Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Marathon races just came open, I’m confirmed for Dopey!!!!!! Can’t begin to express how excited I am, I had convinced myself it wouldn’t come back open!

ALL RACES ARE NOW OPEN!!!

Dopey closed again. But the rest are still open.

LAKid53

Premium Member
10K and Castaway Cay Challenge now gone. Guess everyone was excited after seeing pictures of the Wish.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Got Cece in for the 5k too before it sold out (if it’s sold out again yet, it was one of two distances left when I registered her)!

EDIT- as of 4:41, half is only thing open

pdude81

Marathon races just came open, I’m confirmed for Dopey!!!!!! Can’t begin to express how excited I am, I had convinced myself it wouldn’t come back open!

ALL RACES ARE NOW OPEN!!!
Congrats. I was stuck doing something for work and missed it. Been watching and checking multiple times a day, but it is what it is. If I could register for the half separately and then ask them to combine the two into Goofy I would, but I'll just wait it out and see if I can switch to goofy or dopey down the line.

Demarke

Premium Member
So even after her experience during Springtime Surprise, she's still running? Fantastic. Glad you both were able to register.

Need to plan a meetup.
Yep, fortunately (or unfortunately) Peachtree came across as way greedier and worse this weekend (I probably won’t even do that one again, after doing it for three years, ai’m more upset than she is for that one!). She did fine w 5k during Springtime, the 10k was just a bridge too far, so she was willing to get back into it! 😁

I promise we are not difficult people, Cece doesn’t even care much about the Peachtree issue, but as a lawyer and person involved in many civic events, I take the fiduciary duties to one’s customers very seriously, and the Atlanta Track Club has essentially stolen from anyone by denying the shirt paid for by anyone that was ill or injured prior to the race.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yep, fortunately (or unfortunately) Peachtree came across as way greedier and worse this weekend (I probably won’t even do that one again, after doing it for three years, ai’m more upset than she is for that one!). She did fine w 5k during Springtime, the 10k was just a bridge too far, so she was willing to get back into it! 😁

I promise we are not difficult people, Cece doesn’t even care much about the Peachtree issue, but as a lawyer and person involved in many civic events, I take the fiduciary duties to one’s customers very seriously, and the Atlanta Track Club has essentially stolen from anyone by denying the shirt paid for by anyone that was ill or injured prior to the race.

If only there was a lawyer who could talk "litigation". And I agree...

Demarke

Premium Member
If only there was a lawyer who could talk "litigation". And I agree...
I am crafting a lengthy letter about the issue (I was planning on doing Peachtree the next 25+ years before seeing this and Cece had all sorts of family lined up to do it next year; this is by the way an event that had 50K+ participants pre-Covid and had 35k this year, despite Disney, myrtle beach and other big ones being bigger than ever {the other events that don’t steal participant-shirts from those that can’t finish}).

I’m obviously a bit biased and passionate about this issue, but if you’d volunteer to read a 2-4 page letter before I send it I’d appreciate it 😁

LAKid53

Premium Member
I am crafting a lengthy letter about the issue (I was planning on doing Peachtree the next 25+ years before seeing this and Cece had all sorts of family lined up to do it next year; this is by the way an event that had 50K+ participants pre-Covid and had 35k this year, despite Disney, myrtle beach and other big ones being bigger than ever {the other events that don’t steal participant-shirts from those that can’t finish}).

I’m obviously a bit biased and passionate about this issue, but if you’d volunteer to read a 2-4 page letter before I send it I’d appreciate it 😁

Be happy to.

I think race organizers, if not a full refund, should at least provide a partial refund of registration fees for very specific occurrences that prevent a registrant from running - injury, hospitalization, death. Life DOES happen.... And mail the doggone Tshirt runners paid for. I'd be happy to pay a nominal shipping fee.

Speaking of, did you ever get your Club jacket?

Demarke

Premium Member
Be happy to.

I think race organizers, if not a full refund, should at least provide a partial refund of registration fees for very specific occurrences that prevent a registrant from running - injury, hospitalization, death. Life DOES happen.... And mail the doggone Tshirt runners paid for. I'd be happy to pay a nominal shipping fee.

Speaking of, did you ever get your Club jacket?
Thanks! I got my jacket about 3 months ago finally. I’m not even talking about mailing, I carried her bib with me (I was slow, 1:09:00+), and a volunteer gave me her shirt then a worker took it from my sweaty shoulder and accused me of being the for trying to get a participant shirt for my gf that I had paid well over $100 for her to participate! Trust me, I have many grievances to air out before I feel better about their theft of her money (Atlanta Track Club, not Disney 😁).

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks! I got my jacket about 3 months ago finally. I’m not even talking about mailing, I carried her bib with me (I was slow, 1:09:00+), and a volunteer gave me her shirt then a worker took it from my sweaty shoulder and accused me of being the ******* for trying to get a participant shirt for my gf that I had paid well over $100 for her to participate! Trust me, I have many grievances to air out before I feel better about their theft of her money (Atlanta Track Club, not Disney 😁).

This is just so dumb on their part because if they are like the races I volunteer for, they are left with tons of shirts after every race and because most race shirts have dates on them they can’t be reused. Not to mention, race shirts are advertising for future races!

I do know of some races that sell previous years tshirts, so maybe that was their rationale ? (Though now that I think about it, the race here that sells their shirt doesn‘t have a finisher shirt but a finisher gift so the shirts are always an additional item for purchase during the race weekend).

pdude81

Races have opened up a bunch of times very briefly today. The one time I tried to switch to Goofy it took all my info but wouldn't enable to payment button. Some have said it's a glitch and you are stuck registering again and then begging for a refund on your earlier purchases. I'll keep hunting for now

Demarke

Premium Member
This is just so dumb on their part because if they are like the races I volunteer for, they are left with tons of shirts after every race and because most race shirts have dates on them they can’t be reused. Not to mention, race shirts are advertising for future races!

I do know of some races that sell previous years tshirts, so maybe that was their rationale ? (Though now that I think about it, the race here that sells their shirt doesn‘t have a finisher shirt but a finisher gift so the shirts are always an additional item for purchase during the race weekend).
Yep, that’s my thought too. This was my 90th race since the start of 2019 and I can’t think of one other one that had shirts where they weren’t given out in advance (Myrtle Beach Marathon has a finisher shirt, but that’s a second shirt that’s specifically labeled finisher). Maybe they plan to sell leftovers, they are dated for 2022 but don’t say finisher on them, just have this years artwork. At any rate, promoting a shirt with registration and then hiding the finisher requirement in a hard to find FAQ page (not in registration or policies page) is a good way to get people not to come back to an event. Makes me wonder what other issues they have that are turning people off too. It kind of surprised me beforehand that this race that once had 50K+ participants and a lottery to get in now struggled to get 35K with registration left open until days before the race. Meanwhile, Disney, NY, Cooper River Bridge Run, and other large scale races around the country seem to have as high or higher demand than ever!

At any rate, I’ll stop derailing this thread 😁. I saw there were some more much briefer Marathon Weekend openings yesterday for a couple of distances. Hope everybody is getting in who missed out on registration day!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom