News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

markc

I'm not saying they're wrong cause they are stating facts but they should have done some research...

I'm sure they did their research. This video is simply their way of "blogging" to give other people research material to make a decision before they go. They even stated they had military tickets at a reduced price which allowed them to not be as bothered by the state of the parks.

We can discuss if we liked their tone or not in the video - but they certainly aren't wrong in any of their points, and these are legitimate thoughts that people need to consider prior to making a decision to visit the parks. I don't think it can be stated enough - you're getting half an experience for full price.

Giss Neric

I'm sure they did their research. This video is simply their way of "blogging" to give other people research material to make a decision before they go. They even stated they had military tickets at a reduced price which allowed them to not be as bothered by the state of the parks.

We can discuss if we liked their tone or not in the video - but they certainly aren't wrong in any of their points, and these are legitimate thoughts that people need to consider prior to making a decision to visit the parks. I don't think it can be stated enough - you're getting half an experience for full price.
It's not what you say but how you say it. They don't need to warn people about their experience. It's been more than six months since opening so I'm pretty sure people are aware on what to expect. Some people act like it's not 2020. There are hundreds of theme park vloggers out there for them to see what is going on. You can check other social media platforms. Heck, you can even find info on TikTok which is the platform they used.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
He right though..

My employees and customers keep asking about doing the kind of things we used to do, and I'm constantly responding, "We're in the middle of a world-wide pandemic."

I know that saying "world-wide" is redundant, but, it's clear the actual meaning of "pandemic" is lost on these people.

My second most-used way of saying "no" is "because 'outside' isn't magic."

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
2 days ago, DHS was showing available for most days in December for Resort Guests. Now, there is almost no DHS availability for the month.

Any word if Disney reduced theme park capacity?

Perhaps they shifted it to Annual Pass Holders and it was used up quickly? However, weighing against this, on Sunday (November 29) I saw several weekdays available in December at DHS. I even booked a DHS park pass without a resort reservation.

It could be that Annual Pass Holders booked their post Thanksgiving park reservations later on Sunday or Monday but that still doesn't explain how DHS disappeared for Resort Guests.

Given the crowds today at DHS, I can see why there was no availability. But I'll also have to say that it wasn't the mean awful folks doing the Disney Death March cursing a blue streak at anything in thier way, it was a happy crowd of respectful folks tired of captivity looking for a respite from the awful. Mask wearing folks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not what you say but how you say it. They don't need to warn people about their experience. It's been more than six months since opening so I'm pretty sure people are aware on what to expect. Some people act like it's not 2020. There are hundreds of theme park vloggers out there for them to see what is going on. You can check other social media platforms. Heck, you can even find info on TikTok which is the platform they used.

No...it’s really what you say. “How you say it” is nice icing on the cake. It isn’t the cake.

The people are frustrated...I don’t fee too sorry for them because anyone believing it’s the time to go are not processing the FACTS of the situation...but I still get the human instinct to feel underwhelmed.

Not Disney fault...at least not anymore than usual.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
6:30pm tonight at MK's hub. People watching the castle's projections.
20201208_220623.jpg

20201208_221005.jpg

The rest of the park didn't feel as crowded.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
As much as I love WDW and definitely feel that way about it sometimes, I can’t imagine being there right now especially after seeing these pics.

Stupid people gonna do stupid things. There's something about Magic Kingdom that lobotomizes some guests so common sense is unavailable for their cognition. As the herds began to grow last week, we made our way for the exit from MK. It doesn't take blinking lights for the herds to form, just a narrow walkway, a few rides like Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion or Pirates, and an ill-conceived exterior queue.

Last edited:

ElvisMickey

I went to the Magic Kingdom yesterday afternoon for a few hours and it just wasn’t enjoyable...my worst park experience since they’ve reopened. It wasn’t packed with people where you couldn’t walk but there were LONG lines for every attraction and I’m even talking to get into the Tiki Room and a 45 minute wait for Country Jamboree. The line for Mansion started in the middle of Frontierland. There were lines to get into almost every store. Obviously they’re social distancing in the lines and only filling up half the ride vehicles and/or theaters, but it’s just brutal right now. I walked around for a bit, took a few pictures of the Christmas decorations and left.

giantgolfer

I went to the Magic Kingdom yesterday afternoon for a few hours and it just wasn’t enjoyable...my worst park experience since they’ve reopened. It wasn’t packed with people where you couldn’t walk but there were LONG lines for every attraction and I’m even talking to get into the Tiki Room and a 45 minute wait for Country Jamboree. The line for Mansion started in the middle of Frontierland. There were lines to get into almost every store. Obviously they’re social distancing in the lines and only filling up half the ride vehicles and/or theaters, but it’s just brutal right now. I walked around for a bit, took a few pictures of the Christmas decorations and left.
Thanks for the report. We need more of these type of real experience trip reports instead of the “look at all the demand for WDW!!! Isn’t it great?” posts....People need to know the reality of the situation instead of trying to sugar coat the awful experience people are having.

dreday3

Thanks for the report. We need more of these type of real experience trip reports instead of the “look at all the demand for WDW!!! Isn’t it great?” posts....People need to know the reality of the situation instead of trying to sugar coat the awful experience people are having.

To be honest, why would we take the word of the poster you are quoting (who I'm sure is telling their own experience) over the word of another poster who is there at this time saying "I had the most magical, wondrous, splendiferous trip!". Both of them could be being hyperbolic to prove their point.

I read people's reviews and take a little from this one, a little from that one and figure it's in the middle. We'll never really know unless we experience for ourselves. And sadly I won't get to until May (I hope!).

Disstevefan1

To be honest, why would we take the word of the poster you are quoting (who I'm sure is telling their own experience) over the word of another poster who is there at this time saying "I had the most magical, wondrous, splendiferous trip!". Both of them could be being hyperbolic to prove their point.

I read people's reviews and take a little from this one, a little from that one and figure it's in the middle. We'll never really know unless we experience for ourselves. And sadly I won't get to until May (I hope!).
Can you send me the link of the person had the most magical, wondrous splendiferous trip in 2020 please.

giantgolfer

I think you should re-read what I said. I didn’t mention anything about people who post about their experiences positively. I’d welcome those as well.

Its the posts that show pics of huge crowds at WDW and people claim its a great thing and we should all be excited about it. Those are awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom