Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Marathon still does the loops of death through the Blizzard Beach parking lots, but I see it has dropped from 28 miles back down to 26.2 with a start at the Epcot lots rather than the road! 😉
IMG_3528.gif

IMG_3524.png

IMG_3525.png

IMG_3526.png
IMG_3527.png

Surferboy567

It’s been a long journey to get here but the previous week marked the start of my Dopey taper.

My training plan called for the following:

Tuesday - 45 min run
Thursday - 45 min run
Saturday - 6 mile run

What I actually ended up doing:

Tuesday - 45 min walk
Thursday - 45 min walk
Monday -Virtual 4K Run (2.5 miles)

As I stated before, I am trying to minimize the amount of running during this taper. To ensure no new injuries can be formed and any previous injuries can have enough time to work themselves out and heal. I plan on repeating a similar training schedule for next week’s training. I can’t believe it has finally come down to the last week. Instead of the 7 mile run my training program calls for I am going to shorten it considerably and continue to walk my maintenance runs. I feel my base building has been sufficient and this off point will benefit me during Dopey proper. As stated, we have entered the home stretch now.

Surferboy567

Happy New Years Eve. I’m happy to report as of yesterday my Dopey Challenge training has come to a close. 27 weeks has led to this.

Over those 27 weeks, I ran 426.47 miles in 94.76 hours. I can’t believe I’ve actually completed the training program.

Instead of the three runs recommended I just did one yesterday. I want to make sure my leg is fully healed. It felt good yesterday where I ran a little under 5 miles. This has been a crazy long journey to get to this point but now I feel more confident in my ability to hopefully finish Dopey.

Good luck to my fellow marathon weekend participants both virtually and in person!

Surferboy567

@Surferboy567 Good on you! That is amazing. What has it been - only 2-3 years since you started running?
My first “race” was castaway 5K unofficial on a Disney cruise in January of 2019.

My first virtual race when I actually trained and prepared for it was Wine & Dine 10K in 2020.

My first in person race was the inaugural springtime surprise weekend in 2022 I ran the whole challenge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom