News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Bob Harlem

Looks like park hours have shrank at Disney also (similar to what Universal is doing), Magic Kingdom closing at 7pm (from 10pm) on most days.

Animal Kingdom to 6pm.

surfsupdon

When the DVC Resorts open, prior to the theme parks, has there yet been any indication if Guests can purchase food and beverage....or would Guests bring their own and cook meals in the rooms? Do we know if any Disney Dining will be open at the Resorts?

surfsupdon

I tried asking a CM and they could not vouch what would be both closed and open.
Thanks for trying. I know it is still early. But I would imagine that if I had a Studio booked, I would rely on Resort and Springs dining instead of in room dining. And with DVC mostly a separate adjacent building, I wonder if the main Resort building would be open to eat. Example BCV and the Beach Club Marketplace or Hanna's being open. Many DVC get their standard amenities from the adjacent Deluxe ie food, feature pool, fitness room etc

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The updated park hours reflect a significantly shortened operating schedule than previously published. Here are the latest park hours updates for each park as of publish time"

Magic Kingdom -

Removed park hours prior to July 11th
Shortened park hours from 10pm close to 7pm close

Disney’s Animal Kingdom -

Removed park hours prior to July 11th
Shortened park hours from 8:30pm close to 6pm close, moved park opening from 9am to 8am

Disney’s Hollywood Studios -

Removed park hours prior to July 15th
Shortened park hours from 9pm close to 8pm close, moved opening from 9am to 10am

EPCOT -

Removed park hours prior to July 15th
Shortened park hours from 9am park opening to 11am park opening

sedati

In relation to your point on following rules, it won’t happen. Some people have already said they don’t intend to follow them. Many others who have good intentions are going to fall victim to the heat and humidity. If the choice is follow a rule or pass out people will take the masks off. That’s going to lead to guest on guest conflict. We’ve seen videos from all over of people confronting other people in stores over masks. Disney isn’t exempt from that. Kids are going to be the biggest problem. When a 3 year old won’t keep their mask on but someone calls out the parents that’s a recipe for fireworks. Since those are the only fireworks people will see I guess just sit back and enjoy, but it doesn’t sound ”magical” to me.
All you need is one big family of worst offenders. Let them get loud. Repeatedly offer them the option to comply. Then boot them out. No refunds. It will certainly make these boards and will probably make the news. "FAMILY OUT $700 FOR REFUSING TO FOLLOW SAFETY GUIDELINES!" If something like that trends, other people will think twice. Cautionary tales are useful, heck, the foundation of Disney is built on such Grimm tales.

TrojanUSC

apologies if this was brought up already. i haven’t scrolled through all the pages. i heard disney is encouraging cashless payments while on property. i was wondering if it’s something they’re going to make mandatory. only asking because we usually bring cash with us to avoid using our cards. thanks for any help.

At one point a few of the resorts went to cashless payments only. Not sure if they are still doing that.

Use ApplePay. Safe and secure and sanitary.

Hello guys,

The reopening plan I honestly do not see logical, too preventive.

1.- Elimination of parades.
2.- Elimination of fireworks.
3.- Elimination of characters meet and greet.
4.- Elimination of park hopper with park reservations.
5.- Elimination of number of buses, monorail, etc.
6.- Fewer opening hours of each park. three hours less in magic kingdom, two hours less in Animal, two and a half in total in Hollywood and two in EPCOT.
7.- Changes in health insurance included in our reservations excluding COVID 19
8.- Reduction of the Halloween party predictably to its minimum expression.
9.- Elimination of the buffet of characters.
10.- Exaggerated loss of freedom of movement.
11.- Resort pools closed.

They are making a mistake, if they keep that will be the ruin of disneyworld, it is not sustainable to travel to Disneyworld like this.

What do You think?

Thanks

ImperfectPixie

Hello guys,

6.- Fewer opening hours of each park. three hours less in magic kingdom, two hours less in Animal, two and a half in total in Hollywood and two in EPCOT.

They are making a mistake, if they keep that will be the ruin of disneyworld, it is not sustainable to travel to Disneyworld like this.

What do You think?

Thanks
Disney needs to re-open the parks and resorts...there are lots of locals and people who live within driving distance who have APs and can visit for a few hours and leave if they wish - I know if I were one of them, and my husband wasn't high risk, I'd be heading to the parks just to spend some time in them for a while.

t3techcom18

Hello guys,

What do You think?

Thanks

A necessary evil for only a small ounce of time in an unprecedented period.

Miss Bella

I think Disney has thrown in the towel on hoping to open with less restrictions. It sounded like maybe that was their plan at one point but Universal jumped the gun and announced a shotgun reopening. They fell victim to peer pressure and we get this plan. There are so many logistical nightmares around this reopening. If Disney waited a little longer there’s a shot they could have opened with much fewer restrictions. They would have come out of this looking so much better and would,have never had to compromise customer experience to this extent. Guests wouldn’t be forced to jump through all these hoops all while paying top dollar for the right. It’s going to leave a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. Will it matter long term? Probably not.

In relation to your point on following rules, it won’t happen. Some people have already said they don’t intend to follow them. Many others who have good intentions are going to fall victim to the heat and humidity. If the choice is follow a rule or pass out people will take the masks off. That’s going to lead to guest on guest conflict. We’ve seen videos from all over of people confronting other people in stores over masks. Disney isn’t exempt from that. Kids are going to be the biggest problem. When a 3 year old won’t keep their mask on but someone calls out the parents that’s a recipe for fireworks. Since those are the only fireworks people will see I guess just sit back and enjoy, but it doesn’t sound ”magical” to me.
Children bodies heat up faster and they aren’t able to get rid of heat as quickly. I fear there will be some heat related incidents. Parents need to be diligent about keeping an eye on your kids for symptoms if you’re going during this time period.
I also don’t think CM’s are going to reprimand someone if they are obviously overheated. I would hope other guest wouldn’t be that obnoxious. Most people are helpful when they see someone in distress.

DC0703

Hello guys,

What do You think?

Thanks

There's a pandemic going on. They are taking steps to open responsibly, as opposed to staying closed indefinitely. Simply throwing open the doors without making changes could be a disaster.

All of these things will be back when conditions improve. Some maybe even sooner. I would guess they are taking things one step at a time, with their first goal of simply getting the doors open without becoming a COVID hotspot. Be patient.

Miss Bella

Hello guys,

What do You think?

Thanks
Have the said the pools are closed?

Getachew

Looks like park hours have shrank at Disney also (similar to what Universal is doing), Magic Kingdom closing at 7pm (from 10pm) on most days.

Animal Kingdom to 6pm.

Epcot open the latest. But also doesn't open until 11 which should effect breakfast.

Same for DHS too for that matter with regards to their 10 am opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom