News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a current look inside Launch Bay

Star-Wars-Launch-Bay_Full_47301.jpg

Piebald

I know everyone isn't a fan of M&G but this is a good thing. The parks need more things to thin out the insane lines. You throw in Mandalorian into launch bay and you probably have as many people waiting for that as you would for any regular attraction or show and help alleviate the crowds.

ToTBellHop

I know everyone isn't a fan of M&G but this is a good thing. The parks need more things to thin out the insane lines. You throw in Mandalorian into launch bay and you probably have as many people waiting for that as you would for any regular attraction or show and help alleviate the crowds.
Of course it is needed. If only they had an enormous, lifeless Star Wars land that would be better if it were filled will characters and droids, freeing up Launch Bay for an Animation Courtyard expansion.

ToTBellHop

The fact that they don't understand this is mind-boggling to me. DHS needs a ton of extra stuff to do that's not rides and shows.
I think they imagine people care more about the supposed realism of Batuu than they really do. People would excitedly line up to meet Vader. They wouldn’t question the already-imperfect timeline. Somehow we can ignore the timeline in Avengers Campus but not here? Batuu would’ve existed throughout all 9 films. Anyone could appear there.

drizgirl

I think they imagine people care more about the supposed realism of Batuu than they really do. People would excitedly line up to meet Vader. They wouldn’t question the already-imperfect timeline. Somehow we can ignore the timeline in Avengers Campus but not here? Batuu would’ve existed throughout all 9 films. Anyone could appear there.
^^Exactly this.

Communicora

Premium Member
I wholeheartedly agree. They got obsessed with creating a "canon" environment in order to please a segment of fans, but most people visiting the theme parks just want to be in a fun Star Wars environment and don't care if it is all mashed together. They could have just gone strict timeline within the context of rides.

yensidtlaw1969

The crux of the problem with Galaxy's Edge, to me, is that they use "Immersion" as an excuse not to do fun things, rather than conceiving what would be fun for the guest and then simply making that as immersive as possible.

The formula is backwards and it's palpable in the result.

SpectroMagician

The crux of the problem with Galaxy's Edge, to me, is that they use "Immersion" as an excuse not to do fun things, rather than conceiving what would be fun for the guest and then simply making that as immersive as possible.

The formula is backwards and it's palpable in the result.
The other problem with the "immersion" they have built is that it is based off movies/stories that people do not care about. If it was based around the OT (or if they didn't make trash new movies) then people would care a lot more.

Indy_UK

Of course it is needed. If only they had an enormous, lifeless Star Wars land that would be better if it were filled will characters and droids, freeing up Launch Bay for an Animation Courtyard expansion.

Agreed but I think they are only doing it to try and spread the guests out more anyway they can

yensidtlaw1969

The other problem with the "immersion" they have built is that it is based off movies/stories that people do not care about. If it was based around the OT (or if they didn't make trash new movies) then people would care a lot more.
Exactly - it would be more fun for the guest if a Star Wars Land granted them access to characters from across the full width of the franchise, but since that would bend the "immersion" of who could plausibly be mat at Batuu at any one particular time they don't dare.

They understand fully that guests want to be able to meet both Darth Vader AND Kylo Ren, but rather than just try to find the most immersive way of making that possible they've just decided that it isn't, despite how fun it would be. Backwards formula.

mattpeto

While I agree that Launch Bay would be better off as something else all together, I appreciate the immersiveness: the timeline, characers and story elements of Batuu. It also integrates with Starcruiser, which is an important component in all of this.

Besides, Launch Bay, there is plenty of space to have legacy characters present at the rest of the park. Add Mando and Grogu video in Star Tours.

Put a Mando/Grogu M&G at Celebrity Spotlight or at Launch Bay. Throw Olaf at Disney Jr area.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Yeah, 95% of guests just call it “Star Wars Land”, anyway. Most of them don’t know what Batuu or Galaxy’s Edge is.

Last edited:

doctornick

Even so, no reason they couldn’t have at least R2/3P0/BB8 and Chewy meet within GE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom