled from China to Mexico City just to get back to the US and he had the virus.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Well...

That rental “thing” is far from a guaranteed forever deal. They tolerate it for some obvious reasons.
The way the contract is written it would be hard for Disney to stop it. They could change some policies to make it less attractive but it would be hard to eliminate it entirely; people were sold in on the idea that you can let your kids use it without you even being there etc.

rle4lunch

Thousands of DVC members are already blowing up 10,000 on a regular basis. 😥 We are just semi peasants.

Hey, we only spent 28k on our Poly and SS contracts. And were paid off in 3 months. Let's us go twice a year and only spend about $2500 per trip vice $5000. Considering our kids are still young, we'll have gotten back our return on investment before they outgrow their interest in going all the time.

That said, we wish we would've bought in about 5 years earlier, which would've saved us about 6k. 💩

the_rich

Pretty sure the governor will decided and then WDW, Universal, and Sea World will have to contact the guests to let them know they cannot travel.

Seeing things are getting better in the NY, NJ, CT area I could see them being allowed back late August or after Labor Day. It could be since Disney knows each guests location they would just need to contact them and let them know due to travel bans at this time we will need to cancel your reservation.

Honestly I am not really worried about them it's the overseas traveler I am worried about. I remember a guy traveled from China to Mexico City just to get back to the US and he had the virus.
I honestly think it'll be relaxed come the beginning of July. Most resort guests are coming from out of state and many of those are from the northeast.

Seanual757

What are the “hot zone” states?

And what I meant was that rental serve dvc now for these reasons:
1. The overhead is low for Disney
2. The people renting tend to spend more cash on the high profit crap than dvcers.

Now..:when would that not work anymore?
1. When sales slow and they determine is bleed doing to dvc Rentals.

That’s where things change...like the rules slapped on resales over the last 5 year. It’s a hypothetical topic for another day/thread

The governor considers NY, NJ, CT, and CA hot zone states.

They could treat the DVC rentals like Airbnb and limit to locals only for now.

I can see limits coming to DVC owners renting points until all of this clears up and the back log on points are back to normal.

Parker in NYC

Again, as the governor makes these decisions on a regular or irregular basis, will guests in these now-designated hot spots or re-designated hotspots be expected to cancel airline reservations and other travel plans?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The way the contract is written it would be hard for Disney to stop it. They could change some policies to make it less attractive but it would be hard to eliminate it entirely; people were sold in on the idea that you can let your kids use it without you even being there etc.
I’ve heard a “they can’t” comments on contract modifications going back 20 years...
...they all have been wrong.

As far as “attractive” goes...why do they care at this point? They have charged a fortune and don’t frankly care what happens to it if people keep rolling into Saratoga and buying more. Which they do.

MagicWDI

If you are referring to contactless payment, that has been in place since late 2014. They started taking ApplePay and GooglePay on Christmas Eve that year. I use ApplePay almost exclusively when I'm at the parks. It is not supported at some of the third party merchant locations and you cannot yet use it at a table service restaurant. But all merchandise and counter serve locations have supported contactless payment for many years now.
I'm referring to using gift cards on mobile food ordering.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Again, as the governor makes these decisions on a regular or irregular basis, will guests in these now-designated hot spots be expected to cancel airline reservations and other travel plans?
I don’t see a lot of “decisions” coming from Tallahassee...

A lot of “you cans” and “I won’t tell you not to”

Those aren’t “decisions” in the academic and practical senses.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I’ve heard a “they can’t” comments on contract modifications going back 20 years...
...they all have been wrong.

As far as “attractive” goes...why do they care at this point? They have charged a fortune and don’t frankly care what happens to it if people keep rolling into Saratoga and buying more. Which they do.
LOL you'll notice I didn't say "they can't", because they have all the lawyers!

corsairk09

I am trying to keep this whole thing in perspective. DH and I kept our jobs and our family is healthy. I don’t go to Disney very often and this was our 3 yo first trip. So many of the things she was excited about other things that they canceled. Just not worth the money and the headache of the masks for such a limited experience. Wish it were different. 😔

Seanual757

I honestly think it'll be relaxed come the beginning of July. Most resort guests are coming from out of state and many of those are from the northeast.

I am ok with it we need to $$$ international travelers I still have an issue with except for Canada. I just do not feel like a person traveling from say Asia or Europe is a good idea right now. See how things go in the fall before we start allowing international travelers back into the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom