Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

Piebald

Universal is really deviating from Disney here with their offerings. They are PACKED on the weekends. If Disney had the crowds/wait times they do on a weekend theyd get crucified by the media. But since its UO if seems like the media DGAF. They're obviously playing it very safe and likely trying to save money (Universals parent company probably wasnt as decimated as Disney has been with covid)

Universal is completely unenjoyable right now unless you have Express Pass.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal is really deviating from Disney here with their offerings. They are PACKED on the weekends. If Disney had the crowds/wait times they do on a weekend theyd get crucified by the media. But since its UO if seems like the media DGAF. They're obviously playing it very safe and likely trying to save money (Universals parent company probably wasnt as decimated as Disney has been with covid)

I’m not surprised to hear you say that at all.

I said on another thread I was at Hershey two weeks ago and it was clear there are no attendance restrictions. If the local governments won’t impose them - we’re in “go at your risk” territory.

Except Disney. They always were going to have the most to handle from a PR perspective as the light shines brigtest.

Their legacy is what allows them to pack the place prior and it’s what will not allow them to do it now. Dow30 company...by far the most international eyes on them at all times. A “flashpoint” would be dismissed rather quickly for Comcast and may never be for Disney.

Tori

Universal has been steadily getting busier on the weekends since they've reopened. I agree with that statement but have you gone during the week? It's a ghost town.

I avoid Disney parks on the weekends too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal has been steadily getting busier on the weekends since they've reopened. I agree with that statement but have you gone during the week? It's a ghost town.

I avoid Disney parks on the weekends too.
To be expected when no internationals and people from 25 or so states aren’t allowed to pass the border, huh?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
As a native South Carolinian, I’ll say you don’t speak for all of us. And I know there’s likely no changing your mind, but the point of view that “they don’t have anything to offer” is atrocious. You know they’re people too, right? Valuing all human life (even if there is no economic benefit) is what makes us a civilized society.
Ditto. This person speaks for the rednecks in the deepest pits of South Carolina that shop for groceries at Dollar General with their loud rusty big red pickup trucks.

While there are a lot of rednecks here in my state, that doesn't mean this bozo speaks for all of us. I went to WDW a couple of weeks ago and abided by the mask & social distance rules the entire trip. It's not that hard. Anyone who can't follow these rules is only going there to cause trouble. The nice part is Disney won't let you get away with it, from my experience at WDW. They're pretty strict on this stuff, thank god.

But don't ever clump yourself into "I speak for my entire state when I say..." No. You only speak for yourself, your own beliefs, and your own ignorance. Yeesh.

legwand77

More info on the Universal HHN houses, if this weekend goes well it looks like they will add two more houses (maybe alternate weekends). They have already staffed for multiple weekends. Houses are virtual lines , around 11,000 people per house per day.

side note: theory is that UO is running at about 40% capacity. Bet Universal is going to be busy this weekend.

Last edited:

bpiper

More info on the Universal HHN houses, if this weekend goes well it looks like they will add two more houses (maybe alternate weekends). They have already staffed for multiple weekends. Houses are virtual lines , around 11,000 people per house per day.

side note: theory is that UO is running at about 40% capacity. Bet Universal is going to be busy this weekend.
Per this Sentinel article, UO park attendance is 25%. It doesn't list what the caps are.

legwand77

matt9112

Scientists and politicians are not synonyms. The science on how infectious this virus is and how to avoid it has been unchanged since April.

What people are willing to do to avoid it is the only thing that has changed. Scientists strive tofind the truth, politicians strive to stay in power and lie cheat and steal to gain your vote.

So scientist's never lie or...fudge for funding? I mean there exsistance depends on making somebody somewhere happy unless all scientists are born with some gold bullion. I mean thats how we got gatoraide right? "Science" lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom