News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

PaulZ

I find the term undesirable to be insulting. I’ve had annual passes and hope I can get them again next week. There’s many times we’ve taken our food in. But we’ve also bought some drinks, some food, some snacks, and thanks to kids quite a lot of merch. But the reason some don’t spend much else there is because they spent their allotted entertainment dollars on the passes. I think I’d be just as happy to have them there as anyone else. Because as their situation financially improves, they are likely to spend their $ at the theme parks they are already visiting, are attached to, and love.

Jrb1979

As you should. It’s a quote from Bob Chapek. It was actually “unfavorable attendance mix.”
To be fair they obviously still feel that way they just don't come out and say it.

I will add that it's night and day how the majority of other parks treat their pass holders compared to Disney. Disney wants to limit sales where contrast that with my local park that just sold close to 1 million passes for this summer.

WDWFanDave

Are you logged in with your DVC account?
Sharing that after I waited on the queue, the site wouldn’t let me log in. I finally called DVC Member Services, and after another half hour wait, got a great person to take my money and they even linked them to my family in MDE. End result was success, but it followed a total of about four hours of waiting. Despicable tech.

Thanks to everyone that shared their experiences too!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I find the term undesirable to be insulting. I’ve had annual passes and hope I can get them again next week. There’s many times we’ve taken our food in. But we’ve also bought some drinks, some food, some snacks, and thanks to kids quite a lot of merch. But the reason some don’t spend much else there is because they spent their allotted entertainment dollars on the passes. I think I’d be just as happy to have them there as anyone else. Because as their situation financially improves, they are likely to spend their $ at the theme parks they are already visiting, are attached to, and love.
I think the term is what we feel they are projecting - channeling years of Iger/rasulo/chapek comments…

They have made a lot of inferences.

It’s not a personal affront. Not personal.

Now I do think you can understand from Disney perspective they DO prefer Those that buy everything on-site with little inhibition

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sharing that after I waited on the queue, the site wouldn’t let me log in. I finally called DVC Member Services, and after another half hour wait, got a great person to take my money and they even linked them to my family in MDE. End result was success, but it followed a total of about four hours of waiting. Despicable tech.

Thanks to everyone that shared their experiences too!
I’m glad you made it through…it was really touch and go there for awhile 😱

pdude81

They’ve sold a timeshare specifically to use them for 30 years and haven’t sold the passes for essentially 3+ years

…didn’t catch that, huh?
Didn't you have a shot at one last year? And to be fair, they have been available for renewal throughout covid. I find it funny how many people are jumping through hoops to buy passes now when they are a worse value than when people cancelled 3 years ago.

pdude81

Disney is careful with their language because we hold them accountable every single time. If they said forever, we'd hold them to that. There are extenuating circumstances that are highly unlikely to happen that would suspend AP sales across the board and that's what I am told that wording refers to. The plan is that they will continue to be sold to DVC members no matter what.
They might as well stop selling hotel annual passes if they won't sell the same people park annual passes

pdude81

It never ends……or even approaches the point of Price Elasticity …. They CAN keep on moving prices upward without a decrease in QuantityDemanded

1) DVC members are given this “first in line” jewel today

2) many are commenting “DVC peeps buying an AP will not increase attendance”

3) “they are attending anyway”

A captured base doesn’t have to be thrown any jewels …. See #3 above
The captured may still come, but you kill the golden goose if you don't feed it

MagicRat

These really shouldn’t have been taken away…and was done so because they have mismanaged their capacity for 20 years abs their labor for 3

They’re also close to double the 2018 effective prices.
Yeah, you are forgetting a thing called the “Pandemic” their workflow still isn’t right. Did they use it as an excuse to cancel out the passes? Maybe. But yet they still allowed renewals.

We got rid of ours and banked everything we could. Why? Because it was bad money for us. Same theory.

We have a trip in a week and got lucky by hearing a rumor and not buying passes before we had to (I get it you could upgrade but that’s a lot of extra work for a week that is not busy).

Did the economy spur the renewals back? Maybe. We bought our first AP’s in the 90’s and yeah they are a lot more now but still an incredible deal compared to the daily price and guess what we are now borrowing forward because we can use them. It’s just like the kid in “Just Go With It”, he says if I got tokens in my pocket I want to spend them.

That’s how this stuff works, don’t be mad at the mouse be mad at the system. That system had gone on long before the Disney trap in Orlando, centuries long and its only going to get worse.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Didn't you have a shot at one last year? And to be fair, they have been available for renewal throughout covid. I find it funny how many people are jumping through hoops to buy passes now when they are a worse value than when people cancelled 3 years ago.
It’s not a contract. You should not have to renew on schedule to have one. Cause that makes it a contract without legalese.

And I think they were on sale for roughly 6 weeks? By loose math that was roughly 6 out of the last 155 weeks…

I did not buy/renew then…and leaning heavily agianst now…because of the lack of concern they showed for the valued customer. Yes…that still has tremendous value in business and it’s not their best course of action.

You sell timeshares to 15 blocks next to amusement parks and make no accommodation for entry other than what is offered to the residence inn at four Corners?

That scans?

I am a fan. I’m just not one that thinks that’s appropriate, I’m lucky…and I have a hard time “forgetting”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, you are forgetting a thing called the “Pandemic” their workflow still isn’t right. Did they use it as an excuse to cancel out the passes? Maybe. But yet they still allowed renewals.

We got rid of ours and banked everything we could. Why? Because it was bad money for us. Same theory.

We have a trip in a week and got lucky by hearing a rumor and not buying passes before we had to (I get it you could upgrade but that’s a lot of extra work for a week that is not busy).

Did the economy spur the renewals back? Maybe. We bought our first AP’s in the 90’s and yeah they are a lot more now but still an incredible deal compared to the daily price and guess what we are now borrowing forward because we can use them. It’s just like the kid in “Just Go With It”, he says if I got tokens in my pocket I want to spend them.

That’s how this stuff works, don’t be mad at the mouse be mad at the system. That system had gone on long before the Disney trap in Orlando, centuries long and its only going to get worse.
I don’t “forget” a thing….ever

You didn’t read the part about them mismanaging their capacity and labor…in succession.

On purpose…”tactics” by Bob (Iger)

…I’ll be your huckleberry on this one

MagicRat

I don’t “forget” a thing….ever

You didn’t read the part about them mismanaging their capacity and labor…in succession.

On purpose…”tactics” by Bob (Iger)

…I’ll be your huckleberry on this one
Seriously, are you just trying to be argumentative? Do you run a company? Have you had to deal with supply chain issues while making timelines or people happy with Mickey Ears? My little fiefdom
I run never anticipated a pandemic, although I did see other issues in 2019 but that was profession specific. I actually paid attention to the pandemic in late 2019 and never had a dream of how I would be paying for it three years later with contracts or workflow.

Are you some kind of a college professor or someone hiding in the woods with a manifesto? Grumpy was a woodsmen. Again though, I enjoy your posts!

pdude81

It’s not a contract. You should not have to renew on schedule to have one. Cause that makes it a contract without legalese.

And I think they were on sale for roughly 6 weeks? By loose math that was roughly 6 out of the last 155 weeks…

I did not buy/renew then…and leaning heavily agianst now…because of the lack of concern they showed for the valued customer. Yes…that still has tremendous value in business and it’s not their best course of action.

You sell timeshares to 15 blocks next to amusement parks and make no accommodation for entry other than what is offered to the residence inn at four Corners?

That scans?

I am a fan. I’m just not one that thinks that’s appropriate, I’m lucky…and I have a hard time “forgetting”
I thought you hinted about them giving you a shot outside the window, but I'm not great at reading tea leaves.

I can't fathom why they would ever block dvc from ap purchases while allowing Florida residents. But to me the more insane behavior is letting DS hotels get on site perks in any era. That stupidity continues to this day

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I thought you hinted about them giving you a shot outside the window, but I'm not great at reading tea leaves.

I can't fathom why they would ever block dvc from ap purchases while allowing Florida residents. But to me the more insane behavior is letting DS hotels get on site perks in any era. That stupidity continues to this day
I have a large credit still in the ticket system…

And yet…I’m still debating using it.

That was probably what I talked about a year-year and a half ago?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom