Walt Disney World Update - 9/05 (Pt. 1)

Capt. Jack

Original Poster
Hi,

I'm currently posting from our hotel room at the Beach Club giving you guys a few updates/thoughts on stuff, & I will be posting pictures once I get back home & I'll also be posting more updates if I see/feel the need too! Let us begin!

Magic Kingdom;
- Haunted Mansion looks like it is coming along really nicely, & i'm hoping we get to ride it before leaving next Monday. I saw some other threads saying that they are doing a.."sorta" soft opening allowing guests at a time to be able to ride it. If we're lucky enough to get on, I pretty much video tape everything, i'll record it & post it!

- The Night of Joy stage is up, which is this coming weekend, if i'm correct. It is located near the Tea-Cups & Winnie the Pooh.

Epcot
- Ride times are getting shorter (yay!), which is never a bad thing. However; Monday, Test Track went down & Soarin's time was at 50 Minutes, where Mission: Space was near 1 Hour, 20 Minutes. :eek:

- "Journey Into the Imagination," went down Monday for around 10-15 minutes, which if you break down at the end..its absolutely a nightmare! I wish someone would've had a gun to put me out my misery. Alls you hear is "Imagination" replaying over & over & over again. Yea, you get the point & i'm sure you have an idea of HOW annoying it can get.

- There are walls around the area near the McDonalds counter service, which is right next to Canada. I'm guessing this is due to the Food & Wine Festival.

- Covers are over the bottom half of China's main building.

- The Seagulls mouths are still not moving infront of Nemo.

Disney's MGM Studios
- Rock -n- Roller Coaster is officially closed for the month. It was at least a 45 minute wait Monday night (late night), & Tower of Terror was around 5-10 minutes. However; I found it ridiculous how they continously let on Fast Passers that late at night for Rock -n- Roller Coaster. Oh well, I guess they just wanted people to use them since it'll be closed. They also added/changed the line set-up & added a few new things in the area when boarding the ride, & the ride even felt smoother. Why are they actually closing it?

- A huge wall is infront of Star Wars, which if walking from the Prime-Time Cafe area, towards the ride, it almost looks like its closed, but have no fear - its not! When riding this ride, you can see why they're updating it & I think it'll be great after they do so.

- I saw/met Lightning McQueen & To-mater. Lightning McQueen had a few slashes in his tires, some water in his gas, & supposidly tried driving off a cliff. (You'll get it if you know the voice of him, & what happened recently - Owen Wilson)..Anywayssss!

Animal Kingdom
- The Line for "Finding Nemo: The Musical" was so long, it curved around below the legs of the tall Dinosaur which is the entrance, if you're walking from Mt. Everest.

- Mt. Everest wait time was around 15-20 Minutes, not bad at all!

- Yak & Yeti look's like it'll be really awesome, & they had people working hard on it Tuesday morning.

Other
- Waiters/Waitresses have been acting a tad "ruder," which i'm sure is due to people using the dining plan. We spoke with some of them, & they were saying how next year is going to be alot worse, because people will just automatically leave after they're done eating, & completely forget that they won't be getting tipped next year! I find it quite rude/retarded.

Reviews
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (Rating: 4/10): Yes, I know, I rated it so low! I agree, the animation/interactive style of this show is incredible, but it's one of those shows that people will maybe feel "self-concious" if put on the big screen, when they really don't want too. I realize they shouldn't be, but some woman Sunday night (Magic Kingdom Late Night) was trying to move away & kept shaking her head no because she didn't wanna do it. However; that being said, this show isn't one of "those" shows that you can go & watch more then even once, if that all, on your trip.

- The Seas with Nemo & Friends (Rating: 9/10): I absolutely loved this ride, because it showed that Disney World could still show its classic side of creating rides. (Unlike Monsters Inc.)

- Grand Fiesta Tour (Rating: 8/10): I think it was alot better then I was expecting, & I even chuckled a little. I will still miss the classic side of this ride though.

- O, Canada! 360 (Rating: 9/10): I didn't see the original, although i've been to Disney World alot. I found this to be really entertaining & funny, because Martin Short is a funny guy. My overall thought though is that I really liked it, one of the only 360's I can actually go rewatch.

Well, that's it for today. I promise to have alot more in the very upcoming future. I'm still here, so maybe i'll see some of you guys while i'm down here! :)

Shere_Khan

Awesome report! Thank you!

I was wondering something about the Grand Fiesta Tour ride so I guess I will just ask you. :)
Is the Arucuan (sp?) bird from the movie The Three Cabalerros in the ride at all?

Capt. Jack

Original Poster
Nope, I did not see him at all! I will focus at all points of the ride (even more) to see if I notice him though. Right now though, i'm saying nope. :) This was my first report by the way, so!

Capt. Jack

Original Poster
Also, the crowds are starting to become smaller since school started. Since i'm homeschooled, & this is my senior year, I enjoy bragging to my friends since they're in school & i'm in Disney World.

Disneyfan1981

- I saw/met Lightning McQueen & To-mater. Lightning McQueen had a few slashes in his tires, some water in his gas, & supposidly tried driving off a cliff. (You'll get it if you know the voice of him, & what happened recently - Owen Wilson)..Anywayssss!

Bad Form.....:zipit: :D

the-reason14

Also, the crowds are starting to become smaller since school started. Since i'm homeschooled, & this is my senior year, I enjoy bragging to my friends since they're in school & i'm in Disney World.

Yes, thats exaclty what I wanted to hear, will be heading down there this Fri. cant wait. And lol about you telling your friends, Hey your at school and Im in WDW, that sounds like something I would do.

stalkingmickey

I am was MGM on Monday for EMH. I used a fastpass from earlier in they day when the ride actually broke down. By 11pm I walk on R&RC 3 times in a row. From 11pm to close the ride was pretty empty.

PeoplemoverTTA

Thanks for the update, although I have to say that joking about someone trying to take his own life is never funny.

I only hope no one here has to suffer from such a tragedy.

Joking about celebrities is funny, when it's Britney walking around in her underwear like an idiot. Someone feeling so much despair he felt inclined to try and take his life...never funny.

mrssparrow

Thanks for the update, although I have to say that joking about someone trying to take his own life is never funny.

I only hope no one here has to suffer from such a tragedy.

Joking about celebrities is funny, when it's Britney walking around in her underwear like an idiot. Someone feeling so much despair he felt inclined to try and take his life...never funny.

Agreed! I didn't find that funny at all, whether it was lightening mcqueen or not.... :(

Aside, I have a personal difference/belief between nemo and monster's inc. I found nemo to be boring after two window views of the ride... and found monster's inc to be quite funny as we went to it a few times and had different experiences each time.. some of the same jokes, but not that many really.

yodathefrog

Other
- Waiters/Waitresses have been acting a tad "ruder," which i'm sure is due to people using the dining plan. We spoke with some of them, & they were saying how next year is going to be alot worse, because people will just automatically leave after they're done eating, & completely forget that they won't be getting tipped next year! I find it quite rude/retarded.

I disagree...I have been using the Dining Plan this trip (9/2-9/8), and we have had some of the BEST waiters/waitresses that we've had yet. This continues the great track record for service since first going to WDW, which has been for 20 years. Still waiting on finding that "rude" waiter/waitress...

Chape19714

- There are walls around the area near the McDonalds counter service, which is right next to Canada. I'm guessing this is due to the Food & Wine Festival.
Yep, that's for the Festival!

- The Line for "Finding Nemo: The Musical" was so long, it curved around below the legs of the tall Dinosaur which is the entrance, if you're walking from Mt. Everest.

Actually that's pretty short...most of the summer, the line stretched to Chester and Hester's store :eek: Needless to say, not everyone got in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom