News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

mickeymiss

I sure As hell hope not. I literally just booked All star music.

Will any of us that "just" booked within the last few months even get in? I booked in April and I'm hearing non stop rumors that some people with August dates are going to get the boot in favor of those who booked sooner. I wish they capped off resevations to avoid this problem. I never would have kept the faith if I thought my reservation didn't count. They must have known they would limit capacity soon after they closed. No? They continued to take reservations as recently as yesterday morning. Tisk tisk.

the_rich

Will any of us that "just" booked within the last few months even get in? I booked in April and I'm hearing non stop rumors that some people with August dates are going to get the boot in favor of those who booked sooner. I wish they capped off resevations to avoid this problem. I never would have kept the faith if I thought my reservation didn't count. They must have known they would limit capacity soon after they closed. No? They continued to take reservations as recently as yesterday morning. Tisk tisk.
No way to know how many reservations they have. Plus alot of people aren't going to want to go with the new restrictions.

mickeymiss

No way to know how many reservations they have. Plus alot of people aren't going to want to go with the new restrictions.
True. Anyone who held on this long is likely not going to cancel on their own. I assumed the resorts weren't overbooked because they were taking reservations this whole time AND many people who were canceled by the prior closure rescheduled for a year or so from now. But...it looks like most people did reschedule for the summer which might further bump people out. Especially if disney offers canceled people the spots other people occupy. How are they going to do this and when? It's so stressful to think we could still get canceled.

Jessbowman25

Yep. I was supposed to make my Fast Pass choices this am, but didn’t have high hopes for it. Got on at 7 and it wouldn’t let me. Tried via the App and on the website. Tried my phone verses my iPad. We will see how this all pans out 😳

the_rich

True. Anyone who held on this long is likely not going to cancel on their own. I assumed the resorts weren't overbooked because they were taking reservations this whole time AND many people who were canceled by the prior closure rescheduled for a year or so from now. But...it looks like most people did reschedule for the summer which might further bump people out. Especially if disney offers canceled people the spots other people occupy. How are they going to do this and when? It's so stressful to think we could still get canceled.
I booked right after they made their announcement about July 11th. So either I get to go and im happy. Or they cancel it and offer me a discount for another date. Either way I'm happy. I'm more concerned about my trip to DL in august.

amycarl75

I have two reservations a two bedroom at old Key West for nine But I booked back in January. It comes with free dining fully paid. Five day park hopper plus tickets. We were set to check in July 7 leave the 15th. I’m trying to figure out if 1) my reservation there is still good 2) If we’re only able to use two or three days of the tickets. Well Disney extend the expiration date on the unused portion since were checking in on the seventh. Then to make it more complicated I have a reservation paid at pop century which will not be open with free dining for 4 people 😩

Stevie Amsterdam

apologies if this was brought up already. i haven’t scrolled through all the pages. i heard disney is encouraging cashless payments while on property. i was wondering if it’s something they’re going to make mandatory. only asking because we usually bring cash with us to avoid using our cards. thanks for any help.
As long as cash money is a legal form of payment, you will be able to use it. The merchant may have policies in place to discourage the use of cash, but like many others said, he then needs to offer an alternative. Topping up magic bands in this case, or gift cards, etc.

mickeymiss

There are so many ways that this could go wrong. We weren't slated to make our final payment until 7/6. I made our final paymemt after the announcement to cover bases. I'm not sure if it ever counted as a reservation if we didn't fully pay yet. But it also seems unfair to cancel us simply because we were taking advantage of the pay later option. I know we have to be patient but I hope they start ironing this out soon so I can make other plans if necessary.

the_rich

There are so many ways that this could go wrong. We weren't slated to make our final payment until 7/6. I made our final paymemt after the announcement to cover bases. I'm not sure if it ever counted as a reservation if we didn't fully pay yet. But it also seems unfair to cancel us simply because we were taking advantage of the pay later option. I know we have to be patient but I hope they start ironing this out soon so I can make other plans if necessary.
If they do cancel which I'm still not convinced that they will, it will go by booking date not when you paid.

danv3

I took it as meaning they are inevitable.

A huge change in policy is inevitable despite not being mentioned in their reopening presentation or blog posts (after being floated by Disney weeks ago in the CMO press release)? I doubt it...and I certainly hope not, since there's no evidence Disney could successfully roll virtual queues out in a month.

They're making enough changes to park operations. Throwing virtual queues on top would be nuts.

Stevie Amsterdam

Why can’t Disney say “enter at your own risk, we aren’t responsible beyond these reasonable precautions we have taken (sanitizing, marking 6 foot distances, etc)”?
Because then people would get upset at Disney for not taking enough responsibility. To be honest, whatever Disney does, or doesn't, it will never satisfy everyone.

That's why I love seeing people say 'I will go whenever the mask policy is gone'. Great! Power to them ✊ Either feel uncomfortable and visit the place, or wait a bit and sit this one out. It's that simple. Also, with the economy and unemployment, it's not a bad thing to sit on your money a little longer.

P.s. @PrincessLaur this was not meant to you personally, it's just the message I decided to respond to 🥰

icc2515

We can approx how many DVC reservations they have. As of this morning no studios fully avail for the 11th till the 18th except Saratoga. It was not that way over the weekend. I wss able to book a standatd studio at the Grand Floridian. I have never been able to do that before this close. Now you cannot even get a studio at Kidani.

WDW is going to be packed. There is going to be a lot of disappointed people not going to be able to get into the parks.

TrojanUSC

why can’t Disney say “enter at your own risk, we aren’t responsible beyond these reasonable precautions we have taken (sanitizing, marking 6 foot distances, etc)”?

because they have access to some of the top health experts in the world who say this is what’s necessary to operate safely for guests and cast. yes they want to open but they want to minimize risk or an outbreak on property which could take years to recover from pr-wise, especially if creates a spike in the area big enough they have to close again.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Interesting note coming out of Japan about screaming while riding attractions. I wonder if this might be encouraged here to reduce spreading particles with the virus? We've all seen the video of the sneeze, screaming while riding could be even worse as those behind you would then move right into those particles.

Yet another twist.

The Mom

Premium Member
WDW will be reopening, Covid-19 will still be around for a while, and masks will be required. Whether or not masks are effective, people will obey the rules, masks will be too uncomfortable, etc are moot points. So please limit discussion to what is actually happening - not "what ifs?"

carolina_yankee

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but who in the hell would want to be at a DVC resort when literally every park is closed and all non-DVC resorts are closed? What the heck would there even be to do? Where would you eat? What would you do for entertainment? I‘m sorry, but it will be utterly unforgivable if WDW screws over people with DVC bookings between 6/22 and 7/11.

Plenty of DVC remembers would roll with it. If I had a reservation in that time period I would keep it and finally try out Universal. I would suspect any restaurant attached to the resort would be open, at least QS, and there is DS. Plus DVC members do cook in their villas (though we’ll have to see what Disney chooses to remove from the villas since it was rumored cookware would be removed).

Most DVC resorts are reasonably good to hang at. Sure, if it was a park-focused trip, there would be some re-evaluation, but many DVC members will only visit the parks over a couple of days of their stay. I specifically booked AKV for my stay in August just in case parks would be very restricted. That would be a great place to hang for a much needed escape. The only reason I’m wavering on it is the unknown about the Florida quarantine expiration for NJ residents and that friends have bailed and are opting for Savannah instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom