News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

disney4life2008

I'm not talking about if I will go. My first reason for not going is I won't be getting full experience and not worth it. But whole point of wearing them is to avoid spread of virus. The virus isn't going away and experts are predicting will come back strong in fall. So why would a place like Disney decide to not have masks during that time?

I think it's fare masks at Disney will be required for the foreseeable future.

JohnD

Personally, I think the rules are ridiculous. Why is wearing a mask ridiculous? What epidemiological study supports that?

Do I think we’re going through the motions? Yes. Do I think we don’t need to do them? No. It is required anywhere for a gradual reopening of anything. Just play along and be glad they’re participating in reopening. We’ll be back to where we almost were eventually.

Giss Neric

ONE QUESTION: Will World Showcase have cast members form around the world again? I can't imagine World Showcase with Americans working in the country's pavilions.
I think so. They better be cause what's the point of world showcase then. They still have a month to drag their behind back to Orlando from their respective countries. 😁

dolbyman

ONE QUESTION: Will World Showcase have cast members form around the world again? I can't imagine World Showcase with Americans working in the country's pavilions.
Pretty sure they could find some Americans that speak the respective language (for authenticity) until they can phase in the Visa CM again

England should be easiest (and then Canada), my girlfriend used to work in the Canada Pavilion and she speaks 0 French :p

Parker in NYC

I'm not talking about if I will go. My first reason for not going is I won't be getting full experience and not worth it. But whole point of wearing them is to avoid spread of virus. The virus isn't going away and experts are predicting will come back strong in fall. So why would a place like Disney decide to not have masks during that time?

When members of the government opt not to wear masks, what do you expect? Do as I do, not as I say.

aliceismad

I wonder if cooling towel/neck gaiter masks would count as face coverings. My DH used one while working outside on construction projects pre-COVID. We took one last May with us to WDW, and DD wore it around her neck when she got hot.

wdw71fan

Other things they didn't cover that I've heard:

- Hotels will be phased across booking rates to accommodate all, restaurants as well.
- Facilities Engineers and ancillary maintenance staffing to ramp up next week. (Week of June 1st)
- Cast return for retraining to begin the week of June 8th, in phases to accommodate all. (Train the trainer, training)
- Transportation to reopen in phases, beginning with bus service between MK, AK, and springs. DHS and Epcot added on the 15th and Skyliner may reopen as well (still under consideration)
- Water Parks TBD, not until August.. MAY be after labor day.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I wonder if Len Testa and Co. will now have to revise their touring plan recommendations. How to grab a chair at the pool before anyone else! How to get an ice cream cone and Dumbo-Or-Die in a day?
You laugh, but I expect food carts and stands to be closed entirely. You can't eat an ice cream cone while wearing a mask, and you'll only be allowed to remove your mask in restaurants, ergo no ice cream cones.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I wonder if cooling towel/neck gaiter masks would count as face coverings. My DH used one while working outside on construction projects pre-COVID. We took one last May with us to WDW, and DD wore it around her neck when she got hot.
You can't wear one of those things around your nose and mouth in the heat. You'll essentially be waterboarding yourself with steam.

Giss Neric

In Disney Springs the sign they have is face coverings so it's not necessarily just masks. They are more hot though but it's up to you.

Plowboy

The only thing I'm curious about right now is how the park reservations will work. We like to park hop, so does that mean we need to have multiple reservations every day?

Giss Neric

It's like getting a massage without the extra service. Not worth it.

Hockey89

No meet and greets, no playgrounds, no parades, no fireworks, plexiglass at every cash register, mandatory face coverings "while on property," which would seem to include parking lots and every other place.

This sounds like a miserable guest experience. I know it was expected but I'm disappointed. IMO, you just don't open if this is the only way you think you can do it safely.
We always spend a ton of money and wont even think about going until all of that changes.... I'm sure plenty will but I'm not blowing 10,000 with that BS...

aliceismad

You can't wear one of those things around your nose and mouth in the heat. You'll essentially be waterboarding yourself with steam.
Maybe not for long periods. I just know my DH did, and he worked outside in tropical areas.

Certainly it would not be preferable to other masks in terms of preventing covid.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The only thing I'm curious about right now is how the park reservations will work. We like to park hop, so does that mean we need to have multiple reservations every day?
I can’t imagine there will be any park hoping. 1 park reserved per day. They aren’t goin got use up 2 park spots a day for 1 person. Once capacity limits are removed that should change.

Giss Neric

Very good question. The answer we will find out soon. Not only that we have to worry about reservations but the parks are at limited capacity too so park hopping is unclear.

Oh my, what if I have a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance, I am stuck in Studios to wait. I usually go to Epcot to kill time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom