News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Touchdown

Supposedly, “DVC Sorcerer” may also get its own park reservation allocation to ensure DVC members are able to visit the parks they want to. So, I guess you’d technically have a better shot at getting a reservation with Sorcerer than Incredipass in this scenario since they aren’t checking affiliation.
I don’t see why they don’t just lump them and anyone staying at a resort in the same bucket.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I am not a DVC owner but come on Disney, GIVE AN AP DISCOUNT TO DVC members!!!
These folks are literally invested in WDW!
My understanding is that all parks-related DVC "perks" (think discounts) are negotiated between DVD and DPEP and must be paid for. Not sure how Moonlight Magic works from that standpoint. I could be wrong, so if anyone knows more about that, feel free to correct me.

zappy

I think I know the answer to this question but is the $1399 incredi-pass the all-in price or is that the pre-tax price? Excited to try and grab AP's for my myself, wife and daughter for the first time. :)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Where are you coming from? Major cities shouldn’t be that high, even cross country, so long as it isn’t a spur of the moment trip.

I just flew non-stop, round-trip from Atlanta to Los Angelos for ~$140. You can get tickets routinely for under $200. Atlanta to NYC or for instance Orlando can get as low as $35 non-stop, round-trip but a good deal is around $55.

Though, I don’t travel with checked bags unless I’m flying internationally, as I think they’re an extra hassle and of course a waste of money, so if you do, prices would obviously be a bit higher than that.
We only fly Delta (We've flown many other airlines. None of them have provided a good experience.). They own 80% of the gates at MSP, so prices are higher anywhere we want to go, but it doesn't matter who we would fly, it's more expensive out of MSP.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but at all levels, NEW WDW APs have blackout dates.

The Incredi-Pass has no blockout dates.

Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 10.04.31 AM.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yup. Blue Ocean my Lampwick. There is a reason they started selling AP in the first place, Iger sought to find the maximum amount of money he could extract from the consumer and found it.

The problem now is, the consumer has lost purchasing power over the last 2 years and can no longer afford what they used to. Couple that with the company cutting costs to the bone such that they know any further cuts will impact revenue further. Disney is now too costly for that family from Denver. Now Mr Iger needs to somehow explain to Wall Street why net revenue is about to fall in the park division and why they need to spend more cap ex in order to maintain that revenue. All at the same time that the studio is floundering and D+ is sinking under its weight.

New Blood is desperately needed.
1680789936533.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bad. What used to be a $300-350 ticket for us to get to the swamps is now routinely $500 or more. Even to get to Atlanta is double what it was pre-pandemic.
Well everything is 200% what it was 3 years ago…breaking news.
But I’m seeing $200 ish all over the place from New York, Philly to a ton of places
Where are you coming from? Major cities shouldn’t be that high, unless you’re flying one of the overpriced airlines (*cough cough* Delta, United, American) even cross country, so long as it isn’t a spur of the moment trip.

I just flew non-stop, round-trip from Atlanta to Los Angelos for ~$140. You can get tickets routinely for under $200 cross country out of major cities. Atlanta to NYC or, for instance Orlando, can get as low as $35 non-stop, round-trip but a good deal is around $55. If you’re flying from a major hub, it should come in lower than that.

Though, I don’t travel with checked bags unless I’m flying internationally, as I think they’re an extra hassle and of course a waste of money, so if you do, prices would obviously be a bit higher than that.
…I think he should drive from Atlanta 😎👍🏻🤫

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I predicted this. Post Covid boom and with their prices now, lower and less frequent repeat guests ESPECIALLY when they weren’t selling APs
Well it had to Happen at some point. There are limits to largesse.

But the key economic indicators are not really good if history has any value. Which Wall Street will of course try to talk/sidestep it’s way around

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well everything is 200% what it was 3 years ago…breaking news.
But I’m seeing $200 ish all over the place from New York, Philly to a ton of places

…I think he should drive from Atlanta 😎👍🏻🤫
Well, it was $99 RT from MSP to ATL in 2021. :D

And when you're the only major airport within 400 miles...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here's the DVC email since I didn't see it posted yet:
Dear Member,

We’ve received a lot of Member feedback about one topic in particular: Annual Passes. We’ve been listening and understand that for many Members, Annual Passes enhance their Disney experience. Today I’m pleased to share great news with you: new sales of all Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes will resume on April 20.

That alone is good news. But we have even better news to share. Eligible Members* may purchase the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass online starting April 13 – a full week before sales of all Annual Passes resume for all Guests. Passes or a pass type are subject to limited availability and may not be available at any given time. The DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass is expected to be on sale more often throughout the year, even when the pass is not broadly available for sale to Florida Residents.**

I know our Members have a strong connection to our company, and am glad more of you will now have the opportunity to be part of the Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passholder family.

For information on the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass, including pricing and eligibility, please visit the Walt Disney World Annual Pass website.

Here’s to many more years of making wonderful memories!
So anyone wonder why “a week early” matters?

I have a hunch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom