News Walt Disney World Holiday Events 2023

tcool123

Could Candlelight be moved to DHS?
Theater of the Stars could theoretically host it with a capacity of about 1,500

If a holiday party comes to DHS would make sense for the lighting/sound package of Saucers and Slinky to be locked to this paywall. Other overlays that could theoretically happen:

• Toy Story Mania Holiday Overlay, didn't they brag how they could change scenes in less than a hour when first rolling it out due to the attractions technology?
  • Rock 'n' Rollercoaster could easily have new holiday rock and roll and lights ala holiday space mountain
  • Runaway Railway Overlay, isn't it the same as Mania just to a lesser extent
  • Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas - Live! they got the sets and most of the costumes alongside existing songs and storyline
And as others have mentioned holiday shorts in the various theaters in the park, plenty of space for meet and greets and treat stops too. The shuttered Studio 1 Store could become a themed meet and greet space if they want something special for the Clauses.

MagicHappens1971

Not getting the two significant, just the one now?

Dreamlights will stick is my gut.
While I can't speak to WDWMagic's original post regarding the "two additions", if there was a last-minute cut, I would assume it would not be the DHS plans (whatever they are) granted Disney just put out a teaser implying something for DHS.

TTA94

There has been a relatively last minute cut, we are one significant addition down on original plans.

If this was a different thread I’d be be very upset it was what seems to continue to get cut and that’s a particular parade. At least tell me that wasn’t connected to this holiday thing? lol.

gerarar

Premium Member
I don't either lol but just added it on there. They could rework Fantasmic into a version of A Christmas Carol where Mickey goes through the past, present and future, sprinkling in some other characters like Mulan, Ariel, etc as people in those time frames that affected his life.
I've always thought they could do small changes to the show during different times of the year.

For example, since May The Fourth events are done exclusively at DHS, they could have Mickey defeat Malificient with a (retractable) lightsaber instead of the sword in the stone. Tons of people would flock to see that one night special show lol.

In the past, they would put a Santa hat on Malificient on Christmas and such.

Edit: found a photo from a couple years ago!

Last edited:

DisneyFanatic12

I don’t think MVMCP could be moved to HS just due to capacity issues (HS does not have as much room to spread out), and for the whole fireworks and parade issue. The parade needs the huge parade route at MK for viewing space, HS would not have enough capacity with their limited viewing space. Fireworks would also be an issue. They don’t have a huge hub or anything there.

Tha Realest

Nope. I'm positive we're going to see Rod Serling wearing a Santa Hat!!
1686625486455.jpeg

jpeden

In the Parks
No
There has been a relatively last minute cut, we are one significant addition down on original plans.

You can always count on Disney to make a major cut in the eve of an announcement.

Either bookings are up and they don’t feel the need to add something else or bookings are down and they don’t want to spend the money based on projected revenue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom