News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Disney Glimpses

Best news I’ve heard all day and makes sense.

Wait…is Disney actually doing something that makes sense now?
My information is a bit light on this side of things, but as far as I understand it, work needed to be done to handle reservations for DVC APs separately as to not impact the pool of reservations for non-DVC APs. Or something along those lines. Now the affiliation is piped into the reservation system.

Touchdown

I strongly suspect Incrdipasses, like their MK counterparts are also always going to be for sale. It seems they found a price that is profitable for them and doesn’t affect attendance. We’ll see.

Zipadeelady

Question for Florida residents..

My daughter is a new resident and is wanting to buy the pirate pass. What is the process for getting the pirate pass and prove that you are a Florida resident when you buy online? Am I able to buy it for her as a gift?

arich35

The wait is now less than a minute. Seems the virtual queue resolved the issue. I’m still amazed that wasn’t done to start with. Let’s see what happens for general sales on April 20.
If only they were smart enough to set up ticket upgrades for online so a bunch of us don't need to call in.

Gillyanne

Question for Florida residents..

My daughter is a new resident and is wanting to buy the pirate pass. What is the process for getting the pirate pass and prove that you are a Florida resident when you buy online? Am I able to buy it for her as a gift?

IIRC if she has a FL ID, there's a way to enter that information online for validation. Otherwise it may still be as long as she's got the FL address on her profile, she can access FL purchases, but may need to validate residency before first use (usually at a GS window). It may also require the credit card used to have a FL address, so if it's not updated, I'd suggest to do it now so that it processes in time.

ETA this snip (we already have passes, so I can't see what it'll look like for new)
1681402536387.png

Dad 2 M & M

...and yet, look at all the people trying to throw their money at Disney. :rolleyes:
It never ends……or even approaches the point of Price Elasticity …. They CAN keep on moving prices upward without a decrease in QuantityDemanded

1) DVC members are given this “first in line” jewel today

2) many are commenting “DVC peeps buying an AP will not increase attendance”

3) “they are attending anyway”

A captured base doesn’t have to be thrown any jewels …. See #3 above

Zipadeelady

IIRC if she has a FL ID, there's a way to enter that information online for validation. Otherwise it may still be as long as she's got the FL address on her profile, she can access FL purchases, but may need to validate residency before first use (usually at a GS window). It may also require the credit card used to have a FL address, so if it's not updated, I'd suggest to do it now so that it processes in time.

ETA this snip (we already have passes, so I can't see what it'll look like for new)
View attachment 710188
Thank so much for the info. I know she still has an out of state drivers license. She did purchase a Universal Annual Pass with a bill with her Florida address so hopefully it will be the same with Disney, just wasn't sure how it would work with the on line purchases but validating with GS on first use makes sense.

BrianLo

I really don't think Chapek was referring to the DVC crowd as the undesirables. They are a very different market than the California locals Ubering to the park on a Friday night. For that reason I highly suspect an AP product will remain available to that cohort.

There is a huge amount of direct points they sell to current members, even if they are "captured", Disney knows they can still be further upsold. Particularly in light of the Disneyland villas they want to sell current WDW membership on.

Disney Glimpses

I really don't think Chapek was referring to the DVC crowd as the undesirables. They are a very different market than the California locals Ubering to the park on a Friday night. For that reason I highly suspect an AP product will remain available to that cohort.

There is a huge amount of direct points they sell to current members, even if they are "captured", Disney knows they can still be further upsold. Particularly in light of the Disneyland villas they want to sell current WDW membership on.
The undesirables are the people who spend little to no extra money with Disney other than their AP (bring their own food, for example).

BrianLo

Then why were California locals able to buy passes and DVC weren’t?

WDW is/was swamped and Chapek had no idea what he was doing. But I just don't think the DVC crowd is internally seen as 'undesirable' attendance mix.

The DL magic key were also more overhauled than the product they used to be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney is careful with their language because we hold them accountable every single time. If they said forever, we'd hold them to that. There are extenuating circumstances that are highly unlikely to happen that would suspend AP sales across the board and that's what I am told that wording refers to. The plan is that they will continue to be sold to DVC members no matter what.
Those circumstances are gonna happen because there’s literally almost zero chance of this economic slide not rolling out. The stock market is expected to slide between 27 and 50% by the end of 2024 and travel is already on that trajectory.
It’s a lot of things…but mostly consumer credit.
Even groceries fell in March…because it went way too far.

So Disney needs the business…they need Florida and they really need dvc…

They’ll never admit it…which luckily doesn’t affect the truth at all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom