Walt Disney World Holiday Season 2024

Schweino

It's all perspective.

You say access to MK for 8 hours, 3 hours general operation, 5 hours of reduced crowds with unique entertainment is excessive at the $200 price point. I think there is value to be had. People spend similar money for 2-4 hour broadway show or a 3 hour NFL football game.
Actually, for MVMCP I think its fair value (in Disney terms that is lol). Jollywood? Eh.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
With Jollywood running on more nights and the park now closing to day guests at 6:30 pm with Fantasmic on those nights, we can expect even worse party season non-party night crowding issues in November and December.

Yay.

But just think of all the ILL and Genie+ money they'll generate. Totally worth it.

ToTBellHop

But just think of all the ILL and Genie+ money they'll generate. Totally worth it.
I’m sure they reduce the Genie price on party days at impacted parks.
1719249681237.jpeg

bmr1591

Original Poster
So @wdwmagic, is there anything still yet to be announced? It sure seemed you were hinting at more for Jollywood than this and potentially Dreamlights. I understand plans change, sometimes very suddenly, I just didn’t know if we should expect more.

JohnD

1. Streets of America are gone.​
2. Osborne lights are sold off.​
3. Osborn lights represent the 90's use of string lights. There are DIYers who put on a more impressive Christmas light displays on their house, than DHS had in the entirety of the Osborne Lights display.​

That said, it would be nice for a brand new take on an overwhelming display of Christmas lights somewhere. For a while, it looked like DinoRama was going to become the new Osborne Lights, and that is, well, not going to happen.

You know what's currently a mostly blank slate for an over-the-top Christmas light display? Tomorrowland.

Or, The Marketplace of DS.
Wish they would light up Hollywood Blvd or the plaza around the theater with LED lights. Pick the most popular tunes: What is This?, several tracks from Trans Siberian Orchestra, etc. Would be awesome.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To each their own, but as a family of 5, my party tickets cost us just under $1000 and I thought it was worth it, which was like 5 days before actual Christmas.

Most people said Jollywood was pretty decent after opening night.
So what do you do on days before the evening cattle call?

Just curious

JohnD

Additional savings for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights between October 6th and November 21st.
Actually, that discount works for me. I'm planning on attending homecoming at my central Florida university, October 25-27. Then head down to WDW after that. I have the Pixie Dust pass and that would be perfect for me.

grandad to 4

It's all perspective.

You say access to MK for 8 hours, 3 hours general operation, 5 hours of reduced crowds with unique entertainment is excessive at the $200 price point. I think there is value to be had. People spend similar money for 2-4 hour broadway show or a 3 hour NFL football game.
It is football. You are passing your money to Disney

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is football. You are passing your money to Disney
The Broadway show, concert and football game are the WORST comparisons to Disney parks ever.

And why? Because those last 3-5 hours door to door and typically do not involve travel. They certainly don’t feature an average of 6-7 days of inflated hotels in any travel market, airfare and an onslaught of hyper food prices for the week.

The ONLY comparable cost comparison to Disney parks is Probably cruises…just don’t use DCL 💰💰💰

The “Broadway” thing reminds me of someone that puts everything on credit and pay APR on their bacon

mattpeto

Last year, they removed MK from EEH offerings somewhere in the MNSSHP-MVMCP date range and published special Extending Evening Hour dates around the time they mentioned the holiday offerings.

Animal Kingdom got some EEH nights in Nov/Dec. Will be interesting if they leverage AK again when MK and DHS go into party season.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Last year, they removed MK from EEH offerings somewhere in the MNSSHP-MVMCP date range and published special Extending Evening Hour dates around the time they mentioned the holiday offerings.

Animal Kingdom got some EEH nights in Nov/Dec. Will be interesting if they leverage AK again when MK and DHS go into party season.

They need to “leverage” people into showing up and booking hotel rooms…cause it ain’t happening

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom