News Walt Disney World to eliminate self-service paper straws and plastic lids

MrPromey

I'm old enough to remember when IV & other solutions came in glass bottles. It made a big difference when a confused patient was throwing them at you.

Shampoo, too. Dropping your bottle of shampoo in the shower was dangerous!
ALL of that sounds terrifying. :oops:

... but were there deposits on those kinds of bottles?

Disstevefan1

I have changed my mind, I am loving this first world problem thread better than the Snow White live action remake thread.

I hope some of the WDW vloggers read these boards and give us a video on this ;)

Tha Realest

Easy solution.

If there are no plastic lids or straws when you pick up your food, ask for one. Stand there in line and wait until one is given to you. If they’re out or they refuse, stay where you are and demand (politey) they refund you the cost of your drinks (don’t get in another line). Hold up the dozen or so people who are also now waiting longer for their food. Offload the inefficiencies back on them.

lazyboy97o

Easy solution.

If there are no plastic lids or straws when you pick up your food, ask for one. Stand there in line and wait until one is given to you. If they’re out or they refuse, stay where you are and demand (politey) they refund you the cost of your drinks (don’t get in another line). Hold up the dozen or so people who are also now waiting longer for their food. Offload the inefficiencies back on them.
Making things difficult for the employees who have no role in the decision making or control over the situation is a jerk move.

SpectroMagician

Easy solution.

Disney is purposely choosing to make the guest experience much worse due to a false premise that plastic from the US ends up in the ocean. It does not. Plastic from the US is not an issue at all.

dreday3

Do you have research that shows that it does? (Serious question)

Prince-1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom