Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
January 4 - 8, 2017
- On sale April 26, 2016 at noon ET.

January 6 - 10, 2016

Last edited:

Ariel484

My brother and I will be running the marathon...our first marathon ever! :sohappy:

I'm using Hal Higdon's Novice I training plan and am attempting to work in some strength training this time around. :wave:

Wilt Dasney

My brother and I will be running the marathon...our first marathon ever! :sohappy:

I'm using Hal Higdon's Novice I training plan and am attempting to work in some strength training this time around. :wave:

Good luck. That's a great training plan, in my experience. I followed Higdon religiously last fall and winter, and finished strong in my first marathon at WDW this January. :wave:

anc33

I will be running this as my first full as well. No time goal, just hoping to finish.

minniemickeyfan

Our family is trying the 5k run for Friday morning for the first time ever and our first official run ever. Anyone done this one before or can offer any advice? It will be my husband, daughter-15 and I. We have been getting ready for months, daughter's at 2 1/2 miles now. Hope we are ready!

Ariel484

Good luck. That's a great training plan, in my experience. I followed Higdon religiously last fall and winter, and finished strong in my first marathon at WDW this January. :wave:

Good, glad to hear that it worked for you! I think it looks like a good, challenging plan. I read Higdon's "Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide" awhile ago and he really seems to know what he's talking about. :)

I will be running this as my first full as well. No time goal, just hoping to finish.

That's pretty much my goal too. Good luck to you!

First and maybe last marathon. :D

My thoughts as well :lol: The things we do for Disney.

Our family is trying the 5k run for Friday morning for the first time ever and our first official run ever. Anyone done this one before or can offer any advice? It will be my husband, daughter-15 and I. We have been getting ready for months, daughter's at 2 1/2 miles now. Hope we are ready!

I've never done a Disney 5K before (I did the Princess Half in February), but I know people on this board have. Here's a report from TouringPlans.com...one of the writers did the Beauty and the Beast 5K during the Princess Half Marathon weekend. I think the course is the same, and I imagine the overall experience will be similar:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2011/03/10/when-we-ran/

If your daughter is at 2.5 miles already, I'm sure she'll be fine by race day. Are you using a training plan?

Make sure you know ahead of time whether you all want to stick together throughout the race, don't forget your camera (it's not unusual at all to stop for pictures on the race course), and make sure to wear your finisher medal throughout the rest of your trip! Above all else, I personally think that it's important to slow down and take it all in during these Disney races - enjoy the experience. You'll have a blast. :wave:

lukacseven

I opted to run the half and the relay to get the commemorative medals. Just saw the Relay meal on Facebook. I'm much more psyched about that than I am the Donald medal.

minniemickeyfan

I've never done a Disney 5K before (I did the Princess Half in February), but I know people on this board have. Here's a report from TouringPlans.com...one of the writers did the Beauty and the Beast 5K during the Princess Half Marathon weekend. I think the course is the same, and I imagine the overall experience will be similar:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2011/03/10/when-we-ran/

If your daughter is at 2.5 miles already, I'm sure she'll be fine by race day. Are you using a training plan?

Make sure you know ahead of time whether you all want to stick together throughout the race, don't forget your camera (it's not unusual at all to stop for pictures on the race course), and make sure to wear your finisher medal throughout the rest of your trip! Above all else, I personally think that it's important to slow down and take it all in during these Disney races - enjoy the experience. You'll have a blast. :wave:

Thanks for the info! We have been using a training plan to slowly increase the distance in less time. Sounds like a lot of fun, I will be sure to bring my small camera!

faw286570

I am looking forward to the 2012 races. To get a different perspective - I signed up as a volunteer to help give out Powerade/Water during the half marathon on Saturday. Then I plan to complete the full marathon on Sunday.

MKCP 1985

I opted to run the half and the relay to get the commemorative medals. Just saw the Relay meal on Facebook. I'm much more psyched about that than I am the Donald medal.

Agreed - the Chip & Dale medals make me want to find a partner and run for the medal! The Donald - they got a little too cute for my tastes, trying to use the 1 and 2 in 2012 to make the 1/2.

No Disney marathon weekend for me in 2012. I'm committed to another race in another place this time, but I will be back. :D

SpongeScott

Agreed - the Chip & Dale medals make me want to find a partner and run for the medal! The Donald - they got a little too cute for my tastes, trying to use the 1 and 2 in 2012 to make the 1/2.

No Disney marathon weekend for me in 2012. I'm committed to another race in another place this time, but I will be back. :D
First dibs on doing the Chip & Dale with you in 2013.

Ariel484

I am looking forward to the 2012 races. To get a different perspective - I signed up as a volunteer to help give out Powerade/Water during the half marathon on Saturday. Then I plan to complete the full marathon on Sunday.

Great idea! I'd be really interested to hear your take on this. :) Good luck with the marathon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom