News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

Disone

Yes WDW's holiday offerings are now a fraction of what they were, with little no imagination or real desire to do anything special.

In the past, people would plan trips specifically to WDW to see things like the Osborne Lights, and Peace on Earth finale. The only effort now goes into offerings that are money making, such as Candlelight dining packages and the GF Gingerbread house. There is very little reason for anyone to plan a holiday trip now.

WDW holidays needs a complete rework.
Agreed. To be honest I have long thought Disneyland holiday offerings have outpaced Walt Disney World. What I didn't realize going to Disneyland this year was just how much of their holiday offerings were not reduced or cut versus Walt Disney World. It's sad.

Even if you go behind the pay wall at Walt Disney World what they're currently calling Mickey's Christmas time Parade is really a shadow of that parade. Yes it's more than a cavalcade but it falls way short of being the full parade it used to be.

While growing increasingly vulnerable to becoming dated Disneyland's Christmas fantasy parade was the full parade and not behind a pay wall.

I guess we do the jingle Cruise. And that's not a terrible thing. Disneyland no longer does it. They do have a little hint of holidays at the very end but it's not the jingle Cruise.

MagicHappens1971

What about DHS? I thought it looked great a few weeks ago when we were there and absolutely loved the vibe. I never took stock of what was displayed in years past.
I don’t think anything’s missing from DHS, unless they never installed the Toy Story Land decor which I had not seen on any of my trips in mid November. Heading to DHS tomorrow so can definitely fill that answer in if someone doesn’t get to it before me.

peter11435

I don’t think anything’s missing from DHS, unless they never installed the Toy Story Land decor which I had not seen on any of my trips in mid November. Heading to DHS tomorrow so can definitely fill that answer in if someone doesn’t get to it before me.
What about DHS? I thought it looked great a few weeks ago when we were there and absolutely loved the vibe. I never took stock of what was displayed in years past.
DHS is possibly the park with the best decor package at the moment. However this year they did not decorate toy story land, the grand Avenue/Muppets area, and the animation courtyard mermaid area. Decorations are also missing from inside a couple of their tableservice restaurants.

they also did not decorate the auto Plaza but I will excuse that because of the 50th banners. The Santa statue is missing from Hollywood Boulevard and the one near mama Melrose. They couldn’t be bothered with jingle bell jingle Bam and sunset seasons greetings is running without lasers.

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
DHS is possibly the park with the best decor package at the moment. However this year they did not decorate toy story land, the grand Avenue/Muppets area, and the animation courtyard mermaid area. Decorations are also missing from inside a couple of their tableservice restaurants.

they also did not decorate the auto Plaza but I will excuse that because of the 50th banners. The Santa statue is missing from Hollywood Boulevard and the one near mama Melrose. They couldn’t be bothered with jingle bell jingle Bam and sunset seasons greetings is running without lasers.
DHS also didn't even bother to open the Christmas store over by Mama Melrose. It’s all blacked out with dark curtains so you wouldn’t know what was supposed to be in there.
710D14A6-87C0-4CDB-9D1A-618753E1543C.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Thanks. We didn’t venture into any of those places when we were there, as there was no point with the lines being what they were at TSL, and I couldn’t convince my family to hit Muppetvision.

ToTBellHop

JBJB is the most egregious to me since it is such a large-scale offering. Cancel the two projection shows and have this instead.

What is going on with lasers, lately?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
JBJB is the most egregious to me since it is such a large-scale offering. Cancel the two projection shows and have this instead.

If I had to guess (and I could be 100% wrong, someone correct me if I am) - JBJB is more expensive and doesn't bring in any revenue, and the projection shows are cheaper (but still don't bring in any revenue)?

MagicHappens1971

If I had to guess (and I could be 100% wrong, someone correct me if I am) - JBJB is more expensive and doesn't bring in any revenue, and the projection shows are cheaper (but still don't bring in any revenue)?
This sounds about right IMO. They also probably don’t really care to add this at the moment because it’s not like DHS has an issue with drawing people to the park. I’m sure people are going to respond with well why does MK have a firework show then, and etc. My point is that I’m sure whoever does the math, came to the realization that the amount of extra guests it would draw doesn’t substantiate the cost

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Crowds diminish in the evening at DHS, cutting into dining sales. Fireworks prevent that exodus.

Ahh, excellent point, one that I had forgotten about (since we don't dine in the parks in the evening any longer, for the most part, way too expensive). So... cut the show that leads to higher crowds in the park in the evening, which means fewer people buying food and/or dining reservations (presumably), and also potentially fewer merchandise sales. Makes sense... IN BIZARRO WORLD.

ToTBellHop

Ahh, excellent point, one that I had forgotten about (since we don't dine in the parks in the evening any longer, for the most part, way too expensive). So... cut the show that leads to higher crowds in the park in the evening, which means fewer people buying food and/or dining reservations (presumably), and also potentially fewer merchandise sales. Makes sense... IN BIZARRO WORLD.
I don’t get it. JBJB isn’t really that costly due to pyro cuts. Perhaps the tech required for the full shows in Center Stage has not been maintained?

Touchdown

DHS fireworks don’t get the same bang that Epcot’s and MK’s shows get with drawing people at night, but Fantasmic does, which is why that’s coming back and JBJB and SWGS have no return dates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom