Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

raymusiccity

Epcots always been an afternoon-night time park for us. So this is great news and a nice step towards the parks returning to normal.

2 parks per day allowed by years end or early next year.

Mostly normal operating hours by January/February I imagine. Fireworks back either by Christmas, if not, then it will be spring when attendance historically picks up. Just my guesses based on following the parks for decades and visiting way too many times, :D.

Maybe no fireworks by Christmas....but, it would be an awesome and optimistic salute to the New Year by having a scaled back display December 31st ! 💥

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Maybe no fireworks by Christmas....but, it would be an awesome and optimistic salute to the New Year by having a scaled back display December 31st ! 💥
It actually would be a pretty solid move. Maybe they could even do it at DS over the water and setup many, many socially distant markers around the lake. Some of the restaurants on that side could provide table front viewing as well. It could be a huge boost for business for the restaurants there that were shut down for so long and it would be a nice gesture to the many locals who are keeping the parks afloat right now either as CMs or as visitors. If it wasn’t for local support WDW would still be locked down right now. A free NYE fireworks show would be a great gesture of thanks. They have the parking and the volume of workers needed to make it work safely.

legwand77

It actually would be a pretty solid move. Maybe they could even do it at DS over the water and setup many, many socially distant markers around the lake. Some of the restaurants on that side could provide table front viewing as well. It could be a huge boost for business for the restaurants there that were shut down for so long and it would be a nice gesture to the many locals who are keeping the parks afloat right now either as CMs or as visitors. If it wasn’t for local support WDW would still be locked down right now. A free NYE fireworks show would be a great gesture of thanks. They have the parking and the volume of workers needed to make it work safely.
or just do the same at Epcot/MK where that is all in place, sure it is not free but the target audience you mentioned (local) and who have been to Disney pretty much all have annual passes plus it would be a bonus to the guests in the parks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
or just do the same at Epcot/MK where that is all in place, sure it is not free but the target audience you mentioned (local) and who have been to Disney pretty much all have annual passes plus it would be a bonus to the guests in the parks.
That’s probably more likely. CMs are probably blacked out of the parks for NYE (unless demand really drops off), I was just thinking it would be a nice gesture to do for workers as a thanks for hanging in there and helping keep the lights on.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
People need to stay later to really be able to enjoy holiday lighting and other such things that are dependent on night time viewing. Hard to see/enjoy a projection show on the castle when it’s still light out. So they... extend MK by *1* hour in November, and shift Epcot’s hours back 1 hour.

You have to wonder if they even want non-locals to book at this point. I have a friend going over Thanksgiving and he’s livid at the current hours that are posted. I think the only reason he hasn’t cancelled is that his wife really wants to see the Christmas decorations.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No, by cutting back the lights and night shows.

Ahh, gotcha. That they have. But they are still planning to have a castle projection show that needs darkness, plus decorations around the parks (that I would presume would have some lights, but perhaps I'm wrong). Just feels like they could do even a little bit more but are taking the easy/cheap way out and cutting things "due to COVID".

drizgirl

Ahh, gotcha. That they have. But they are still planning to have a castle projection show that needs darkness, plus decorations around the parks (that I would presume would have some lights, but perhaps I'm wrong). Just feels like they could do even a little bit more but are taking the easy/cheap way out and cutting things "due to COVID".
Remember the #ThanksShanghai days? This is going to put that to shame.

legwand77

Probably just for what was reported weeks ago, maybe a virtual HHN. Possibly to make a few videos. Almost impossible in these times to have enclosed house loaded with people as others jump out on you.

It is now official smaller version of HHN , two houses, starting this weekend as a test. Free to guests.

Also doing trick or treating for kids and encouraging costumes. Universal is adding things and yet Disney has reduced. That can't last long, Disney is going to have to add some value.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is now official smaller version of HHN , two houses, starting this weekend as a test. Free to guests.

Also doing trick or treating for kids and encouraging costumes. Universal is adding things and yet Disney has reduced. That can't last long, Disney is going to have to add some value.

It will last indefinitely until Florida’s data improves and it really isn’t.

Strap in for the full 8 seconds, Cowboy!!

DVCakaCarlF

I can assure you they won’t have fireworks until after the holidays.

giantgolfer

Tell me again why Disney has to follow Universal? I still don’t understand....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom