News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

Ldno

It doesn’t but literary when you place your order they call you up and tell you it’s ready. Look at the time window

Attachments

• 32834883-5AF6-4024-AE00-410564199CC3.jpg
    32834883-5AF6-4024-AE00-410564199CC3.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 2BE8E438-E1DA-4D89-B1FB-835F06C5F071.jpg
    2BE8E438-E1DA-4D89-B1FB-835F06C5F071.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 102

Ldno

I mobile ordered there pre-covid and they instantly said ready then poured when I arrived.
It’s super fast, it took seconds for it to say it was ready, took me longer to find ”milk stand” in the app than to get the drink to be honest.

Chi84

Premium Member
Not a popular opinion, but I am ready for fastpass+ to come back, obviously it won't until social distancing is gone but I prefer it.
It's not popular with the people who are most vocal on these boards, but Disney's audience is much broader. There were problems with FP+ that need to be solved, but there will always be some type of ride reservation system, even if it's a paid one. There's no way Disney is going back to a system where everyone in the park is standing in lines for rides.

JoeCamel

after being at Universal for 2 days this week with express pass lanes....I'm NOT in a hurry for FP to come back. We waited FOREVER for Minions because of people in the express line
That is an all the time thing and why you hit minions on early entry or rope drop. It has been that way for years

Capsin4

Looks like a lot of park reservations opened up in November and December compared to just last week. Is it normal for them to make more available without changing the caps?

techgeek

Looks like a lot of park reservations opened up in November and December compared to just last week. Is it normal for them to make more available without changing the caps?

Some of these additions (especially the ones earlier in the summer / fall) have been moving availability around between the designated ‘buckets’ (ie: making more AP slots available if resort bookings are soft for a given week).

Many of these more recent ones seem to be tied to increases in capacity (more plexiglass on rides allowing for greater capacity, additional dining venues now open, etc).

It’s been stated by Bob C that this increased capacity has not come at the cost of relaxing protocols, and that Disney is still holding to CDC guidance in its operations.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would hope they aren’t increasing capacity too much. The ride lines are long already and if they don’t plan to remove distancing requirements on rides and in queues (which they say they are not doing) than you just create bigger lines and longer waits. Already many people who have visited recently were turned off by the longer waits with still less to do overall and that will only get worse with increased capacity. Increasing capacity may create larger crowds for the holiday season, but could actually result in a sharp decrease in guest satisfaction and ultimately smaller crowds in the medium to longer term.

I would hope they aren’t increasing capacity too much. The ride lines are long already and if they don’t plan to remove distancing requirements on rides and in queues (which they say they are not doing) than you just create bigger lines and longer waits. Already many people who have visited recently were turned off by the longer waits with still less to do overall and that will only get worse with increased capacity. Increasing capacity may create larger crowds for the holiday season, but could actually result in a sharp decrease in guest satisfaction and ultimately smaller crowds in the medium to longer term.
We went this past week and were able to enjoy the parks and do everything we wanted except for one, Hollywood Studios. Those wait times at the park are actually accurate in the app and when you consider the park is only open 10-7, that isn't much time to do anything when every wait time is an hour or more. We figured if we go back next year that unless Hollywood Studios adds more or extends their park hours, we will probably be skipping it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom