News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It now seems to be accepting people into the queue

IMG_0419.jpeg

BroganMc

I was part of the crowd that tried to buy passes at 6:00 a.m. it kept crashing when you tried to check out. But then at 9:00 a.m. suddenly the checkout process worked. Then they implemented the virtual cue.

So nice of them to use DVC members as the guinea pigs. Good luck to everybody trying to buy on 4/20!

BroganMc

Not at all. What this is is Disney's refusal to sell AP's to DVC for 18 months and those DVC people who have been ready, willing, and able to use their points to book rooms and visit the parks wanting to buy something that has been available to them for well over a decade until $lappie decided APs were a bad thing and the family from Denver was more important than loyal guests who have already handed over tens of thousands of dollars to the company.

No APs until today and coincidentally, as of last night availability at most DVC resorts (outside of rooms at the lowest points... point...) is wide open through the end of the year... 🤔
Very true.

This is also why DVC has been telling members they expect the sorcerer pass to be available to them throughout the year even when it's not available to Florida residents.

Obviously the bean counters did not calculate the profitability of DVC members as annual passholders. Or the impact of not selling APs on direct DVC sales.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Very true.

This is also why DVC has been telling members they expect the sorcerer pass to be available to them throughout the year even when it's not available to Florida residents.

Obviously the bean counters did not calculate the profitability of DVC members as annual passholders. Or the impact of not selling APs on direct DVC sales.
This has come up over multiple threads: forgive my ignorance…but I have not seen anything resembling a promise that dvc will have access to passes on anything resembling a permanent basis?

They should…but i have not seen it

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Very true.

That, or someone came to the conclusion that DVC people and APs don't spend any money in the parks and thus need to be forced to buy regular tickets. Coming out of the Covid closure, there were so many points needing to be used, I bet someone thought that activity would go on in perpetuity. Looking at DVC room availability the rest of the year... that worked out well. 🤦‍♂️

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This has come up over multiple threads: forgive my ignorance…but I have not seen anything resembling a promise that dvc will have access to passes on anything resembling a permanent basis?

They don't. But someone finally got a clue and realized they should at least be able to purchase them, even though the perk (the decade-plus-long discount) was taken away because Bob & Josh wanted more money from DVC for it.

Edit: And DVC should absolutely have AP access and a discount. The prices people pay should MORE than cover the cost.

Disney Glimpses

The plan, internally, is to continue Sorcerer to DVC members for the foreseeable future. The lack of sales had a material impact on DVC sales and selling APs to DVC members doesn't impact attendance (these folks are visiting anyways).

However, in an email to DVC members, they stopped short of guaranteeing this and simply told members that the passes are "expected to be on sale more often throughout the year, even when the pass is not broadly available for sale to Florida Residents."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They don't. But someone finally got a clue and realized they should at least be able to purchase them, even though the perk (the decade-long discount) was taken away because Bob & Josh wanted more money from DVC for it.
My point is I have not seen this fabled email guaranteeing dvc access?

Maybe I’m on the dvc blackball list? 🤪

…it’s about time 😇

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The plan, internally, is to not stop selling APs to DVC members ever. The lack of sales had a material impact on DVC sales and selling APs to DVC member doesn't impact attendance (these folks are visiting anyways).

However, they stopped short of guaranteeing this and simply told members that the passes are "expected to be on sale more often throughout the year, even when the pass is not broadly available for sale to Florida Residents."
Ahhhh

…so that rumor and $2 will get me on a Lynx bus?

Good if true. But Iger is a slime bucket so that’s not reassuring

Disney Glimpses

Ahhhh

…so that rumor and $2 will get me on a Lynx bus?

Good if true. But Iger is a slime bucket so that’s not reassuring
Disney is careful with their language because we hold them accountable every single time. If they said forever, we'd hold them to that. There are extenuating circumstances that are highly unlikely to happen that would suspend AP sales across the board and that's what I am told that wording refers to. The plan is that they will continue to be sold to DVC members no matter what.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The plan, internally, is to continue Sorcerer to DVC members for the foreseeable future. The lack of sales had a material impact on DVC sales and selling APs to DVC members doesn't impact attendance (these folks are visiting anyways)
Best news I’ve heard all day and makes sense.

Wait…is Disney actually doing something that makes sense now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom