News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

Fox&Hound

Ughhhh just bulldoze this building already. Agree with the other posters that they were foolish to make Galaxy's Edge time specific, especially when most guests don't care. I did read somewhere a genius idea, where they take Jan-April and make GE themed to the prequel trilogies, May-Sept for the original, and Oct-Dec for the new movies. It would mean swapping out some characters and changing the style of ships but if they insist on keeping it time specific (foolish), this is a good way around that.

Touchdown

Ughhhh just bulldoze this building already. Agree with the other posters that they were foolish to make Galaxy's Edge time specific, especially when most guests don't care. I did read somewhere a genius idea, where they take Jan-April and make GE themed to the prequel trilogies, May-Sept for the original, and Oct-Dec for the new movies. It would mean swapping out some characters and changing the style of ships but if they insist on keeping it time specific (foolish), this is a good way around that.
While it seems very likely they could change Rise to the OT timeline I do not see how it could be set in the prequels (the stormtroopers, or should I say clone troopers, are the good guys, you would need to change all of them out for battle droids, there is no masked dark side user, and with the clone army and Jedi no reason civilians need to volunteer for military service.)

pantalones79

While it seems very likely they could change Rise to the OT timeline I do not see how it could be set in the prequels (the stormtroopers, or should I say clone troopers, are the good guys, you would need to change all of them out for battle droids, there is no masked dark side user, and with the clone army and Jedi no reason civilians need to volunteer for military service.)
Which is a shame for the three people who would want the land to be set during the prequel trilogy.

RSoxNo1

There isn’t enough reason to lock in a specific timeline for galaxy’s edge. Doing so was incredibly shortsighted and completely unnecessary.

Look no further than Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. The ride is technically set after the events of the first movie, but you have full size adult Groot in the attraction because that’s what fans want.

One of the biggest issues with any theme park land anywhere, is when creators come in after the fact and add to it. It is very difficult to do without theme dilution, and further restricting a theme by setting it in a specific timeline makes it that much tougher to modify.

MagicHappens1971

There isn’t enough reason to lock in a specific timeline for galaxy’s edge. Doing so was incredibly shortsighted and completely unnecessary.

Look no further than Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. The ride is technically set after the events of the first movie, but you have full size adult Groot in the attraction because that’s what fans want.

One of the biggest issues with any theme park land anywhere, is when creators come in after the fact and add to it. It is very difficult to do without theme dilution, and further restricting a theme by setting it in a specific timeline makes it that much tougher to modify.
The ride is technically not set after the first film. All Marvel theme park attractions exist outside of the MCU. Which actually in a way solves the problems you've mentioned, allowing them to do whatever they want.

Anteater

The ride is technically not set after the first film. All Marvel theme park attractions exist outside of the MCU. Which actually in a way solves the problems you've mentioned, allowing them to do whatever they want.
Every time I ask my oldest DS to explain the movies, this comes up. 🙄 Makes trying to follow the MCU movies frustrating for someone not in-the-know and trying to catch up. I've given up!

GE looks star warsy. Kinda like waking up and mis-remembering the OG trilogy. I know I should recognize that. But, somehow, I don't. RoTR looks great and the walk through to the ride is amazing. But, too many shops and not enough experiences for me.

Only other analogy I can think of is The Moopets; they look familiar, but "off". 🤣

DCBaker

Premium Member
Characters are back at the the Disney Visa Photo Spot in EPCOT -

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 8.51.02 PM.png

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

herc1517

According to the new map outside of Guest Relations, the Imagination Pavilion is in World Celebration (colored blue) and not part of World Nature.

RememberWhen

Fine print on card benefits says maximum 6 people per card member.
But they’re usually pretty reasonable if there isn’t a huge line. We’ve done groups of more than 6 without a problem. But we did one group picture and one of the characters and little kids. Not a bunch of individual pictures.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I mean this is good, but who would bother doing social distancing meet and greet?

It's like a prison visit.
Yikes! Me it is why I didn’t return until May 2022 And We average 5 visits per year Pre pandemic. LAnd then only cause my son got married down there This month. As Americans we as a whole lack thoughtful respect for others health.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom