News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

markc

I'm not saying they're wrong cause they are stating facts but they should have done some research...

I'm sure they did their research. This video is simply their way of "blogging" to give other people research material to make a decision before they go. They even stated they had military tickets at a reduced price which allowed them to not be as bothered by the state of the parks.

We can discuss if we liked their tone or not in the video - but they certainly aren't wrong in any of their points, and these are legitimate thoughts that people need to consider prior to making a decision to visit the parks. I don't think it can be stated enough - you're getting half an experience for full price.

Giss Neric

Advertisement
I'm sure they did their research. This video is simply their way of "blogging" to give other people research material to make a decision before they go. They even stated they had military tickets at a reduced price which allowed them to not be as bothered by the state of the parks.

We can discuss if we liked their tone or not in the video - but they certainly aren't wrong in any of their points, and these are legitimate thoughts that people need to consider prior to making a decision to visit the parks. I don't think it can be stated enough - you're getting half an experience for full price.
It's not what you say but how you say it. They don't need to warn people about their experience. It's been more than six months since opening so I'm pretty sure people are aware on what to expect. Some people act like it's not 2020. There are hundreds of theme park vloggers out there for them to see what is going on. You can check other social media platforms. Heck, you can even find info on TikTok which is the platform they used.

ParentsOf4

2 days ago, DHS was showing available for most days in December for Resort Guests. Now, there is almost no DHS availability for the month.

Any word if Disney reduced theme park capacity?

Perhaps they shifted it to Annual Pass Holders and it was used up quickly? However, weighing against this, on Sunday (November 29) I saw several weekdays available in December at DHS. I even booked a DHS park pass without a resort reservation.

It could be that Annual Pass Holders booked their post Thanksgiving park reservations later on Sunday or Monday but that still doesn't explain how DHS disappeared for Resort Guests.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
My employees and customers keep asking about doing the kind of things we used to do, and I'm constantly responding, "We're in the middle of a world-wide pandemic."

I know that saying "world-wide" is redundant, but, it's clear the actual meaning of "pandemic" is lost on these people.

My second most-used way of saying "no" is "because 'outside' isn't magic."

Giss Neric

Skip Disney...Dollywood is Christmas Magic and there are fireworks, live shows and all for 1/3 of the price.
Yeah it's true, but if you're someone who is concerned about safety, Dollywood ain't really that efficient when it comes to mask wearing and social distancing as compared to Orlando parks. Once you enter, you are on your own unless of course you don't care about the pandemic in general then go ahead.

JoeCamel

Skip Disney...Dollywood is Christmas Magic and there are fireworks, live shows and all for 1/3 of the price.

Yeah it's true, but if you're someone who is concerned about safety, Dollywood ain't really that efficient when it comes to mask wearing and social distancing as compared to Orlando parks. Once you enter, you are on your own unless of course you don't care about the pandemic in general then go ahead.
Tennessee y'all, land of the free and home of the brave

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
2 days ago, DHS was showing available for most days in December for Resort Guests. Now, there is almost no DHS availability for the month.

Any word if Disney reduced theme park capacity?

Perhaps they shifted it to Annual Pass Holders and it was used up quickly? However, weighing against this, on Sunday (November 29) I saw several weekdays available in December at DHS. I even booked a DHS park pass without a resort reservation.

It could be that Annual Pass Holders booked their post Thanksgiving park reservations later on Sunday or Monday but that still doesn't explain how DHS disappeared for Resort Guests.

Given the crowds today at DHS, I can see why there was no availability. But I'll also have to say that it wasn't the mean awful folks doing the Disney Death March cursing a blue streak at anything in thier way, it was a happy crowd of respectful folks tired of captivity looking for a respite from the awful. Mask wearing folks.

ParkerLoLs

That’s really sad to hear. I’d think Dolly herself wouldn’t be too pleased about it but if she hasn’t intervened, she’s going down a cup size in my book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom