Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

ChristaH

Survived the expo yesterday! No lines anywhere. Just a lot of people and noise. Picked up all my stuff, an I Did It shirt for the half (which I gave to my mom for safe-keeping until after the race!) and a 13.1 Mickey ears magnet. It was a little intimidating seeing all the "real" runners but also lots of normal people like me :). Saw the D&B stuff but not even tempted to get it. Just not my thing. I may try to go back later. I wish I had gotten a sweaty band.

Ran 2 miles this morning between POFQ and Riverside. Longest 2 miles of my life. Felt like I was running under water. I think I overdid it yesterday between two parks and the expo. So I'll rest a little more today.

Here is me at the expo yesterday

image.jpg

JillC LI

Survived the expo yesterday! No lines anywhere. Just a lot of people and noise. Picked up all my stuff, an I Did It shirt for the half (which I gave to my mom for safe-keeping until after the race!) and a 13.1 Mickey ears magnet. It was a little intimidating seeing all the "real" runners but also lots of normal people like me :). Saw the D&B stuff but not even tempted to get it. Just not my thing. I may try to go back later. I wish I had gotten a sweaty band.

Ran 2 miles this morning between POFQ and Riverside. Longest 2 miles of my life. Felt like I was running under water. I think I overdid it yesterday between two parks and the expo. So I'll rest a little more today.

View attachment 42561

I'm sure it's hard to resist doing full out Park touring while you're at WDW, but it WILL have an affect on your energy and strength so be careful in that heat. And good luck! And enjoy!

Sumrdog

View attachment 42561
You are a "real" runner! Anyone who straps on their sneakers and runs around is a real runner....Elite runners are the exception not the norm. Glad you survived.

We are heading down today, we don't arrive until late, late tonight. So hopefully it won't be too busy tomorrow when we go. Have fun!

Last edited:

ChristaH

image.jpg
Finished!! I ran all of the first 10 miles then had to walk off and on the last 3, especially on the overpass and hills. It was hot and humid. I finished in 2:48...close enough to my goal of 2:45. Really, my goal was to finish without dying or injuring myself, and I accomplished that! Here is me (on the left) with my sister just after the finish

ChristaH

Good news bad news for the marathoners. Tomorrow morning will be 10 degrees cooler than it was today, but it will be full sun when it's daylight. The clouds and the breeze made today tolerable.

Sumrdog

View attachment 42765 Finished!! I ran all of the first 10 miles then had to walk off and on the last 3, especially on the overpass and hills. It was hot and humid. I finished in 2:48...close enough to my goal of 2:45. Really, my goal was to finish without dying or injuring myself, and I accomplished that! Here is me (on the left) with my sister just after the finish
Congratulations!! It was wicked hot today...Excellent work!

fmingo36

1.5 hrs of yoga this morning followed by 2 miles on the treadmill. My first run of 2014, actually my first run since November--not pretty but I got it done :eek:!

Thinking off all the runners at Disney this morning. Good luck everyone!!!

Sumrdog

The Marathon was so much fun! I got a whole bunch of character photos...My favorite was Bolt, with Dog and Pluto! I also saw the Grave Diggers, Jack and Sally, The Villains, some reindeer. A guy ran the entire race with a Tuba decorated like Big Bird o_O He passed me at mile 24. I kept up my slow and steady pace the whole time and finished within 5 minutes of my second split. It wasn't a PR but I had so much fun!! The weather was perfect. My Garmin showed that I did exactly 27 miles, must have been the weaving, I was way back in corral M and the crowd didn't really thin out until about mile 16. I am so happy about how it went, I was really nervous because my training has been marginal, with all my work and other commitments. Luckily I am incredibly stubborn and I just slugged it out at the end, the last 4 miles I was really ready to be done. Now I have another week at Disney and I am going to do some relaxing! Its so nice to know you guys were thinking about me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom