Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I noticed early registration dates for certain levels of Club runDisney. No early registration for DVC, APs?

Figment82

If I thought, why not go all out.

And now that Gold and Platinum open a week before general registration, I'm glad I did.
Yeah, that’s a great perk! Registration is gonna be fuuuuun this time around, lol! I’m crossing my fingers for a reserved spot with W&D, and hoping that since I’m only going for the Half during Marathon Weekend, it won’t be *that* bad. 😬

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah, that’s a great perk! Registration is gonna be fuuuuun this time around, lol! I’m crossing my fingers for a reserved spot with W&D, and hoping that since I’m only going for the Half during Marathon Weekend, it won’t be *that* bad. 😬

Will the bambina do the kids races?

Figment82

Will the bambina do the kids races?
They don’t have the kids races listed with the registration, so I’m assuming they’re holding off (probably until vaccinations are available). She’d love to run them if they end up happening, but I don’t blame rD for deciding to wait.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They don’t have the kids races listed with the registration, so I’m assuming they’re holding off (probably until vaccinations are available). She’d love to run them if they end up happening, but I don’t blame rD for deciding to wait.

Didn't think about that.

I'm just excited to get back on property.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I noticed early registration dates for certain levels of Club runDisney. No early registration for DVC, APs?
This means very little, but, the passholder benefit page still lists early access for passholders, but it also doesn’t reference the new race dates.
BDB501B8-9D53-48BC-89CD-B7D3D854290A.png

LAKid53

Premium Member
This means very little, but, the passholder benefit page still lists early access for passholders, but it also doesn’t reference the new race dates.View attachment 567823

I saw that. Registration for W&D opens next Tuesday July 6th for Gold & Platinum Club rD members. If following the normal timeline, registration for APs and DVC members should open next Thursday, July 8th. But no races listed for the 2021-22 calendar is troubling, unless they've not gotten around to updating the page. Need to get a move on.

Figment82

Haven't heard that.
A TA in the W&D Facebook group just posted they aren’t allowing them to book bib bundles. She said she lost several clients because of it (which is ridiculous, but people are cuckoo). Not that I’ve ever used a TA to book, but it is interesting to see how they’re really limiting registration to just one general booking window.

LAKid53

Premium Member
A TA in the W&D Facebook group just posted they aren’t allowing them to book bib bundles. She said she lost several clients because of it (which is ridiculous, but people are cuckoo). Not that I’ve ever used a TA to book, but it is interesting to see how they’re really limiting registration to just one general booking window.

That's going to hurt charities, also.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I saw that. Registration for W&D opens next Tuesday July 6th for Gold & Platinum Club rD members. If following the normal timeline, registration for APs and DVC members should open next Thursday, July 8th. But no races listed for the 2021-22 calendar is troubling, unless they've not gotten around to updating the page. Need to get a move on.

The FAQ states this...lots of teeth nashing on SM

"Early registration for runDisney events, including Annual Passholders (AP) and Disney Vacation Club (DVC), will not be offered. Gold and Platinum Club runDisney Members will continue to have early registration opportunities as an entitlement of their membership level."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom