News Walt Disney World to resume complimentary parking at its resort hotels

ToTBellHop

I’m referring to the parking charge.
That’s fair. If I had to guess, six years ago, it was “let’s increase profits at WDW by 5%” and the P&R team came back and said, “most hotels charge for parking. We should, too!” I doubt the CEO demanded the specific change.

Guests hate the charge, so when Iger asked for potential changes guests will like, this was a top item. They know we will just use that money on Mickey pretzels and t-shirts, anyway.

ToTBellHop

Well, okay then.
Right, as I said, people like D’Amaro were listening. But they weren’t empowered by Chapek to respond. He did not entertain suggestions of reducing a fee. The new CEO is. So, no, Iger didn’t say “get rid of those parking fees, dammit!” He asked what kinds of changes guests would like to see.

DisneyDebRob

I’ll ask. Do we know if Universal’s future bookings are down too? Because worse than Disney’s numbers being down, would be if Universal’s aren’t. Not recession fears driven but value driving people to make different choices on where to stay on their Orlando vacation. DH just got a survey from them asking if park reservations for Epic would be too much of a negative. So they seem like they expect to be slammed.

WDW will never be able to balance the “Express Pass” scale, but people saying, “Yeah, but over there you have to pay for resort parking and ride photos.” Maybe enough of a bone for families with younger kids that were waffling?
Just a very small sample size which probably won’t answer your original question but my wife is booking Uni almost 2-3x more for this year than Disney. It’s the first time ever she has done it. There is no question that the value you got what you are getting anymore is much better at Universal. The packages being offered are blowing Disney away. She’s not even recommending they don’t do Disney, they are requesting it so there definitely is something with it. Saving money abd getting more.
As I’m texting this she just booked a family of 4 into a hotel 2 miles from universal for a hundred bucks less than the all stars and pop. They are getting full breakfast each morning.. hot appetizers each night between 5:30 and 7 with free cold drinks at night. Saving a fortune and getting a great package from a neighbor hotel.
Like I said, a small sample but I’m thinking Uni is doing fine.

GimpYancIent

The elimination, rolling back, doing away with or whatever terminology is used of the self-parking fees at WDW resorts for registered resort guests would be a huge, impactful and positive move. Because other resorts / hotels do it is ridiculous nonsense Disney was and can be better than the others. Maybe, just maybe a bit of the old magic may return, that making Disney guests feel special.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It’s a nice move. Curious though if they are going to try and absorb this somewhere else. A $10-$15 increase in room rates for a moderate would pretty much be unnoticeable at this point. A slight hike in resort F&B would be as well.

Not trying to be cynical. I just think Disney is going to make up the revenue elsewhere and use this gesture to win some PR points.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I’d say they’re customer friendly moves…so no doubt credit there

“Big wins” might be a bridge too far. Shouldn’t have messed these up in the first place and that was on iger’s watch
I’m not really interested in the blame game, both Bob’s are guilty of many things but righting some of their wrongs is step in the right direction no matter their motive.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It’s a nice move. Curious though if they are going to try and absorb this somewhere else. A $10-$15 increase in room rates for a moderate would pretty much be unnoticeable at this point. A slight hike in resort F&B would be as well.

Not trying to be cynical. I just think Disney is going to make up the revenue elsewhere and use this gesture to win some PR points.
They need to make up the loss somewhere to be honest. Unless they are adamant occupancy will pick up enough by removing the fee to cover the difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom