2014- 19,235
2015- 20,242
2016- 19,851
2017- 17,772
2018- 20,092
2019- 11,936
2020- 14,116
2022- 11,335

The 2018 anniversary was clearly a jumping off point for a lot of folks. But it still makes no sense as to why the races sold out this fast if something has not changed.

I would love for runDisney to simply communicate what they limited the number to. Is there any reason for keeping these numbers hidden?

Last edited:

pdude81

Does anybody know what the date was we needed to have proof of time by, or if there was a date the race had to be prior to? This is for the marathon. I saw it when registering and I think it was late Sept, but don't see it on the Race Policies page.

Also, given they PoT cutoff went from 4 hours back to 4:30 should we assume they are planning for a bigger crowd? I don't see any world in which this whole thing sold out in an hour and they've already registered more people than last year. Normally by now I feel like we would have already seen a few things pop up with availability for a few minutes as they make adjustments.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Does anybody know what the date was we needed to have proof of time by, or if there was a date the race had to be prior to? This is for the marathon. I saw it when registering and I think it was late Sept, but don't see it on the Race Policies page.

Also, given they PoT cutoff went from 4 hours back to 4:30 should we assume they are planning for a bigger crowd? I don't see any world in which this whole thing sold out in an hour and they've already registered more people than last year. Normally by now I feel like we would have already seen a few things pop up with availability for a few minutes as they make adjustments.
If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in 2 hours and 15 minutes (2:15) or less or the Marathon in 4 hours and 30 minutes (4:30) or less, proof of time is required for start group placement. If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in over 2 hours and 15 minutes or the Marathon in over 4 hours and 30 minutes, proof of time is not required. Start group placement is based on your anticipated finish time and start group capacities. Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge participants should adhere to Full Marathon proof of time requirements. Proof of time is not required for the 5K and 10K races.

Please note that if you submit a proof of time from an alternate race distance, an industry standard calculation will be applied to equate your finish time.

• Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race on a USATF certified course reflecting results between January 1, 2019, and September 27, 2022, and must be one of the below listed distances.
  • Runners will be placed in the last start group if appropriate race distance is not submitted for proof of time or if the data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified.

Full Marathon Proof of Time: Results for a 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon

Half Marathon Proof of Time: Results for a 10K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon

• Proof of Time must be submitted at the time of registration. You may change your proof of time until the deadline of September 27, 2022. No changes can be made after September 27, 2022. If data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start group.
  • No start group changes will be made after September 27, 2022.

pdude81

If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in 2 hours and 15 minutes (2:15) or less or the Marathon in 4 hours and 30 minutes (4:30) or less, proof of time is required for start group placement. If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in over 2 hours and 15 minutes or the Marathon in over 4 hours and 30 minutes, proof of time is not required. Start group placement is based on your anticipated finish time and start group capacities. Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge participants should adhere to Full Marathon proof of time requirements. Proof of time is not required for the 5K and 10K races.

Please note that if you submit a proof of time from an alternate race distance, an industry standard calculation will be applied to equate your finish time.

• Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race on a USATF certified course reflecting results between January 1, 2019, and September 27, 2022, and must be one of the below listed distances.
  • Runners will be placed in the last start group if appropriate race distance is not submitted for proof of time or if the data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified.

Full Marathon Proof of Time: Results for a 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon

Half Marathon Proof of Time: Results for a 10K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon

• Proof of Time must be submitted at the time of registration. You may change your proof of time until the deadline of September 27, 2022. No changes can be made after September 27, 2022. If data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start group.
  • No start group changes will be made after September 27, 2022.
Thanks! Wow, they're still going back to 2019 for PoT again. This means I might be able to use an out of shape half from last year to be lazy if I want since it's under 2:15. Hopefully things go better for me this summer though.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Now I think they may just be messing with us!

Apparently the races were back to saying “registration opening soon” this morning (it’s back to sold out now). I didn’t personally see it, but one of my racing buddies from Springtime Surprise Weekend texted me that she logged on to runDisney earlier and confirmed it showed as “opening soon.”

Not getting my hopes up too high, but filing this under “interesting development.” 😁

9C323AED-11A9-4393-9A52-860B9EE1D8B0.jpeg

pdude81

Apparently the races were back to saying “registration opening soon” this morning (it’s back to sold out now). I didn’t personally see it, but one of my racing buddies from Springtime Surprise Weekend texted me that she logged on to runDisney earlier and confirmed it showed as “opening soon.”

Not getting my hopes up too high, but filing this under “interesting development.” 😁

View attachment 635915
Very interesting. I'm holding tight on my room reservation until this all shakes out. I wonder if they were just making upates to this and Pricess though and weren't paying attention to which values were set. I've got a bookmark now on chrome that I check at least 10 times a day in case I can edit registration.

Rteetz

View attachment 635915
Here I will shoot your hope down ;)

So... runDisney does site updates roughly around 3 AM EST each night give or take. Today between roughly 7:45 and 8:25 AM CT they did more site updates which is not normal. This caused this to change between sold out and opening soon roughly 5 times. I know this because I have a personal tracker set up for wine and dine to open.

pdude81

Here I will shoot your hope down ;)

So... runDisney does site updates roughly around 3 AM EST each night give or take. Today between roughly 7:45 and 8:25 AM CT they did more site updates which is not normal. This caused this to change between sold out and opening soon roughly 5 times. I know this because I have a personal tracker set up for wine and dine to open.
350.png

pdude81

Been stalking the site multiple times a day and no openings yet. Hopefully when they finalize the charity placements they'll release a bunch more bibs. @DzynGrlSD, do you have any insight on whether they legitimately sold through the slots that fast or if they are waiting on some other things to play out? We were at the peak of the covid spike this past year and it seemed like things went pretty smoothly at that point even with reduced staffing.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Been stalking the site multiple times a day and no openings yet. Hopefully when they finalize the charity placements they'll release a bunch more bibs. @DzynGrlSD, do you have any insight on whether they legitimately sold through the slots that fast or if they are waiting on some other things to play out? We were at the peak of the covid spike this past year and it seemed like things went pretty smoothly at that point even with reduced staffing.

Since I'm only seasonal I don't communicate with my team at all during the "off" season. I have no idea. That's information I'll never be privy to.

pdude81

For anyone still looking for non-challenge bibs, GKTW has opened up spots. They also have bibs for all races (including challenges) for W&D and Princess.
I'm still actually seeing GKTW bibs for W&D now. Very surprised given that's it's been sold out so long and the bibs vanish within minutes once they show up on the site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom